Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2111

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

The Source's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

yeh by interactible i mean you have a choice, and that it has it sacrifices to benefit your faction, or if you decline it wont benefit

Liandro's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Aye, the best approach would probably be a new campaign starting in 1204.

general changes probably something like

Kingdom of Sicily -> Bulgarian Empire (Sicily was already inherited by Fredick II who would soon merge it with the HRE anyway.)

Byzantium Empire -> Empire of Nicaea

Crusader States -> Latin Empire (debatable, but it's not like the Crusaders had a whole lot left in the levant by then, and the Latin Emperor often held the title of King of Jerusalem anyway)

In terms of 1100 start, my personal feeling (especially in 2 turn per year settings ) is basically

Remove : Timurids
    Add : Abbasid Caliph, Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia, Kingdom of Georgia.

Possibly consider removing Teutonic Order for Kingdom of Serbia as well.

Removing TO is obivously more icky, but it adds to map balance significantly, add another playable faction, chances are Lithuania won't even be around by the time 1200s rolls around anyway, and even if they do manage to stay alive I have yet to see a game where they really dominanate .
    Novgorod gets destroyed before 1200 by Lithuania (every time I play) then proceeds to destroy the TO about 10 turns after they appear.

Less heretics in the next release. please.

Heretics early in a gampaign is cool, but when you got tons of huge cathedrals
    anda trillion bishops walking around it becomes a time sink of macro managing
    lol

Default Suggestion important

Hello,here KK knows you making to version 6.5(or 7.0)custom settelments of the biggest setlement(Paris,London,...)Want you know using IWTE(me too^^but I have not much time)and and it would make the mod even better (it would be the best mod TATW realistic and is already the best mod supernatural)

PS:I love KK,Yeoman,wilddog and makanayane :tunisia:

preachercheeze's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Suggestion important

KK isn't working on this project anymore AFAIK and also, I don't think there is anyone skilled enough in the team to do custom settlements... IMO custom settlements are a cool feature, but entirely unecessary... I prefer stability and variety instead...

Nessun Maggior Dolores che Ricordarsi del Tempo Felice Nella Miseri

I agree. They'll just result in a bigger download in exchange for something most people will never look at anyway. Improving the units should be a much higher priority.

Serbian Hussar's Avatar Semisalis

Yes, but when you improve units to the max like TATW has done, the logical thing is to improve other things, like setlements, to make the game even more realistic.

HellBojus's Avatar Foederatus

Suggest to do "Character Names Project" Lithuanian, Teutonic, England, France, ... do realistic names.
    Well If I know how, I would made it by myself

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by BarSteward View Post
    I must agree making SS 2 turns per year would make the game far to slow for me seeing as i like the later period. however i do think making a High campaign part of SS would be good (and not just a submod), i would play 2tpy on a high campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Its all about the gameplay mate, its fairly unrealistic but still fun.And I would strongly protest making 2TPY mandatory, that would kill SS for me.SS is slow enough already I don't want to double that.
    ok so i can see some people are not in favor of 2tpy. What if movement points were increased and production time decreased.

I still feel that it is absurd to have to take two years to build a bakehouse...even a basic barracks is stretching it....Churches and cathedrals on the other hand i understand of course.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    ok so i can see some people are not in favor of 2tpy. What if movement points were increased and production time decreased.

I still feel that it is absurd to have to take two years to build a bakehouse...even a basic barracks is stretching it....Churches and cathedrals on the other hand i understand of course.
    No, you don't understand.SS with RR and 2TPY is the most epicly boring thing in the ing universe, it takes hundreds of years to get non boring units and the game is usually over 100 turns in anyways so it's be redundant.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

The real thing why most people love 2TPY is the slower ageing for characters.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by St. Polycarpe View Post
    The real thing why most people love 2TPY is the slower ageing for characters.
    Ya well thats easily modded in to 1TPY.

Ya well thats easily modded in to 1TPY.
    True but still, some people don't know how to do. Better to bump my old submod thread about that

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

No, you don't understand.SS with RR and 2TPY is the most epicly boring thing in the ing universe, it takes hundreds of years to get non boring units and the game is usually over 100 turns in anyways so it's be redundant.
    yes i understand that part, im talking about contruction being FASTER, not slower. so now im suggesting sticking weith 1tpy, but reducing construction time on some buildings that are not economic or really really big like huge cathedrals. while the latter would take some serious time, and the former would take time to represent the realistic idea that their benefits are not felt automatically, but the other buildings like barracks, stables, churches, bakehouse, iconographers, schools, etc etc should not take any more than 2 turns at their most developed state. 4 turns to build a barracks is a bit strange, you can fight the entire American civil war before that simple building is completed.

so NO change in TPY, but YES reduce construction time on certain buildings.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian Hussar View Post
    Yes, but when you improve units to the max like TATW has done, the logical thing is to improve other things, like setlements, to make the game even more realistic.
    You are right. Custom settlements are something that makes difference and they become a necessity for you after some time. "İ cant stand to original medieval 2 campaign map anymore." Yes units need some attention but settlements and other things (like rp elements) shouldnt be left out too.
    Justice is a lie. There are only good and bad and netiher is just.

The Source's Avatar Senator

wait so are we talking about custom settlements on the strat map or battle map

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    wait so are we talking about custom settlements on the strat map or battle map
    Battle map.

Make all the units easier to rout. Combats are just way too long and bloody. I rarely loss less than 25%. A real-life army would retreat if they lost 1/4 of their forces...
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Good point, I agree. It's like the armies are made up of Chuck Norrises with balls of steel :p

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian Hussar View Post
    Good point, I agree. It's like the armies are made up of Chuck Norrises with balls of steel :p
    What was going through the minds of Chuck Norris' victims before they died? His shoe.