Page 60 of 106 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465666768697085 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2111

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

I've recently discovered that SS was updated to 6.3 (and 6.4 already for that matter ) and downloaded it; wanna thank all the people involved in the new patch of this wonderful mod!

However, after starting a campaign for my fellow ukrainians, namely the Kievan Rus, I've discovered the unit Chude Militia in their roster. While extremely useful tactically, they are historically incorrect.

Chud tribes were living on the territory of what is now Estonia, on the coast of the Baltic Sea.

They were actively employed by the rulers of the region, for example by Teutonic order in their conquests of the Baltic, and wielded exactly the equipment made by Rusichi team. BUT they couldn't have been in the armies of Kievan Rus, cause its territory was simply too far to the south to have any reasonable amounts of Chude Militia in the roster. Now Novgorod and Teutons are another thing entirely, ofc

So while they are tactically a great unit, I'd vote for removing them from Kiev's roster

Thanks for info

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens View Post
    Easier said than done bucko. And my post wasn't all that foolish, and my accusations weren't all that false, or they wouldn't have been answered. So next time, how about not posting when you have something stuck up your rectum. You won't make yourself look so foolish and clog up the forums with wild and false accusations. If you have a rebuttal or a legitimate remark, why don't you say that instead, rather than being rude, childish, condescending, and patronizing. If you have a problem with something that has been said or a problem with myself personally, why don't you simply send me a private message instead of splashing it out in a public forum like a child?

I love the red text by the way, is that you angry?
    Lol, you didn't even know to who your talking about. You just insult a moderator right there, see ya lad.

The Source's Avatar Senator

+rep caeser haha

Several Posts deleted, if one can't be civil then do us a favor and refrain from posting altogether.

I think it would be interesting if you could upgrade wooden forts into permanent stone forts, of course they would have to be be very expensive for balance, and maybe you could require a wooden fort to be in place for a certain number of turns beforehand

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Quote Originally Posted by Domenis Lupus View Post
    I think it would be interesting if you could upgrade wooden forts into permanent stone forts, of course they would have to be be very expensive for balance, and maybe you could require a wooden fort to be in place for a certain number of turns beforehand
    Hi there, welcome to the forum. That is indeed an interesting idea but I think it's not possible to build wooden forts, waiting several turns after it develops into PSF. But one thing we can do is adding pre-placed PSF. CHIP submod is doing that and it's at development stage.

Well, i don't know if its possible, but i was thinking about the way Crusades/Jihads are conducted..

For eg. when 6-7 Catholic factions have 1-2 stacks each, it seems a bit ridiculous to have them all attack ONE settlement.. One faction ends up capturing it, and the other armies just stand around or return home.. Wouldn't it be better if the remaining armies tried to attack more surrounding settlements than just the one the pope told them to?? If they capture 2-3 settlements it would be easier for them to defend them against Muslims as opposed to now, where someone captures the crusade target and then stands there waiting for annihilation..

I think it's historically accurate too but i am not sure, so please correct me if i am wrong or if it can't be done.. (or if you don't like it)

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

I don't know if this has been done allready. I didn't see it in the release thread and haven't played the game yet. But the thing I like the most about Point Blank's submod is the fact that he integrated a lot of units from other mods to make the rosters more complete. I am no big fan of his RR/RC though. In my opinion it slows the gameplay down too much. Plus PB is so busy with other things he hasn't updated his submod yet.
    I'l thinking about learning to add units from other mods myself. But I have absolutely no knowledge of modding MTW. And I'm afraid I will have troubles with unit stats balance. Adjusting simple stats like attack and defense is one thing, but from reading around the forums I understand that there are other factors that determine unit strength. Would it be hard to do this all myself?
    RJA
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

AFAIK, SS is at the unit limit, so unless you remove some units, you can't add anymore.

There are also several submods other than PB's that revise the roster.

Can some one plese help? I downloaded Stainless Steel 6.3 the mod but when i get to the menue for the grand campaing and try to start one after clicking on it a box comes on and saids to pick one of the following??? can only play historical battles and custom battles what do i do im new at this THANKS!
    Last edited by barbarosa; April 29, 2011 at 01:05 AM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by barbarosa View Post
    Can some one plese help? I downloaded Stainless Steel 6.3 the mod but when i get to the menue for the grand campaing and try to start one after clicking on it a box comes on and saids to pick one of the following??? can only play historical battles and custom battles what do i do im new at this THANKS!
    Post your problem in the Bug Reports subforum (as this is the suggestions thread for SS). Read the thread on how to make a bug report first so that you can provide all the needed information.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

in 6.3/6.4 when your troop recievs one experience he gets extara attack or defence and the next level it goes up when you get 4 experiences
    how about 1 attack/defence per 1 experience

In Kingdoms its hardcoded to be +1 attack per 3 experience.

kevindrosario's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Stainlesssteel View Post
    in 6.3/6.4 when your troop recievs one experience he gets extara attack or defence and the next level it goes up when you get 4 experiences
    Like how it is in Rome? I think that makes experience way too powerful. You end up having militia troops becoming more powerful than dismounted knights.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kevindrosario View Post
    Like how it is in Rome? I think that makes experience way too powerful. You end up having militia troops becoming more powerful than dismounted knights.
    Moot point as it's all hardcoded and can't be changed.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Can we remove all Highland pike units please.
    Scottish pikes were lowland units, and remove all traces of tartan from lowland units?

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Stainlesssteel View Post
    Are there units that get defense bonus from experience points ?

no

RaduAlexandru's Avatar Civis

Well here is an idea for SS - I don't know if it can be implemented but if it would work it would make a huge difference.

We always see large casualties for the defeated side in battles which isn't very accurate if the attackers didn't pursue the enemy after defeating them.

So I think all generals should be able to acquire a special trait allowing you to pursue the enemy after defeating them. I am speaking about the actual in battle pursue. If you would go into battle without a general with this trait or if the general dies before the battle ends then you would not be able to continue to battle to round up as many prisoners as you can and once all the enemy units are routed the battle would finish.

This trait should be very rare and should be acquired only by the best generals out there with some factions having it naturally [mongols mainly].

Once again I have no idea how this could be implemented but I suspect there might be a way to do it and it would make the whole game way way way more interesting.

"Aim towards the Enemy."
    -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher