Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 49748990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2111

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

milbea you need 25 posts to post pictures.

naaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! then i sayt without pics

go to M2TW, custom battle HRE. done??????/
    then go to SS custom battle HRE. see the difrecen

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I would expect there's a difference, SS has extra units after all.

but if i open M2TW there was a hole page units, SS 3 rows units

this is a suggest/idea.

i would love if SS team can make a new add..its Governor or some like that. with all good city trait. and they admin all city.
    so General and the royal family focus on war or walk around :-)
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

@milbea

After you choose custom battle, under the box where you choose the difficulty there is a box called period. Click it and choose early, high, or late. I think that is what you are looking for.

WarbornUK's Avatar Tiro

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but I think Byzantine cities need to be different to Southern European ones (the ones they are currently lumped in with) as they were generally different in aesthetic and architectural style and obviously because the Byzantines have unique buildings in-game (Public Baths, Highways, Scholae Barracks[though only in Constantinople] etc etc). Perhaps even a unique model for Constantinople? (This concept I understand could be extended to every major/pivotal city in game I know but still)

Considering they are such a popular faction, I think this suggestion has quite a lot of validity. Obviously I won't complain if you dismiss it (with valid reasoning) because it's your mod and you probably understand modding a lot better than I do. I just thought I would give my two cents as that's what the threads for :-).

Edit :Another suggestion I would make would be the ability to choose an heir, as well. Too many times I've ended up with a feckless drunken worm of an Emperor because of the auto-choices of the game when the current Emperor had perfectly legitimate children who were brilliant who could have taken the throne.
    Last edited by WarbornUK; November 02, 2012 at 12:30 PM.

Ducenarius

I currentl play an england campaing and i am at turn 157 and the point i this:I see that the growth of the settlements is toooooo big for the middle ages.In fact every faction have Huge cities and Citadels at 1300 which is very unrealistic.I also have noticed that the AI gets growth bonuses so i suggest removing tose bonuses.
    Another good sugestion is to decrease the population when you recruit as in rome total war and maybe add some building like Roma Surectum which allows the TOTAL CONTROL your settlements and their growth
    Thats all i have(for now )

@judeman266

thank you for the advice i really thank you.

for the team make exp. more inporent increase stats for 3 chif spearmen ore like that

Anthropoid's Avatar Tiro
    In the nether regions of the Puritan hinterlands

Stainless Steel 6.4 is very, very nice

Two parts of the game that I occasionally find mildly frustrating:

1. the time it takes for AI turns to resolve seems longish, even from the beginning. I'm kinda dreading how much it might slow down in late game. I did notice that one of the optional settings mentioned it would slow the game down, but pretty sure I did not flick that on. I'll double check this by starting up a new campaign next time I startup the game.

2. the zone of control effect blocking movement for non-military units (or a general all by himself) and really for that matter, for neutrals is frustrating. From a realism standpoint, there is no reason that a regiment of a neutral sovereign would obstruct movement for a diplomat, lone general, merchant, even a full regiment.

I honestly never played M2TW vanilla (other than the tutorial! ) so I don't know if this is carry over from vanilla dynamics, but I don't recall it being a major issue in RTW (well, the only version of RTW I really play: Roma Surrectum). Maybe I'm wrong on that and it is just a part of the engine itself?

FANTASTIC work of art!

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropoid View Post
    Stainless Steel 6.4 is very, very nice

Two parts of the game that I occasionally find mildly frustrating:

1. the time it takes for AI turns to resolve seems longish, even from the beginning. I'm kinda dreading how much it might slow down in late game. I did notice that one of the optional settings mentioned it would slow the game down, but pretty sure I did not flick that on. I'll double check this by starting up a new campaign next time I startup the game.

2. the zone of control effect blocking movement for non-military units (or a general all by himself) and really for that matter, for neutrals is frustrating. From a realism standpoint, there is no reason that a regiment of a neutral sovereign would obstruct movement for a diplomat, lone general, merchant, even a full regiment.

I honestly never played M2TW vanilla (other than the tutorial! ) so I don't know if this is carry over from vanilla dynamics, but I don't recall it being a major issue in RTW (well, the only version of RTW I really play: Roma Surrectum). Maybe I'm wrong on that and it is just a part of the engine itself?

FANTASTIC work of art!
    The ZOC aspect is not changable, the only thing you could possibly do is to edit the map to make blocking less likely, however that doesn't make any sense either.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

I have a suggestion:

I was trying out the Hyrule: Total War mod that was recently released for early testing and noticed that in the mod it is possible to charge at foot soldiers with mounted soldiers and slam through them while the foot soldiers are running in the same direction as the charge. This hasn't been possible in any other mod as far as I know, as in Vanilla a charge from behind on soldiers who are running away results in a sort of glitched "slowdown" of the charging horses in question and few if any of the soldiers are hurt usually. I am not sure exactly how this was accomplished, but I am wondering, would it be possible to implement this in SS? It would be a huge improvement for battles!
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm sure most of you all have seen this...but Bellum Crucis 6.2 is UNBELIEVABLE. I love what they have done with the early units, especially Eastern European Factions like Polish...It'd be a great leap forward compared to the awful early era stuff Poland and Lithuania has now...

Polish Units

France vs Venice

Poland vs HRE

Could you make the byzantine scoutoroi swordsmen throw javelins in 7.0?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Could you please change Byzantium's faction color to something less conflicting? Right now the selection of purple and dark red make their provinces almost impossible to see on the minimap
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Toxin12's Avatar Civis

If I could make a suggestion for 7.0 it would be that the Norway and Denmark be allowed to recruit the "húskarlar" units (in very small amounts) from the beginning, now I realize that this mite overpower the said factions a bit because of game balance issues, however I just don't like it when the first time I am able to recruit units of dark age fashion it is something like 1150. This is just my opinion and I am sure many will disagree but that is ok too. As well I would like to up the amount of movement points that ships have.

Thank you all sooo much for this mod and for your time reading this.

It would be nice (i think) if the professional and later mercenary crossbowmen could get stakes for their defence.
    I think that they are very vulnerable now.

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

How many factions are allowed in m2tw Kingdoms?

edit:
    My appologies, I haven't been on SS forum for a while and I read somewhere that there are 31 slots available in which 29 is being used by SS 6.3/6.4....Awesome!!

Anyways, It is difficult to choose factions to fill the remaining slots, but I would say that the one faction, or emergent one that should be included would be the Ottoman Turks. Since they have more of historical impact in Europe and the middle east. Another one would be Georgia, but that is just me. As I said, it is difficult to choose when there are so many kingdoms and city states that some 40 or 50 slots should be needed for this game.
    Last edited by LiquidSantanero; November 22, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Icon1 Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

suggestion:

I think you should be able to construct some or most buildings two at a time because it's really tough to recover once you sack and demolished all the buildings in a settlement to recuperate some of the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSantanero View Post
    Anyways, It is difficult to choose factions to fill the remaining slots, but I would say that the one faction, or emergent one that should be included would be the Ottoman Turks. Since they have more of historical impact in Europe and the middle east. Another one would be Georgia, but that is just me. As I said, it is difficult to choose when there are so many kingdoms and city states that some 40 or 50 slots should be needed for this game.
    It isn't actually that difficult. Emergent factions aren't a wise choice; there are lots of factions already in existence in 1100/1220 that can be represented without using up a slot that relies on the player hitting an event over 80 years in the Late Era, and 200 years in the Early, for that faction to show up. The Mongols are a unique example given the scale of their invasion and the devastation it caused in such a short period, and only for the Early Era (1220 and you're fast approaching them laying waste to Nishapur and Merv, the Khwarezmians, the Battle of the Kalka River, etc, so placing them on the map and shifting the start date a little is better than making them emergent).

Quote Originally Posted by stax216 View Post
    suggestion:

I think you should be able to construct some or most buildings two at a time because it's really tough to recover once you sack and demolished all the buildings in a settlement to recuperate some of the cost?
    Not possible with Medieval 2.
    Last edited by Kaidonni; November 24, 2012 at 06:07 AM.