Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half my army disappeared !

Default Half my army disappeared !

Hey i just clicked next turn and i heard "leaving the army" then half of my army was gone. The remaining men had gained a few chevrons like they had entered a secret combat while i was waiting for the next turn or something.

No enemys were near them or could have reached them so i dont know if this is a bug or the fact that they stood on a mountainpass during wintertime.

What do you think?

Why must strange things happen to me? i was roleplaying with that army and the next thing i know half of my elite fighting force has gone up in smoke whitout a explanation.
    check my "only 1 settlement" thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30259

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Hey i just clicked next turn and i heard "leaving the army" then half of my army was gone. The remaining men had gained a few chevrons like they had entered a secret combat while i was waiting for the next turn or something.

No enemys were near them or could have reached them so i dont know if this is a bug or the fact that they stood on a mountainpass during wintertime.

What do you think?

Why must strange things happen to me? i was roleplaying with that army and the next thing i know half of my elite fighting force has gone up in smoke whitout a explanation.
    the RTW mystery. You should call scoopy-doo and his crew to sort it out just kidding mate maybe they were ambushed and when the battle window opened you clicked auto-resolve.

That happened a few times for me with the old patch.

No... There were no battle window or ambush. My army stood betwen the mountainpass northwest of northern italy (the road to masilla)

And i got 1.3 patch with no mods installed

I wouldent care at first but when i recalled my troops back for retraining. They got attacked by a halfstack of gauls and every man was wiped out. So that bug or whatever it was was not welcome at all at that time. If it dident happen im sure i could beat a few gallic armys before heading back for resupplying

Was there any Diplomats near by? i know i've lost plenty of armies to weak rich factions(scipi mainly) like i'll have a full fledged army.. and within the next turn there completly gone.. but i dont think this relates to ur problem.. cuz then i think the whole army would be gone.. and when u hit the *next turn button* the Leaving the army usually only goes to the other factions.. it would really only mean you if it was still on your turn.. or if you had on the soldiers menue.. personally clicked on a certain unit group to move away from the others.. and in the event of you clicking next turn.. it moves automatically.. but i dont know.. i think im babbling now..

Another mystery happening to me and my copy of rtw

This is the situation and my army

BEFORE

1x arcani 32 men xp 1
    2x onagers 32 men xp 1(each)
    4x early cohort 81 men
    2x archer auxillia 81 men xp 1(each)
    1x samnite gladiators 40 men

Clicking next turn *BLONG*

AFTER

1x arcani 10 men xp 2
    2x onagers 12 men xp 1(each)
    4x early cohort 43 men
    2x archer auxillia 42 men xp 1
    1x samnite gladiators 12 men xp 1

No battle, no diplomats, i got plenty of money and a good steady income so they cant disband.

What is going on? Im afraid to raise another army now, what would happen if the army was in egypt and nowhere to resupply?... Disaster

I have once lost an entire army in Athens. It just disappeared after the end of turn. But half of it? Very strange....
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

bug report

Conan the Barbarian "All anyone will remember is that few stood against many!!!"

Most men complacently accept knowledge as truth. They are sheep ruled by fear

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Could have been a flood, earthquake, plague (maybe), or perhaps that "Horde" event that isn't supposed to occur due to the fact the triggers were impossible...

This is the place were my army stood while i was waiting for my turn

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=357204

there were no signs of floods,earthquake, no plague. I only got 2 citys so i have good control of everything that is going on in my region and the surrounding neighborhoods. And i saw nothing unusual that might affect my army.

The Alps can be ruthless and merciless, Peter. Ever been there? It can be terribly cold.
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

So does weather affects units?. I dident read to much on 1.3 patch, If so. I understand why they vanished.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Yes, I've heard of this problem before. What you have there is a dual personality. You switch into another personality, for a battle perhaps, then when you return to your normal self you don't remember anything of what has happened. Can be very annoying if your other personality is not a very good player.

shadowarmy75's Avatar Biarchus

Wow its 205 and the Romans are still in their original territories -1. I hope the Brutii, Scipii bug is fixed in 1.5

HE is the Julii. He actually has one extra territory, and lost his capitol.

HE is the Julii.
    I know, that is why I mentioned the bug.

Truth be told, the only conquests the Romans in that campaign have not done (relating to real life romans) is the conquests you expect of the julii. That is, Northern Spain and southern france. they had not yet taken macedon or greece, at all (were allied to a greek league, tho), and africa had only been invaded, not occupied by this point (in real history).
    The AI does kick in and start taking province eventually, so I hear. At least its behaving like the real world now and actually making a campaign hard.

Shouldn't it make it harder because if you are a roman faction, when the civil wars come around the only real enemies in your campaign has way less settlements than you. As non-roman, more or less the same deal.

By the looks of the situation, the civil war isn't gonna happen any time soon, since none of the romans factions are powerful yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter

What do you think?

Don't mean to double-post, but there is something of an answer, as i recall! What was your treasury at the time? If it was in the negative, it means you were in debt, and a by-product of being in debt is that your troops will desert!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast