Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Tiro

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith View Post
    And another suggestion... what do you think about changing the script so that if you have less generals/governors/family members than the total number of settlements, to have an adoption suggestion. As I've noticed, the suggestion does not appear if you receive a marriage suggestion, but it's still ok. It's nice to know you can put governors in all your settlements.
    please, have mercy on me. I hate adopting. It makes the family tree a mess. In my ongoing campaign i had to adopt a lot and it sucks, cause I have to regularly kill adopted usurper-heirs ;/

Recruiting of Generals please, come back!

@Ziame
    Why don't you add them yourself? it takes like 2 minutes to do that.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    @Ziame
    Why don't you add them yourself? it takes like 2 minutes to do that.
    Cause I'm lazy and I wouldn't know how to do it anyway

Mewonders why were they taken out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziame View Post
    Cause I'm lazy and I wouldn't know how to do it anyway

Mewonders why were they taken out?
    Well nobody is gonna do it for you buddy or you have to wait for some sub-mod that has this feature.
    If interested to do it yourself u can read this.

Does anyone know who made the 1370AD and 1450AD sub mods for SS6.x? Are there any versions for SS6.3? Cos I think it would be a great idea to port them - I would try and do it myself if I could find the old mods and if anyone is willing to provide some advice / guidance...

Best thing I can recommend is to use SS 6.1 with latest Point Blank RR-RC. In fact if your computer is good, I dont see any reason to play SS 6.3
    At end probably the SS will look like a combination of Graculand Point Blank work. Why to put moders to struggle to add the 1370 and 1450 campaigns when you already have them?

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

Say I was thinking:

I was looking at this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutoni...nal_leadership and I was wondering if you could change it so that when a Teutonic Order general gets a Lord of Settlement ancillary that the "Duke" part of the title could be changed to "Landmeister"

So, instead of Duke of Alexandria it would be Landmeister of Alexandria and so on and so forth?

Not too important just wondering

That is possible but would require 199 TO specific ancillaries, triggers and reworked original ones afaik. Therefore it might be better to limit it to the regions originally held by them in history (everything mentioned between Universal leadership and Local leadership and not go full scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogolometro View Post
    Best thing I can recommend is to use SS 6.1 with latest Point Blank RR-RC. In fact if your computer is good, I dont see any reason to play SS 6.3
    At end probably the SS will look like a combination of Graculand Point Blank work. Why to put moders to struggle to add the 1370 and 1450 campaigns when you already have them?
    No disk space to install 6.1 and RR/RC as well. And the Late Era Campaign works better in SS6.3 - units are always missing from the roster on the first turn in RR/RC. Also, IIRC the latest RR/RC mod features house rules by default - I prefer to have the choice of rules, AI etc that you get in 6.3

I was also hoping to maybe update the 1370 campaign a bit cos it's currently not very historically accurate in some regions (Kwarezm still there, Ottomans too powerful, Mongols too small, Kievan Rus still separate). Ideally, I was thinking of making a more balanced and accurate mod, possibly a 1360 mod when the Ottomans were still very small, and simulating the collapse of the Mongol Empire.
    Last edited by Swarbs; October 12, 2010 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Does anyone know who made the 1370AD and 1450AD sub mods for SS6.x?
    1370 is the work of Point Blank afaik (at a minimum he should know the original author) and/or JaM
    source:
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Planned for future:
    -1370 historically accurate campaign, with new factions and units
    -Magyar mod
    -add in some BC units for Muslim factions

At the moment I'm updating RR/RC for TATW 1.4 though.
    and 1450 is by JaM
    source: Changelog/featurelog of RR/RC submod compilation.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Internally consistent settlement naming:
    In the Late campaign, Palanga is referred to as Konigsberg (and not only for display)
    Corinth is referred to as Mystras.

This breaks some ancillary scripts, and makes it impossible to have just one version of BGR, and any other sub-mods that utilizes settlements.

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

In late campaign, there is no Palanga, as there is no Palanga city.
    Late campaign is late campaign, early is early.
    Condition SettlementName Palanga is true for palanga region, add a near copy/paste and do SettlementName Konigsberg and all is fine.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    In late campaign, there is no Palanga, as there is no Palanga city.
    Late campaign is late campaign, early is early.
    Condition SettlementName Palanga is true for palanga region, add a near copy/paste and do SettlementName Konigsberg and all is fine.
    It's fine that it's called Konigsberg in-game.
    Making it Palanga in the files (I.E., Palanga everywhere, other than {Palanga}Konigsberg) however, would make modding much easier.

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Awesome mod!

Many suggestion, and things to do, many looks very good, I'll try not to mention something that is already out there (traveling on rivers, un-mount knights
    in battle... for example, those two are excellent suggestions imo):

Most important (imo) is nerf/boost on stats and fix for units, complete unit pool need this :/ I still haven't tested all fractions in all ages early-high-late, (there is that stupid thing called RL that doesn't leave me enough time for game!) but some units are OP, some are crappy (not looking to balance all fractions, it is useless cos some kingdoms was stronger, some weaker).... it will be too much, and very long post if I mention all, so if unless someone ask me to point all that, I wont bug you all here. On basic, most powerful units can be more expensive, could need more time to build, and could be recruitable only in few settlements/castles (historically accurate of course). Also maybe you can talk with BC crew and use their unit pool for eastern fractions...

Totally agree with kicking out some useless units, no point to have many variations of same unit.
    Add armor bonus and damage bonus for units trained in some historically famous places for this things.
    More rebels patrolling on lands perhaps? On some famous places for that (eastern side of Byzantium empire, holy lands,south of France, north-west of Iberian peninsula, etc etc)

Other things like banners, different texture and so on, are really not so important atm (imo), balancing units and make them more historic way, with correct stats bonuses,skills, cost, time to build etc is "must" imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihajlo View Post
    Awesome mod!

Many suggestion, and things to do, many looks very good, I'll try not to mention something that is already out there (traveling on rivers, un-mount knights
    in battle... for example, those two are excellent suggestions imo):

Most important (imo) is nerf/boost on stats and fix for units, complete unit pool need this :/ I still haven't tested all fractions in all ages early-high-late, (there is that stupid thing called RL that doesn't leave me enough time for game!) but some units are OP, some are crappy (not looking to balance all fractions, it is useless cos some kingdoms was stronger, some weaker).... it will be too much, and very long post if I mention all, so if unless someone ask me to point all that, I wont bug you all here. On basic, most powerful units can be more expensive, could need more time to build, and could be recruitable only in few settlements/castles (historically accurate of course). Also maybe you can talk with BC crew and use their unit pool for eastern fractions...

Totally agree with kicking out some useless units, no point to have many variations of same unit.
    Add armor bonus and damage bonus for units trained in some historically famous places for this things.
    More rebels patrolling on lands perhaps? On some famous places for that (eastern side of Byzantium empire, holy lands,south of France, north-west of Iberian peninsula, etc etc)

Other things like banners, different texture and so on, are really not so important atm (imo), balancing units and make them more historic way, with correct stats bonuses,skills, cost, time to build etc is "must" imo.
    I always thought, Mihajlo, that it was impossible to mount and dismount knights during the battle, is there realy a working mod where that has been made possible? Otherwise it would be a very cool thing to add in SS

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

@Mathieu Of Belgium, sadly nope I havent seen such mod there, and thus I think it is impossible, but that was just a suggestion, if they can make it that is.

-btw Scots guard should be infantry with muskets, not some heavy armored bowman's...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garde_%C3%89cossaise

-something is very wrong here, where people get idea that saracens and others (islamic fractions) had such powerful, heavy armored, charge devastating cavalry? Historically very inaugurate.... also someone asked here if Byzantium had such heavy cavalry early period, yes, they did, tho it was with less charge power then western feudal knights, less armor vs swords,maces and heavy lances, with more armor vs light spears and arrows then western heavy cavalry...Very soon outdated by knights...
    Last edited by Mihajlo; October 13, 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihajlo View Post
    @Mathieu Of Belgium, sadly nope I havent seen such mod there, and thus I think it is impossible, but that was just a suggestion, if they can make it that is.

-btw Scots guard should be infantry with muskets, not some heavy armored bowman's...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garde_%C3%89cossaise

-something is very wrong here, where people get idea that saracens and others (islamic fractions) had such powerful, heavy armored, charge devastating cavalry? Historically very inaugurate.... also someone asked here if Byzantium had such heavy cavalry early period, yes, they did, tho it was with less charge power then western feudal knights, less armor vs swords,maces and heavy lances, with more armor vs light spears and arrows then western heavy cavalry...Very soon outdated by knights...
    Yes I always readed that the early western crusaders could just overrun the saracen armies with their knights, what implied that the western cavalry was much stronger and better and heavier equiped than their islamitic counter part.

It is however logic that the turks would take over the aspect of heavy cavalry during and after their fights with the east roman empire (byzantium) and the Infidels, I just love the name they gave to us all (to the franks= europeans). This is the same for Egypt
    Last edited by Mathieu Of Belgium; October 13, 2010 at 05:09 PM.

I'm curios, why can't the Crusader States recruit Crusader Sergeants, Crusader Knights, etc.? They sound very "Crusader".
    Also, I've taken a look on custom battle with the Crusader States and I've seen "French Foot Archers" - I know that there were Frenchmen in the crusading army, but... I think it would have sounded better "Crusader Archers" or "Crusader Foot Archers". You know, as it is, it's like playing with Hungary and recruiting "French Feudal Knights".

I'm curios, why can't the Crusader States recruit Crusader Sergeants, Crusader Knights, etc.? They sound very "Crusader".
    Also, I've taken a look on custom battle with the Crusader States and I've seen "French Foot Archers" - I know that there were Frenchmen in the crusading army, but... I think it would have sounded better "Crusader Archers" or "Crusader Foot Archers". You know, as it is, it's like playing with Hungary and recruiting "French Feudal Knights".
    I don't think that would be a good idea:
    The crusader states get alot of their troops from the European continent, although so it seems in Kingdom of Heaven (I know this isn't a very good reference), so why wouldn't we keep the reference to their native country in their name?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    Yes I always readed that the early western crusaders could just overrun the saracen armies with their knights, what implied that the western cavalry was much stronger and better and heavier equiped than their islamitic counter part.

It is however logic that the turks would take over the aspect of heavy cavalry during and after their fights with the east roman empire (byzantium) and the Infidels, I just love the name they gave to us all (to the franks= europeans). This is the same for Egypt
    That's pretty much what happened in real life - the first crusade was such a success because the Arabs and Ghulams had no answer to the western knights, particularly the Frankish and Norman knights. In latter years the rise of the Mameluks meant the Muslims had better cavalry to take on the Crusaders. That's why it was the Mameluks from Egypt who eventually reclaimed Jerusalem and right the way up to Antioch.

The Crusader States weren't actually manned by the Crusaders. Most of the Crusaders simply came from Europe, conquered the Holy Land, and then went home along with the king or lord that they followed, and whatever treasure they managed to loot. Only the Franks stayed to rule the Holy Land, hence the native troops of the Crusader States are mainly French (with some sailors and holy orders such as the Templars).