Page 21 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930314671 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions

Hungary why not have real skins?

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Just some thoughts from a newer player just getting into the mod. I'd like to start with saying that I enjoy this mod so much I don't think I'll ever play Vanilla again, it's just that good.

1 - Diplomats seem to be the only Agent worth a damn. Assassins I rarely use but even against what should be soft targets their success ratio is in the single digits, and Merchants are just 'Take My Gold' signs to other factions. Increasing assassin effectiveness probably would imbalance the game as you could easily wreck royal lines if so inclined, but I don't even want to make merchants now because I know they have a 2-5 turn life expectancy.

2 - Traits. I love the improved traits and how they get a sense of your character, but they may get a bit too many. It's by no means a big deal but once I've established a guy into his late 20s to late 30s, he usually has a laundry list of talents with a couple of conflicting bonuses; Loved by the people but hated by the people because of an iron fist and all that.

3 - New skins. Absolutely love these. It makes me sad to see old unit cards or old skins now with how skilled and the fantastic job you guys and gals have done changing these. The more you can upgrade, the better the game experience

Other than those rather small issues, having a blast.
    I see the better and approve; I follow the worse.

If you liked my post or thought I was helpful, hit that +rep and leave your name so I can keep an eye out for when you deserve some. Unless you suck. Then you aren't getting crap. Ever.

Suggestion: A system to call for (or offer) aid to or from allies. I know somebody recently did this for TATW, but I think it could be very much improved to add some dynamism to the game!

Have music restricted to faction types. Etc No Scottish music for the Eastern European countries.

And for the Late campaign, i was hoping that the faction territories won't be so large, they should be the same size as the early campaign even if it isn't accurate, it just makes it more fun by being able to expand differently if you want to.

Suggestion: Turn low-level/generic ancillaries into traits, so better/unique ancillaries would have more space...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyaweh View Post
    Suggestion: Turn low-level/generic ancillaries into traits, so better/unique ancillaries would have more space...
    Which ancs exactly did spam you?

I think there should be more regions in Britain. If you are playing as England, it is too easy to kill Scotland and vice versa. An alternative would be to create big starting armies for scotland and england

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

SS is already at the hardcoded region limit. You would have to remove other regions before adding more to britain and the British Isles are a very small part of the map.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    SS is already at the hardcoded region limit. You would have to remove other regions before adding more to britain and the British Isles are a very small part of the map.
    Not only that but they are over-represented in population turns. Scotland's population ratio to England was of the order of 1 : 6 (suggests a max of 2 Scottish regions (actually one) - and in 1100 the NW one should be rebel.)

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jihad4Life View Post
    I think there should be more regions in Britain. If you are playing as England, it is too easy to kill Scotland and vice versa. An alternative would be to create big starting armies for scotland and england
    it looks like the British isles just doest work well in this mod.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipO'Hayda View Post
    it looks like the British isles just doest work well in this mod.
    I understand you being from there that to you it looks not ok but we as a modding team has to think it in a balance way i mean 11 regions are more than enough on it not to mention that we have to maintain the hard-coded limitation and balance out the entire SS campaign map.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I understand you being from there that to you it looks not ok but we as a modding team has to think it in a balance way i mean 11 regions are more than enough on it not to mention that we have to maintain the hard-coded limitation and balance out the entire SS campaign map.
    I understand were your all caming from.
    thats why am on the ChC team also. when Ireland was in SS It just did not work. The british isles, its just to small for it and making the map smaller will ruin it on the others, but its working fine on CHC and am sure when Druvatar De Bodemloze is done it'll be great.
    Last edited by PhilipO'Hayda; January 01, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Yup Dhruv's mod is more focused there as the eastern world is not included in it.

Thorwald's Avatar Foederatus

Some ideas for Medieval 2 : Total war modders.
    There should be an choice of ‘government’ after conquest of a city :

Village Town Large town Minor city Large city Huge city Troops to recrute
    Vassal state 1 2 3 4 5 6 Light regional troops (town guards, town militia, skirmishers, archers)

Barony 2 4 6 8 10 12 Light & medium regional troops (crossbowmen, spear men, light cavalry, …)

County 3 6 9 12 15 18 Light, medium & heavy regional troops (heavy infantry, elite crossbowmen, …)

Principality 4 8 12 16 20 24 Light, medium & heavy regional troops (knights) + royal light troops

Duchy 5 10 15 20 25 30 Light, medium & heavy regional troops + royal light & medium troops

Royal domain 6 12 18 24 30 36 Light, medium & heavy regional troops + royal light, medium & heavy troops + siegecraft

Translation for those governments you will find on : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_and_noble_ranks
    For the muslim factions it will be : emirate, sultanate, imamate, caliphate, malikate, sheikh state (but I don’t know the order, investigation needed).
    So, if you are intend to conquer a huge city (Constantinople) and you want to make it a Royal domain, it will take you 36 turns before you can build or recruit. If it is a Large town and you want to make it a County then it will take 9 turns. …
    Royal troops are troops of the faction you are playing (Longbowmen for the English, Pavise Crossbowmen for the Venetians, Varangians guard for the Byzantines, …). Regional troops are troops you can recruit in a particular city (Flemish pikemen in Ghent, Nottingham longbowmen in Nottingham, Bohemian pavise crossbowmen in Prague, …). So each city/region has its own regional troops with their own colors. Thus if you are playing the French and you want to make use of Genoese pavise crossbowmen, you have to conquer Genoa with at least a county as government. These troops have the French banner but their shields will be from Genoa.
    If a region has PSF it should be possible to recruit troops from that PSF as well. So in Flanders (Ghent), with PSF Brugge (Bruges), Kortrijk (Courtrai) and Aalst, you can recruit Bruges pikemen, Kortrijk archers, Aalst knights in their colors (with help of Google).
    You can only build and recruit if the local lord (count of Flanders, prince of Antioch, duke of Swabia, …), faction leader or heir is present in the city.
    I hope there will be a choice for governor or general for the family members (like Deus Lo Vult). And why not a choice for Bishop.
    There should be a limit per city about recruiting troops. 20% of the male population between 20 and 40 years or 30%? Investigation needed!
    The quantity of each unit should decline from the start of because of disease, desertion, starvation, … and should have a limit of 20 years. Only merging is possible. Thus if you are playing the Scotts and you decide to quarter a unit of Edinburgh knights in Kerak (Jordan), they will extinct after 20 years.
    There should be more regions tags to increase morale, religion, armouring : tomb of Charlemagne in the region of Aken (+1 morale for Franks and Germans, shroud of Turin (+1 morale for Christian factions), famous blacksmith in the Swabia (+1 defense), Holy Lance in Antioch (+1 morale for Christian factions), Charles Martel in the region of Tours, (+1 morale for Franks), burial place of Alaric in Calabria (+1 morale for Germans), burial place of Attila in Hungary (1 morale for Magyars), …..
    Light, medium, heavy and siegecraft units should have their own travelling distance. The slowest are the siegecraft, the fastest are the light cavalry.
    Besides PSF and resources there should be also abbeys, cathedrals, tombs built before the year 1000 viewable on the map.
    Gunpowder knowledge can only be obtained by defeating or spying an army containing canons and guns and you have to go back to the capital with an academy ‘to tell’ it.
    It should be a task for the diplomat to arrange marriages and to buy mercenaries when visiting other regions.
    When a mercenary camp is built in a town/castle with a seaharbour it should be possible to buy mercenaries of your allied or neutral factions of the same religion. So, playing the English, you possess Limassol in Cyprus you can buy units of f.e. Denmark, Sicily, but it will take more turns to have them depending on the distance. So units from Denmark 4 turns, units from Sicily 2 turns. Mercenary units size should have be half than normal. If an archer unit is 160, the mercenary archer unit is 80.
    With every upgrade of a city, there should be an additional line of buildings you already have. So besides a cathedral you can build a chapel. And 6 inns at a huge city.

If you asked me, there are more than enough regions in Scandinavia, and that neither the Danes nor the Norwegians would really miss one, as this region shouldn't be as densely populated with settlements as it is. So -1 region in Sweden for +1 in Britain would work, although idk which city you would add in Britain.
    but now my suggestion:
    This is a really small thing, but there's a small area just south of Smyrna that units disembarking from a navy can just get stuck in. idk it was just annoying wasting a turn because it looks like a feasible landing spot. so either make an opening in those mountains or make it all unusable. btw that's the Caria region and part of Isparta.

hi, I´m new in twcenter, but i´ve played Total war games a lot.

I´m playing SS 6.3 early campaing with the sejuks, and I think that romans in this mod are a JOKE, his supermen-bobyguard in turn number 1!!! They must be a joke, defense 30???? I fight them, they are not inmortal but truly unrealistic, only a unit kills me 80!!!!!!! bobyguard of three diferent units, two infantry units and a ligth cavalry unit before die, it´s normal???

I have read about something of a jihad , but do you think that I will pay 5000 in early turns ???? are you joking??

Just another thingm, is normal that in turn number 10 I can only attack with the king and the heir? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by river44 View Post

I´m playing SS 6.3 early campaing with the sejuks, and I think that romans in this mod are a JOKE, his supermen-bobyguard in turn number 1!!! They must be a joke, defense 30???? I fight them, they are not inmortal but truly unrealistic, only a unit kills me 80!!!!!!! bobyguard of three diferent units, two infantry units and a ligth cavalry unit before die, it´s normal???

I have read about something of a jihad , but do you think that I will pay 5000 in early turns ???? are you joking??

Just another thingm, is normal that in turn number 10 I can only attack with the king and the heir? thanks
    Hi, yes, no, no, np

One thing that I dislike about SS6.3 are the new St. Lazarus Knights. I don't recall if they were like this in the Crusades Campaign, but their skin is absolutly terrible. Their flashy green colour looks like as if they were the evil guys in a spiderman movie. Even The Hulk has a more decent tone of green.
    Every time I see them on the battlefield I think 'the neon army marches again...'.
    Maybe someone could make the effort and change the skin to a more decent fade of green

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Which ancs exactly did spam you?
    the ancs you get from buildings/guilds when you leave your general inside settlements... the Master Archer, master Smith, et al... they give small bonuses, compared to defender of faith and other unique and fancy ancillaries...

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by river44 View Post

You are playing with BGR, turn it off if you have not read the guide for it. The game will change significantly. BGR is intended for expert players who are already intimately familiar with SS.

As for the Roman BG, yes, they are supposed to be that tough, but the Roman faction gets outclassed once you hit the later eras.

Segador's Avatar Libertus
    Barcelona (Catalonia) -`s-Hertogenbosch (Netherland)

the unique building for the Crown of Aragon should really really be this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consulate_of_the_Sea

A commercial building.

Is really the most representative.