Page 31 of 106 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940415681 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Except that in 1100 the County of Barcelona was still seperated from Aragon, only until their marriage union in the 30s did they become one... and more officially after their son took the throne in the 60s
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Segador's Avatar Libertus
    Barcelona (Catalonia) -`s-Hertogenbosch (Netherland)

but also the strange is that in the early campaign is the Kingdom of Aragon using the Count of Barcelona flag, because the Crown of Aragon use this flag. But the crown of Aragon got the flag from the Catalan Counties like the County of Barcelona. If the use that flag it should be the Catalan counties the faction in the early era.

I love 6.4 it is great. The heretics coming out are extremely powerful. My one big complaint about SS is that assassination is way too hard. Im on turn 30 and haven't used assassins yet so hopefully this has changed. I love using sabatoge and assassination as a way to undermine. My priests have no chance turning these heretics and I am keeping up to date with my churches and Ikoner studios and also attending those councils. But no luck so I hope for the best with my hired killers but have not built an inn yet.
    I gotta ask. What is the deal with the spawning of rebel troops. There is way too much spawning. Its funny because earlier versions of SS saw this as a problem and toned it down. 6.4 is the epitome of SS with bug fixes and all added extras yet they have fallen back to a ridiculous amount of rebel spawning. sigh. Is there a way I can go into the files and change this? If somebody knows then please share.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

In descr_strat change this number higher. If you use 999 you'll probably never see any.

brigand_spawn_value 60
    It requires a new game, so testing new numbers to find a spawn rate you like can be tricky and time consuming.

I've got some suggestions:

1. add foot pecheng archers!
    2. if anybody is willing, to make a "disable gunpowder" submod. I think that most who love playing in early era would like such a submod. Though not historical... it would be fun! I mean, to disable recruiting gunpowder units, gunpowder artillery and cannon towers (for every faction). perhaps it would not be a bad idea to be able to recruit all kinds of ships.
    Last edited by Zenith_Zenith; January 21, 2011 at 03:45 PM.

Perhaps check out these new sky skies?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=387014

And check out the RS2 environments:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414629

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

I think this sounds great. Is it ok for the game ? or is it over the top?
    Anyway, here's a great irish whistle track suggestion for the ss game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would like to be able to choose who my faction leader is going to be, like in Rome Total war, who the successor is going to be. There is just so many times when I have an heir to the throne, with better qualities, and blood relation, lose out to some dude one of the king's brother's was mentored (although those knights make good husbands for the princesses I've found out.)

Anyway, thanks!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

There is a submod that allows you to choose who your next heir after the current one will be. Check out the submods forum.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

My problem with the "Next Heir Choosing" submod, is that you need to continoually pass on the trait, because for some reason, when your Kind dies, and your prince becomes King (who had the "Next Heir" icon), then it dosen't pass on to your next prince! So you have to manually send it over to your next prince, which is always a pain.
    On a side not, is the only way of trading Ancillaries, by combining the two leaders in one army, and just dragging them over to the other leader?

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    On a side not, is the only way of trading Ancillaries, by combining the two leaders in one army, and just dragging them over to the other leader?
    Yes.

Also why does the HRE army near Bologna, stand RIGHT outside of it on the first turn? Why not just have them inside the city from the beginning? It just sounds a bit stupid leaving them outside...

Also why does the HRE army near Bologna, stand RIGHT outside of it on the first turn? Why not just have them inside the city from the beginning? It just sounds a bit stupid leaving them outside...
    Probably just a case of a slightly off co-ordinate

so thats a bug? I'm playing with MSC, could that be the problem?

so thats a bug? I'm playing with MSC, could that be the problem?
    Not sure. But this is the suggestions thread and not the place to discuss it

I got a lil o the Irish in me....good stuff...

Ok-Im not all that great with computers but I get around...you said "In descr_strat change this number higher. If you use 999 you'll probably never see any"...I dont hate rebels I just dont like seeing souped up armies every other round when I got Byzantines, Russians, Cumans and whoever else seeking my extermination...can you guide me or at least elaborate on how I can tone it down but not eliminant....thank you

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Try 100-200 and play for a while and see. I don't know specifics because if I change it I usually get rid of them by using 999.

Babri's Avatar Miles

I've one suggestion about siege weapons. Just make them a bit stronger so they can take down walls a bit easier & make them worthy enough to be useful in siege battles.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Rename the 'Byzantine' empire back to the rightful 'Roman Empire' and update the Roman unit names to the more accurate ones that are used by RR/RC.