Page 30 of 106 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

I've no idea on maps modding so I"m not too sure, but wouldn't compressing the saharas press on Marrakesh / Luxor / Mecca ? not to meantion there isn't exactly a northern settlement dieing to get added
    Last edited by RollingWave; January 18, 2011 at 07:59 PM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Can't you push farther East? Just remove a few water tiles, and just move a few spaces east. Also are the Islands off the coast of Portugal and Africa represented at all?

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Can't you push farther East? Just remove a few water tiles, and just move a few spaces east. Also are the Islands off the coast of Portugal and Africa represented at all?
    what would be gained by going a little more to the east

LOL! Good question, but I thought if you ARE going to change the map, why not move it East, rather than North or South. East would be best because you could add more K-Shah cities, and add more cities for the Russian factions to expand to. Or in general just have a greater boundary between you and the Mongols/Timurds

newt's Avatar Primicerius

No islands in the west. There is only a small bit of space before you cut off Marrakesh and Lisbon.

oh ok then, I guess we can forget about it. Overall though I think its fine then. So what are the plans for SS6.5?

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    I've no idea on maps modding so I"m not too sure, but wouldn't compressing the saharas press on Marrakesh / Luxor / Mecca ? not to meantion there isn't exactly a northern settlement dieing to get added
    Well... i dont know. If its not feasible that thats cool and all. I was just thinking that rather than having that empty space in the sahara, it might have been cool to add another region to italy or spain, since those two areas have a lot of factions compressed into a relatively small space. I guess, now that I think about it though, it would probably be more work than its worth since compressing the borders would also lead to "blowing up" in scale what remains of the map.

Anyway, for 6.5, I think what I want to see most is the addition of new, playable factions. Obviously, I have my preferences but just adding more playable factions in general would be vastly beneficial.
    Last edited by Lanier; January 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM.

+1 on The Turk's question, as I too am curious about at least the major ideas/changes/addons planned for SS6.5
    Fear is the mother of defeat.
    Tranquility is courage in repose. Courage is confidence in action.

Bug fixes for 6.4

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    the 1100 Historical map revision sub-mod is still be worked on (slowly.)
    Very much work in progress.

(modding the map is time-consuming and we have to thank Ceasar Clivus for his work on the 1100 mod so far.)

So far it has removed Embi and Khlynov and added Seville (in more or less the correct location and reverted Badajoz back to its correct name.)
    It has also added Trieste.

As has been mentioned on the map scale we have adding another city to northern Italy - demographically justified IMHO - is difficult due to it being already very crowded.
    The ZoC of another city - between Milan and Vienna for example - could effectively block all movement there.

Reducing Ireland to 1 region (Dublin) makes sense in game play - the island is rarely visited or attacked by anyone except England - if they get the chance.
    Scotland is over-represented with 3 regions, removing Aberdeen and Galway would free up 2 regions giving, for example
    - Augsburg and Strasburg in Germany (deleting Staufen along the way)
    - and Orleans in France.

Extending the map northwards is impractical as it has already reached its maximum dimensions.
    We could lose a lot of desert at the bottom of the map it is true since place such Timbuktu were axed in earlier versions of SS.

However extending the map northwards introduces more distortion into the map and merely replaces desert with sea and forests.

------------

One way to achieve better representation of certain areas would be to have several detailed scenarios, in a similar fashion to the kingdoms mods,
    but at a larger scale. That, however requires a lot of work. (but an interesting challenge.)
    I think miving the mao northwards would be fine, the very most important city in Norway is in that region, and as i said you need not remove any cities except eikundarsund Is timbuktu at the very bottom of the map?

Mecca is. Medina is nearby. Adding to Norway would cause the loss of 2 of the holiest cities in Islam.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Yeah right now Mecca / Luxor / Marrakesh is closest to the bottom of the map in that order.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Segador's Avatar Libertus
    Barcelona (Catalonia) -`s-Hertogenbosch (Netherland)

For me, the same suggestions as always: The names for the Crown of Aragon should be in Catalan and Aragonese and mostly Catalan in the late campaign. The Crown of Aragon shouldn't have the Plaza del Toro because the first one in Catalonia was from the late XIX century. And the region of Barcelona should be more big, getting part of Toulouse and part of Zaragoza, the region of Zaragoza never had sea.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Mecca is. Medina is nearby. Adding to Norway would cause the loss of 2 of the holiest cities in Islam.
    i see, you can however shruink the maoo size a little bit and reduce armies walk distance, then it is no problem

You know how much work that is for one Norwegian City?

Nope but i think it could work very well, like the eras total conquest map only less.
    This could also mean an addition east to include more important cities
    eras total conquest do this and that is very fun

Instead of having to put army's in settlements to give them a rest and re-fill supply's and there for reduce public order and what not. i would rather have build-able supply posts or have forts do the same thing

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BarSteward View Post
    Instead of having to put army's in settlements to give them a rest and re-fill supply's and there for reduce public order and what not. i would rather have build-able supply posts or have forts do the same thing
    Not possible.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I agree with Segador, Barcelona deserves more love. Maybe start as a large town, part of Aragon, in Early Campaign.
    Fear is the mother of defeat.
    Tranquility is courage in repose. Courage is confidence in action.

Segador's Avatar Libertus
    Barcelona (Catalonia) -`s-Hertogenbosch (Netherland)

In fact Barcelona and Valencia were the most important cities of the Crown.