Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354555657585960616277102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2111

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by ihranator View Post
    If I recall this was planned for the SMM.
    Well i don't recall anything like that. That would be such a huge task (there are so many files to modify, and you would have to exactly know what and where!) that i doubt i ever said i'd do it.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I remember it being proposed a while back, but it was shot down(and rightly so as you pointed out)

I was perhaps wondering if incorporating a mod that adds animated bowstrings is possible.

Tis possible, up to gracul though.
    Last edited by Ferdiad; March 18, 2011 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosjack View Post
    I'm sure that the "vikings" (meaning Danes OR Norwegians) raided Ireland, but I don't think they ever settled there permanently, at least not for a noticeable amount of time.
    The Kingdom of Dublin and Jorvik lasted hundreds of years.

Quote Originally Posted by ATN View Post
    Um, Romans founded Eboracum which after the Saxon invasion was known as Eoforwic which the vikings called Jorvic.
    That city is actually much older than the Romans, but you are correct.

Here are some suggestions:

How about pretty villages with the resource on top (combining the fishing village cas with the resource cas) so there are lots of pretty little coal mining villages around. Just a graphical change. Would look nice.

How about increasing corruption away from the capital, and giving diplomats anti corruption ancillaries, making them government agents and more useful than for making occasional alliances and trade rights. It would make sense to recruit diplomats and plonk them in your outlying cities.

How about getting free 'partisan' units when you lose a city at your capital representing fleeing men willing to fight for their land back? A sort of reverse garrison script.
    That's you, drops of water and you're on top of the mountain of success. But one day you start sliding down the mountain and you think wait a minute; I'm a mountain top water drop. I don't belong in this valley, this river, this low dark ocean with all these drops of water. Then one day it gets hot and you slowly evaporate into air, way up, higher than any mountain top, all the way to the heavens.

As a rule the less scripts the better, lots of SS players complain about turn times as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by squatlover View Post
    How about increasing corruption away from the capital, and giving diplomats anti corruption ancillaries, making them government agents and more useful than for making occasional alliances and trade rights. It would make sense to recruit diplomats and plonk them in your outlying cities.
    YES! i would love a corruption reducing agent.

A thought about settlements though. I think a more realistic way of upgrading settlements would be to MASSIVELY increase the amount of money they cost but reducing the population requirement. I really don't think people made huge fortification because they had a few extra people. At the moment if you have a fairly good economy you can pay for the upgrade the turn you settlement become able to upgrade. this way you would have to save up quite a lot of money to upgrade it. meaning its more a tactical choice to militarize instead of building civic and economic buildings.

To balance the population side you could restrict some Civic buildings to population levels. and Military buildings to events like the gunpowder event etc.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Never thought of this until now, but is it possible to change the city/castle upgrade to that of RTW? Meaning you have to build a more advanced government building rather than walls to upgrade your city.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Nosjack View Post
    Never thought of this until now, but is it possible to change the city/castle upgrade to that of RTW? Meaning you have to build a more advanced government building rather than walls to upgrade your city.
    might be possible (and logical), will need to test it out though. and it's a somewhat tedious work as you'll also need to redo the entire descr_strat if it works.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

I would like a change in cavalry stats so that light cav don't almost wipe out heavy cav like feudal knights

Quote Originally Posted by BarSteward View Post
    I would like a change in cavalry stats so that light cav don't almost wipe out heavy cav like feudal knights
    LC don't wipe out HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    LC don't wipe out HC.
    i beg to differ

i beg to differ
    Well they don't.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Depends on the battle difficulty, armor upgrades, unit types, etc.

But the AI does get some bonuses even on medium.

Well they don't.
    I play on very hard difficulty and like Nosjack says the AI get bonuses. So like a said above iv seen LC (the norse ones, cant remember there name) kill almost an entire unit of Kings Men with 3 experience. I know kings men aren't great cavalry but they should deal with the Norse guys with out much problem, but they don't, so i beg to differ maybe you have a different experience...

I play on very hard difficulty and like Nosjack says the AI get bonuses. So like a said above iv seen LC (the norse ones, cant remember there name) kill almost an entire unit of Kings Men with 3 experience. I know kings men aren't great cavalry but they should deal with the Norse guys with out much problem, but they don't, so i beg to differ maybe you have a different experience...
    You can't discuss unit balance when playing on VH, that makes no sense.Come back witj your complaint when playing on H or M.

Hi there,
    I got a small but sensible suggestion: with the crusader orders being recruitable in only specific places, is is possible to add teutonics to be buildable in Acre?
    It was their first HQ and it would let the HRE to become more established in holy land.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

A suggestion on the Scottish Knights, it would be great if you could change the colours of most of their surcoats so they match Scotland's coat of arms. Bit like Robert Bruce in this picture:
    http://www.thesonsofscotland.co.uk/P...heBruceCLR.jpg
    Would be fantastic if that was possible, not that the current models aren't good enough though, they are amazing

You can't discuss unit balance when playing on VH, that makes no sense.Come back witj your complaint when playing on H or M.
    Why?