Page 98 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4873888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2111

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

I dont think it would take that long, though i dont know two about modding so i can be wrong.
    Justice is a lie. There are only good and bad and netiher is just.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

It would be kinda time consuming, don't see the point though.

You should add Ireland and Wales too. To the campaign and maybe Crusader State of Antioch (think i spelled that right) the blue Crusaders.

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tonis12 View Post
    You should add Ireland and Wales too. To the campaign and maybe Crusader State of Antioch (think i spelled that right) the blue Crusaders.
    Why? Frankly I dont see point why there is Portugal and Scotland in game (Scots to be a counter balance for England, but totally irrelevant for importance and history purpose... While Portugal in early camp. only taking slot for some other faction, imho). What is needed for a game play is better redistribution of provinces (kinda like in HURB submod) and some other factions on other places then England island(s), like balkan faction and faction on middle east (again HUBR submod).

Anyway everything you asked you can find in Kingdoms grand campaign mod for MTW2 Kingdoms, search there.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

There is a hard cap of 31 faction in any campaign that includes all emergent factions (Mongols TO etc) and Rebels and Pope.

SS6.4 is at 29 faction. in terms of overall slot used.

One could try to get around this to some extend by eliminating the emergent factions to be mimiced by scripts to some extend. but even then you'd at best save 3 slots.

and even then, prospective should be kepted. in 1100 there were alot of factions running around that isn't really represented in the game. the Crusaders, while not totally united on a single front, still almost always stood together against foreign entity and were often recognized as a single entity by foreign powers. meanwhile, you have small factions like Ireland and Wales that presenetd a very weak singular front. espeically considering the relative purpotion of land and population. (Ireland at least were divided amonst 3+ faction in 1100 if we're being very generous, it was in reality much more than that. Dublin was actually mostly held by the Norse people in 1100.)

meanwhile, there were real kingdoms or soon to be kingdoms that aren't represented at all(Georgia / Serbia / Volga Bulgaria / Cilicia Armenia are all good example of this) or are not very well represented (the Turk situation is probably the most serious, since the Turks' ultra complex situation ultimately decided th entire region and beyond's situation through most of the medieval period. in 1100 the Turks could efffecitvely be split into something like 9 to 10 faction if we're serious . and even limiting it a bit would still give the result of something like at least 3-4 faction.

Meanwhile, the prospective of the Eastern half of the map is generally terrible. the middle east region was massively complex and the conflict that raged in this region through most of the period was generally higher in scope and scale. while half of the Catholic world saw little to no serious terrirotrial changes during this period. if we look at the map, only in Spain and France were there really significant changes in territory holdings. while the whole map changed hands several times over in the eastern side of the map.

If we want Wales, why not argue for say.. Kingdom of Galicia or Navarre (which were officially recongnized kingdoms no less)? or why not argue for each Italian city state being a faction? by that prospective we probably need 50 slots to be able to fill the need.

In short though, the prespective HURB is aiming for, focusing mostly on the immediate 1100 period is to massively increase the eastern side' faction . the general added factions would be

Rum (anatolia)
    Armenians (Cilicia)
    Georgia
    Abbasid (Baghdad)
    Volga Bulgaria (middle Volga )
    Serbia

I'm also debating a possible change of adding a Syrian faction, which is a stretch in 1100 but not a huge one.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

I didnt see a 7.0 suggestions thread so IM posting here instead. Maybe unique king heir and general and captain strat map models for each faction?

Chazz1225's Avatar Miles

another suggestion for 7.0 would be the reworking of our eastern european factions, the Lithuanians deserve more late period units such as units that show up during the rise of shot era for example, so far their regulars are their most latest units. The cumans unit roster is pretty appalling in terms of diversity and quantity, how is 18 units acceptable, i know they die out pretty soon, but it doesn't mean you can't implement some more russian units or even a few hungarian units, hussars etc. Also their is absolutely near 0 difference, between the Novgorods and the Kievans! Their Home/Palace guards are the same bloody thing except for a different skin for each, there definitely needs to be some difference between the two, particularly in the Late periods, one can focus on a more cavalry push and one on infantry as they are just too similar. Also the Teutonic Order needs a Late period full plated knight that can be used as both cavalry and infantry, something along the lines of the polish guard or gothic knights which during the mid 1400's was one of their retinues, due to them looking for capable knights to fight the Polish-Lithuanian Kingdom.

Finally can the Scot use the Scots Guard, seeing as they are from Scotland, just my opinion

someone please edit the white flower vegetation that's constantly repeated everywhere and makes battlefields look like Alice in Wonderland. i'm not averse to flowers but this asset in particular is repeated a lot and the flowers look unnatural since they are evenly spaced out in a straight line.
    Last edited by snuggans; September 23, 2012 at 11:00 AM.

I have a simple suggestion with a big benefit. I remmeber reading this feature in Byg's Grim Reality features, but now I can't find it. It is really a cool feature with and the AI is the one who is going to like it . I suggest that whenever the AI win a battle, his army retrain to its previous states. What I mean that if single unit loses 50 soldiers, those 50 soldiers come back after the battle only in case of winning the battle.

I hope you understood this.

Really nice mod!

Hello,

I have played your mod for years, and must say it is one of the greatest Total War mods, on par with DarthMod and Third Age.

Your simplistic subtlety is what makes this game more beautiful. Must I add that the choice between realism and arcade goodness MAKES this mod ?

All I ask is that you keep the good work, and listen to your fans.

Ad pax aeterna,
    Auran
    DarthMod Moderator
    "For what is a man, if he cannot change the world for better." - 11th Century Quote

I think that the Turks should be divided into two factions: The Rum Sultanate and The Great Seljuks. This would make the vast Eastern map areas more dynamic interesting and weaken the already godlikely powerful Byzantines.

7.0 suggestion.

can u add more troops in the bigger factions like: france england byzantines holy roman.

thank u

Chazz1225's Avatar Miles

I think France and England have more than enough troops milbea, factions that need more units should be the Cumans, the two russian factions, the TO, pretty much our Eastern European factions need a little help

wait i send here a foto vanilla and SS. and then decide for yourself

this are the pics

how the fock send i pics in this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    I think that the Turks should be divided into two factions: The Rum Sultanate and The Great Seljuks. This would make the vast Eastern map areas more dynamic interesting and weaken the already godlikely powerful Byzantines.
    Hello

I play SS 6.4 byg IV. moderate to very hard. The Byzantine Empire is unbalanced in the early era campaign. Any time I play, they destroy Hungary, Kievan Rus, Turks in the first 60-80 turns. Later, Crusader States, Kwharezm, even the mongols cannot do anything against them. They are unstoppable with powerful cities and neverending full stack armies, attacking on several fronts, waging war with 2-3 factions at the same time. Can, if any, modifications be made to weaken them? Otherwise I stay with the late era campaigns, it is boring to see them always dominate south and east europe plus the middle east.

Sorry, i'm new in this forum. I don't know were write this post (i'm italian, sorry for the bad english).
    I have a problem with stainless steel mod 6.4. I have a windows 7 computer but when i play, i don't hear the voices of characters. Where is the problem? i don't know how to solve it....
    Please help me!

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Valekarin View Post
    Sorry, i'm new in this forum. I don't know were write this post (i'm italian, sorry for the bad english).
    I have a problem with stainless steel mod 6.4. I have a windows 7 computer but when i play, i don't hear the voices of characters. Where is the problem? i don't know how to solve it....
    Please help me!
    When you play MTW2 or Kingdoms, do your characters speak Italian or English?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)