Page 36 of 106 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445466186 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

portraits. in the world map. for generals.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Well the Mongols currently look middle-eastern rather than asian. But a submod is being worked on to remedy that.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

And perhaps something to make the cumans look like the turks. they currently look european.

And can we have that princess coming of age warnings back? and heretics are so overpowered. They need nerf.
    Justice is a lie. There are only good and bad and netiher is just.

Most people wanted the princess messages removed to help speed up turn times.

Thank you to the modders for creating an enjoyable, realistic historical gaming experience
    I have a few suggestions that I feel are extremely important to this period, pardon me if these suggestions are not possible due to technical issues of which I know very little about, my suggestions regardless are as follow:
    1) THE INCREASE IMPORTANCE AND COMPLEXITY OF DIPLOMACY. Diplomatic relations should be more influential than simply getting trade rights and other simple agreements and then forgetting about factions in regards to strictly diplomacy. Diplomacy, should be much more prevalent in this game, as it was historically during this era, in order to give the playing a sense of belonging to Christendom (or the Muslim community) or simple the world map which is extremely lacking in my opinion. For example:
    a) Marrying princesses to other factions heirs should allow both factions involved to then have a certain degree of influence in either's political/militaristic affairs (the notion of families ties established by such arrangements)
    b) When a CPU faction offers you assistance against another faction not much every really happens, these pacts between factions should be much more influential, as a basic start, these CPU factions that are 'assisting' you should at least blockade enemy ports near your own faction/send units when a major battle is about to take place (ESPECIALLY WHEN THOSE UNITS ARE NEARBY ANYWAYS). Overall, alliances (and other diplomatic aspects) should be much more influential to your game play, allies should truthfully assist you against a mutual enemy faction, while maintaining the ability for allies to backstab you. Diplomacy should, if possible, be much more complex and deeply routed than it is now (especially since you still have the same diplomatic options as you first did in Rome: Total War)
    c) Also, vassal states should be more frequent, giving the right circumstances. For example, I can't count the number of times I have invaded factions to the degree that they had only a few settlements left and no standing army in my way; where upon, i demanded they become my vassal and they refused, causing me to simple destroy them. It is, in my opinion, much more enjoyable to allow them to 'live' (therefore, allow them to regain their power overtime and thus become a problem later on down the line) at times.
    Overall, it would be great, if possible, to make diplomacy more customizable and influential to your factions and those around you.
    2) THE NATURE OF THE FEUDAL SYSTEM SHOULD BE MUCH MORE PRESSING. For example: Having a noble court/council would be great, instead of mainly having only family members, I don't believe that nobles were limited to one family tree, plus: being able to 'Knight' (possible idea) / or simply adopt characters should be much more frequent
    a) Which would provide the possibility for CIVIL WARS to occur if these nobles were not 'appeased', through the completion/failure to complete missions presented by your 'council' already present in the game, for instance
    Other smaller ideas include:
    1) The king of your faction should stop saying "What can I do for you my LORD" or what ever other saying may degrade his royal nature; when you click his character it should say something more befitting to his nature (even an arrogant comment would be sufficient, at the least)
    2) The ability to customize character names (mainly generals) would be awesome
    3) Generals should be captured in battle, when possible (in gaming terms, I soppose this should randomly be selected for at random intervals), instead of always dying. Since after wards they can be ransomed off to benefit both the victor and the losing factions
    4) Princess notifications should be back up
    5) Rebel settlements should be more specific to their regions, rather than general association with a global 'rebel' faction? And rebels should have at least general/basic options when engaged in diplomacy (instead of only the 'bribe' option). That way the player could engage in diplomatic affairs with nearby ('isolated'/individual) rebel settlements
    ALL IN ALL, DIPLOMACY SHOULD DEFINITELY BE MORE INFLUENTIAL AND COMPLEX THAN CURRENT DIPLOMATIC 'RELATIONS' (I almost always have to play a hotseat campaign game with a friend to have a true gaming experience, with real alliances). Also, the creation of a noble council/court (composed of numerous noble family trees at your disposal) would be great and would also create the possibility of CIVIL WAR arising within the numerous feudal states in this game. Thanks a lot for listening! Hope to see some complex diplomacy in the near future with this game.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Most of that is impossible

I am totally for new factions being created. But the most important thing in my opinion is to take care for a good balance between forces, so that replayability would be more desirable. When I play DLV + BB, I am never sure about what is going to happen. Some factions will do well in one campaign and then will go really awful in the next one.

Another great idea was a script created by Taiji (BB mod for DLV) that would grant allies with “very good” relations (or better) to become “trusted allies”. This would allow you to automatically extend the line of sight to all of your trusted allies’ settlements (the reverse is also true), making it easier this way for you to help your allies, and hopefully being helped by them.

Something else that I know is very difficult to make (if not impossible), but that I would love to see, would be finding a way to “force” your allies to send troops nearby areas of conflict ,so that they would come and aid you in battles more often. And also “forcing” them to move some troops and attacking the enemy once you pay them to do so. I have many times paid factions to attack someone, but they will usually keep the money and do nothing. If they have a boat, then they will sometimes blockade ports, and that is it.
    Last edited by AlexCouceiro; January 31, 2011 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Most people wanted the princess messages removed to help speed up turn times.
    But they were helpfull and i love the effort and art put in that pieces. İn SS 6.3 long turn times didnt bothered me because when i alt tab the game the game continued so i waited for turn times watching anime and other things. İt was fine for me. İn SS 6.4 that is gone too. And can modders bring back the landshknecht pikemen back as holy roman empire troop. Maybe into officers academy or i dont know..... İ really love those units.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Lordberk View Post
    But they were helpfull and i love the effort and art put in that pieces. İn SS 6.3 long turn times didnt bothered me because when i alt tab the game the game continued so i waited for turn times watching anime and other things. İt was fine for me. İn SS 6.4 that is gone too. And can modders bring back the landshknecht pikemen back as holy roman empire troop. Maybe into officers academy or i dont know..... İ really love those units.
    not it's not, your settings got messed up somehow. make sure default.cfg has these lines:

windowed=true
    borderless_window=true
    autoBorderlessMode=true
    and make sure your game resolution is the same as your desktop resolution

Also, those pikemen are mercenaries available after 1420

One more suggestion: Because AI usually defend badly, it would be a good idea to create a script for AI´s main regions, adding some garrison before siege battles take place.

Thank you newt. and you too Alex for the advice. İ will check those. BTW i suppose SS team still continuing on their mods. İ wonder just what is left for them to include in their mod?
    Last edited by Lordberk; February 01, 2011 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordberk View Post
    Thank you newt. and you too Alex for the advice. İ will check those. BTW i suppose SS team still continuing on their mods. İ wonder just what is left for them to include in their mod?
    Flying monkey armies...

Yes there is some things still being worked on. The texture optimisation project for one.

Domesticus
    Artifex

I'd love to get such unit formation system like BC has to SS. (Btw, BC is a great, great mod - maybe the most entertaining mod out for M2TW, I like its exoticism)

There are quite much bigger gaps between soldiers, which reduces the size of the battles but makes them a lot more enjoyable! Additionally it makes you better sense the chaos of battle.

New buildings wouldn't be too bad neither (I know there are new buildings from SS 6.1 which I have played last but I'd love the complexity of the building roster).

~Goofy
    Last edited by Goofy; February 01, 2011 at 07:49 AM.

The spacing that SS units use is part of the RC system of stats so they are set specifically to help balance units

Sorry to bother you again guys…

One last thing: Some permanent forts throughout the map allowing a couple of any free upkeep units while garrisoned would also be awesome!

The Rozmod has permanent forts. Check it out in the submods forum.

the cumans are very weak, my opinion. if you play with a faction like poland or hungary or the roman empire, you have absolutely no need to worry about them. I don't think it was like that, historically. they have a very poor economy and the units cost money. they can't gather a force to strike the roman empire or hungary, for instance... as far as I've noticed. And if I play with the cumans, it's pretty hard in the first 5 rounds not to get to bankruptcy, while you need at least 10 turns to conquer some settlements in order to get to a steady economy (knowing that you recruit units, because you want to conquer something).

Besides of the fact that I'd like to be able to invade from the beginning europe (hungary, balkans, whatever) or middle-east. Now the only option is to conquer all the settlements from the north and east (which is boring), then you can have the strength to conquer Kievan Rus, Novgorod, Lithuania and then you can think about other regions... which is not nice.

Can anything be done for the cumans to be some kind of threat to Europe?

Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Clivus ;-p
    The spacing that SS units use is part of the RC system of stats so they are set specifically to help balance units
    Ah, okay, never realized it.

Maybe I could create such submod...
    I just don't know will I be able to take such a project, I don't have enough determination for it I guess.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

A suggestion going foward:

Seperate Mongols / Cumans and maybe Timurids into a "Asiatic" Culture would really make sense. right now we're only at 5 culture anyway by my count (NE / SE / EE / G / ME ) so there's room for one more, and this would obviously be the most logical one.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....