Page 33 of 106 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142435883 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Whether they are admin or military minded is up to chance.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Your right, your general will randomly have military or administrative minded trait.

I would like to see a new campaign terrain textures. The current vanilla texture looks in my opinion ugly.

TwinBird's Avatar Civis

Romans able to build race tacks, or should I say hippodromes.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore DarthD View Post
    Romans able to build race tacks, or should I say hippodromes.
    By this time period (not to mention long before), racing as a sport had fallen out of fashion amongst the Romans, and no new hippodromes were built. Those in existence were repurposed for other uses.

What the Romans should be allowed to build are hospitals; seems like 6.4 is using a straight-out-of-the-box version of CBUR rather than the more up to date pastiche that was included in the last few RR/RC builds

Hey guys. First i want to say nice job on stainless steel, i enjoy playing it for about a month now and its awesome. Thats been said i want to suggest something.
    Szenario: The players empire evolved to a strong nation determined to dominate europes political landscape in the future. Its forces match eastern riders, spanish pride and norse fierce alike. Neaby nations fear the wrath of its cruel merciless leader and his ruthless soldiers.
    Now what will happen to an ambassador making your kingdom a "become vassal" proposal. Well there is a chance his head would be sent back to his court as a warning not to fool your nation again.
    Ok enough of this, here is the suggestion:
    Whenever another ambassador starts political contact with a character of your nation (generals only, diplomats would not dare to commit such an act), you'll have the option: Kill diplomat.
    Effects:
    1. The Diplomat will be removed from the map.
    2. Your relationship to the diplomat's nation will be set to very poor
    3. Your nations are in war now
    4. Your Nations reputation in general will suffer a lot
    5. As Catholic the relations to the Pope will suffer as well
    6. Your leader/the character who committed the murder will get a "killed a diplomat" treat, thus +4 dread +3 Authority -2 polpularity
    Ok thats for diplomats, now to princesses:
    If the political contact is initiated by a pricess, you'll have the option: take captive
    1-5 remains the same
    6. Your leader will get the "Imprisoned a princess" treat: +2 dread +2 Authority -4 popularity

What do you think? Dont know if its hard to implement but hey its just a suggestion
    Apologies for my english

lol its just bad luck that most of my generals are militarily minded then. what about being able to buy agents thought the mercenary tab? im sure it was quite common for a campaigning general to pay off locals etc to do some spying work or just give information on the area.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

I don't think it's possible. If it is I've never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by BarSteward View Post
    what about being able to buy agents thought the mercenary tab?
    Possible but not worth it.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BarSteward View Post
    what about being able to buy agents thought the mercenary tab?
    Doubt that's able to be done. The mercenary file relies on the EDU for it's units. Agents aren't in the EDU.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Jaghatai View Post
    Ok enough of this, here is the suggestion:
    Whenever another ambassador starts political contact with a character of your nation (generals only, diplomats would not dare to commit such an act), you'll have the option: Kill diplomat.
    Effects:
    1. The Diplomat will be removed from the map.
    2. Your relationship to the diplomat's nation will be set to very poor
    3. Your nations are in war now
    4. Your Nations reputation in general will suffer a lot
    5. As Catholic the relations to the Pope will suffer as well
    6. Your leader/the character who committed the murder will get a "killed a diplomat" treat, thus +4 dread +3 Authority -2 polpularity
    Ok thats for diplomats, now to princesses:
    If the political contact is initiated by a pricess, you'll have the option: take captive
    1-5 remains the same
    6. Your leader will get the "Imprisoned a princess" treat: +2 dread +2 Authority -4 popularity

What do you think? Dont know if its hard to implement but hey its just a suggestion
    Apologies for my english
    I actually really like this idea
    But what do the more senior M2TW modders think about this? Is it possible? From what I've seen from KK in his "Fellowship of the Ring" mod, I'm pretty sure this is possible, and it would be really awesome if it could be implemented! Although I think the "killing diplomat" is a bit harsh, what would be the benefits of killing the diplomat?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Well you can't kill or remove characters unless you know their name. And because character names are random, unless it's a starting character it can't be done.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

SS6.4: in the description of the Cuman Khanate it is written that they controlled Wallachia in 11th century. Well, the game starts in 12th century and the cumans don't own Wallachia. Why was this done in SS6.4?

w.wallace61's Avatar Civis

In SS what I want most is real uprising ' lıke scottish' for every faction.. I read the campaing script and it is possible i think..it can create more realistic game playing.. If you dont manage other nation very vell they will create theirs again..spawning nation armies where cities' loyalties is very low would be great..I dont know if destroyed kingdoms can be buıld again but if it is possble, it would be awesome..Just like the old medieval total war..National uprising..İf any one know how to add , if it is possible, sharing this knowledge woul be great im also modding my game a little by this way

riknap's Avatar Miles
    A former Spanish Colony, then an American Commonwealth, then an independent Republic

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I actually really like this idea
    But what do the more senior M2TW modders think about this? Is it possible? From what I've seen from KK in his "Fellowship of the Ring" mod, I'm pretty sure this is possible, and it would be really awesome if it could be implemented! Although I think the "killing diplomat" is a bit harsh, what would be the benefits of killing the diplomat?
    you get to shout a three word cliche as you click the "kill diplomat" button =D
    Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember
    Nothing is true.
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember
    Everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Khwarezm View Post
    I would like to see a new campaign terrain textures. The current vanilla texture looks in my opinion ugly.
    Try the mapmod... works fine with SS.

Perhaps tone down the heretics a bit?

How about a feature or trait that says something like:
    Religiously tolerant?
    Less unrest in cities that is not your religion. It's not "realistic"if you can change Baghdad fully Catholic. How about Jerusalem, which was really diverse?
    Saladin allowed pilgrimage from any beliefs.
    Last edited by Toggle_FoW ツ; January 26, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

That's not a bad idea; but in practice it would effectively cancel itself out - lower unrest from religious difference, but higher unrest from religious conservatives....

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostiko View Post
    That's not a bad idea; but in practice it would effectively cancel itself out - lower unrest from religious difference, but higher unrest from religious conservatives....
    i think that's his point, you wouldn't have massive unrest. it would just be normal, like any other city but religiously diverse