Page 34 of 106 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243445984 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Can you replace the cower in a big circle like penguins ability for spearmen (cant remember the name of it and i wouldn't be able to spell it if i did) and give them the shield wall ability, from what i have found the shield wall if far more effective then any other formation vs cav and isn't it traditionally what they did (excluding the Scottish)

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Well technically shield wall wasn't that widely practiced in the medieval period either. It belonged more to the Anglo-Saxon and viking age.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

It's Sheltron or Schiltrom not penguins ability & lol have to say i like it.
    From my own experience shield wall is useless against cavalry charges good versus infantry though so i don't think it's a good idea to do it.

Campidoctor

Could you please, please do a Danube border? The only thing that must be done is to include a minimal part of Tarnovo to Sofia.

By the way, what about the Armenian banner?

Ah fair enough, in that case how come viking raiders in shield-wall formation managed to do extremely well against my Feudal knights? also to make this a valid post ill suggest putting large walls like the ones around Minas Tirith in the 3rd age mod around Constantinople to represent its huge walls?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by BarSteward View Post
    Ah fair enough, in that case how come viking raiders in shield-wall formation managed to do extremely well against my Feudal knights?
    Because they have AP

Quote Originally Posted by BarSteward View Post
    also to make this a valid post ill suggest putting large walls like the ones around Minas Tirith in the 3rd age mod around Constantinople to represent its huge walls?
    Well, it would be nice to see custom settlements in SS too, but I think KK is very busy with those in TATW
    Maybe there is volunteers who are ready to learn and make ones

give Muire as mercenary unit in Ireland

I didn't mean an entirely custom settlement just the walls that are about 2-5 tiles away from the main settlement in the 3rd age. put something similar to the west of Constant. from the medieval maps and pics i have seen it had huge walls to the east that were slightly away from the main city.

what about some submod or siderelease with more europe-centric campaign map? I personally think there is too much eastern teritories / units / factions.
    Something like original map span
    http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...iag/map_russia
    so Ireland could be back, maybe new italian faction (Pisa or Florence or something) and few additional regions where needed.

i hope you understand this idea through my bad english

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Santeri View Post
    Maybe there is volunteers who are ready to learn and make ones
    The TGC team will be doing a custom Constantinople.

Quote Originally Posted by Gortan View Post
    what about some submod or siderelease with more europe-centric campaign map? I personally think there is too much eastern teritories / units / factions.
    Something like original map span
    http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...iag/map_russia
    so Ireland could be back, maybe new italian faction (Pisa or Florence or something) and few additional regions where needed.
    Personally I think the game is already too euro-centric.

For a wile i have really wanted like a mini campaign concentrated around northern Italy and all the individual city states and there relations etc. i don't know a massive amount about this however i will most certainly look into it soon. Would this be worth the time and effort? would it be historically accurate to have wars between say Venice and Florence or did the Italian city states generally have good relations?

RR/RC includes an Italian City States campaign that might be worth checking out. Not sure if it was completed though.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Any suggestions as too how to reduce turn time? I play without BGR and back with 6.3+fixes it took about half as long to go through a turn cycle as it does now.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Personally I think the game is already too euro-centric.
    All too true

More Spearmen Sync Kills
    Early of any campaign, most of the foot soldiers are spearmen.
    Unfortunately, they only have one type of sync kill and they really need more finishing moves.

In SS 6.4, the SS modding team included Warman222's new death animations(which I personally did not know modding the death animations is possible since I never came across any except for Niko's death animation) and this gave me hope that better death animations can be added into the game!!!

So, I hope the modding team can make their own or simply request help from other modders to create more death animations!
    Of course, try to add more for the other units too!

--yea, i know its going to be a tough job but it will be very exciting to watch more of these great sync kills

Happy modding! , lolz

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Colonists View Post
    More Spearmen Sync Kills
    Early of any campaign, most of the foot soldiers are spearmen.
    Unfortunately, they only have one type of sync kill and they really need more finishing moves.

In SS 6.4, the SS modding team included Warman222's new death animations(which I personally did not know modding the death animations is possible since I never came across any except for Niko's death animation) and this gave me hope that better death animations can be added into the game!!!

So, I hope the modding team can make their own or simply request help from other modders to create more death animations!
    Of course, try to add more for the other units too!

--yea, i know its going to be a tough job but it will be very exciting to watch more of these great sync kills

Happy modding! , lolz
    Warman222's animations were already in the game, he just unlocked them.
    I'm not part of the "modding pros" but I'm not sure if it's possible to put in death animations. Feel free to prove me wrong.

6.4 Suggestion: Remove new guild point system

I'm really having trouble coping with the new guild point system, as already stated in another thread.
    Master guilds are too easy to obtain imo and the spillover points create a "spraying"-effect of every guild being offered in every city as soon as it is large enough.

I'm ok with the changes in certain guilds (teutonic order etc.) but i strongly suggest toning down the points awarded.

Pretty please

Pretty sure the point system is a little bugged at the moment.

Rayne_Delancey's Avatar Libertus

Knights of St.John anyone?
    Last edited by Rayne_Delancey; January 29, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
    To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable. - Oscar Wilde