Page 20 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Segador's Avatar Libertus
    Barcelona (Catalonia) -`s-Hertogenbosch (Netherland)

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions

By the way, antoher suggestions. I don't think that the Crown of Aragon should have the Bulls square, the first bulls square in Catalonia were made it in the XIX century. One really typical building of the Crown of Aragon is la Llotja a kind of comercial building. And the names for this factions should be or in Catalan or in Aragonese. They didn't spoke Spanish at least till the XVIII century.

Does someone know how to modify the way a unit's experience increase attack/defense stats?
    "IN NOMINE XPI VINCAS SEMPER" - Au nom du Christ tu vaincras toujours.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jaujon View Post
    Does someone know how to modify the way a unit's experience increase attack/defense stats?

1. You edit them in export_descr_units.txt in SS6.3\data. There is a guide at the top of the file on what you need to change.
    2. This is the suggestions thread. General questions should be asked in the main forum. Please only post suggestions here.
    3. Please search before posting as your question has been covered previously. You wont have to wait for an answer if you do.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Suggestion: Dont give enemy AI loads of free cash (Or at least give them less). Instead, give them one or more extra coin for every coin they make, or something similar. That way, there is still a strong incentive to destroy enemy lands, kill their armies, block their ports etc. Currently this has hardly any effect on their economy at all, it seems. Besides you dont get the faction with a single castle left, mass producing huge stacks, and making that faction your vassal doesn't give you loads of easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleBlueDot View Post
    Suggestion: Dont give enemy AI loads of free cash (Or at least give them less). Instead, give them one or more extra coin for every coin they make, or something similar. That way, there is still a strong incentive to destroy enemy lands, kill their armies, block their ports etc. Currently this has hardly any effect on their economy at all, it seems. Besides you dont get the faction with a single castle left, mass producing huge stacks, and making that faction your vassal doesn't give you loads of easy money.
    They don't get cash unless they are bankrupt. Their kings purse is higher than the players and they can stockpile money (much) more easily. Imho the player should have a cap on his cash so he can't go beyond a certain amount and the cap for the AI (yes, they have one) might need lowering and additional countersteps. Nothing that can be directly done about vassaling giving a (onetime) ton of cash, but that's CAs screwup. The AI utterly fails at cash management else we would not have to script around like that.

I see, I have misunderstood some of the game mechanisms. How much cash do they per turn when they are bankrupt? And if they don't get cash when not bankrupt, what is it that makes a campaign harder on hard or very hard than medium, if not how much cash they are receiving?

Another suggestion, but I guess it is impossible to implement anyway:
    When looking at statistics for a faction, the "economy" stat is very misleading. It only shows how much cash a faction has at some point, not how much it is making. It would be much more useful to know if my income is increasing, not my total treasury. Obviously having 250k only means all your family is corrupt and you suck at managing, while having almost nothing could mean you are using money in an optimal way to recruit troops and invest. But at the moment the former is shows as a strength, and the latter as a weakness.

Also, I would love to have implemented some way of taunting the enemy to attack. Maybe in the diplomacy window, such as the option to say: Your mother is an hamster and your father smells of elderberries". Then if he attacks, I will have some ambushes ready and the pope will blame him.
    If my rather silly suggestion is ignored, is there any other way of getting the enemy to attack a particular city?

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

First suggestion: hard-coded
    Second suggestion: hard-coded.
    To get the AI to attack a settlement, leave it defended by a single weak unit.

It'd certainly be nice if the AI economy was set back to something similiar as to that of Vanilla M2. I truly cannot abide the one-region factions with armies in the thousands. Especially considering the difficulty of raising a large army for the player as compared to the AI.

I see, I have misunderstood some of the game mechanisms. How much cash do they per turn when they are bankrupt?
    Roughly enough to get them over negative zero and their recruitment ability is frozen.
    And if they don't get cash when not bankrupt, what is it that makes a campaign harder on hard or very hard than medium, if not how much cash they are receiving?
    Experience bonus, morale bonus, law bonus, building cost bonus (with the AI beeing notorious for not repairing their walls...) to name a few. I think this has been covered in depth elsewhere but I can't find it at the moment - problem is that the AI above medium is really just as ... lets called it intelligent... as the one on medium so difficulties beyond are enacted as in a game of chess against inferior players. Either handicap the player or the opponent.
    Another suggestion, but I guess it is impossible to implement anyway:
    When looking at statistics for a faction, the "economy" stat is very misleading. It only shows how much cash a faction has at some point, not how much it is making. It would be much more useful to know if my income is increasing, not my total treasury. Obviously having 250k only means all your family is corrupt and you suck at managing, while having almost nothing could mean you are using money in an optimal way to recruit troops and invest. But at the moment the former is shows as a strength, and the latter as a weakness.
    Your guess is sadly correct.
    Also, I would love to have implemented some way of taunting the enemy to attack. Maybe in the diplomacy window, such as the option to say: Your mother is an hamster and your father smells of elderberries". Then if he attacks, I will have some ambushes ready and the pope will blame him.
    If my rather silly suggestion is ignored, is there any other way of getting the enemy to attack a particular city?
    It isn't ignored - any expansion of the current diplomatic system would be great to have but our hands are tied by the engine.
    Poorly garrison it and have a weak economy. Not really what you are looking for I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    .Poorly garrison it and have a weak economy. Not really what you are looking for I fear.
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    If I keep a larger stack nearby, hidden in the trees (ambush) - can the enemies see it? In order to have them walk into an ambush, or at least attack an "empty" city when my stack is just nearby. Id assume they cant, but when I tested this, although the ambushed worked some times, other times the enemy would simply attack the ambush. Not as "ambush failed and the enemy got time to prepare", but as if then knew it. I even think some enemy diplomat came up and chatted with my ambushing stack once.

I think that would work, you however never know if your ambush will be a succes or if the enemy will have the time to prepeare

Here are my suggestions and reasons why.
    1. For every starting faction at least one build-able or already built wonder. (maybe even two) It gives a sort of Pride and having different bonuses will sort of make the AI harder to kill.
    2. Axe off Timurid and add in a second mongol invasion. Self-explanatory (mongols rule)
    3. Build ferry system (aka cross-able water) from Normand-Sussex Wales-Dublin. (English-Scottish AI never conquer anything (save for scotland vs Norway and Vs Flanders)
    4. Now that we Axed off Timurids make the Kalmar Union possible for Denmark-Norway. I like the banner changes.
    5. Just a personal suggestion that I know isn't accurate. We could axe off the CS and TO and give their respective lands to France and HRE. (this isn't really that high on my list but sometimes its would be cool.
    6. WHAT I REALLY WANT. Start time off in 1080 and make it 4 tpy. I would very much appreciate having time to actually use my Generals and I hate how fast the Family grows and dies. Also I do not want the gunpowder event (personal want) 3 years to travel from York to Bergen??? 9 months would prob be better. This would make a great sub mod if these were the only choices.
    7. Castille and Leon my two favorite medieval spanish factions. I would very much like to keep their name in early turns Leon and Castille and have their settlements be known as Spanish not Leonese because now we have nothing to remind us its also Catalan.
    8. Stronger Spanish units (Moors walks all over my Iberian neighbors if I don't intervene as France.
    9. Crusader States in control of the Latin Empire in the Late Period.
    Please take my suggestions into consideration. Thank you
    RISE UNION OF KALMAR RISE!!!

Oh and if Meneth any other great modder could give me Definite yes /Maybe/ Hell no to each of them that'd be great ty.
    Last edited by Scandinavian; December 22, 2010 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    1. For every starting faction at least one build-able or already built wonder. (maybe even two) It gives a sort of Pride and having different bonuses will sort of make the AI harder to kill.
    If it's fits the historical existence then i see no problem adding it from the start and it should be indestructible so that it never gets destroyed if conquered.

2. Axe off Timurid and add in a second mongol invasion. Self-explanatory (mongols rule)
    Not sure they would do that unless they change the time-line.

3. Build ferry system (aka cross-able water) from Normand-Sussex Wales-Dublin. (English-Scottish AI never conquer anything (save for scotland vs Norway and Vs Flanders).
    Cross-water is not much mapping work so i think it can be done but if you meant boats running through rivers then that's an awful lot of work not to mention the bugs involved and the total redo of regions borders.

4. Now that we Axed off Timurids make the Kalmar Union possible for Denmark-Norway. I like the banner changes.
    Even if done i seriously doubt they will add this feature they are already adding Sweden i think. It's a waste of faction slot but i like this idea nonetheless.

5. Just a personal suggestion that I know isn't accurate. We could axe off the CS and TO and give their respective lands to France and HRE. (this isn't really that high on my list but sometimes its would be cool.
    & not mention the rant by players, one will receive if removed.

6. WHAT I REALLY WANT. Start time off in 1080 and make it 4 tpy. I would very much appreciate having time to actually use my Generals and I hate how fast the Family grows and dies. Also I do not want the gunpowder event (personal want) 3 years to travel from York to Bergen??? 9 months would prob be better. This would make a great sub mod if these were the only choices.
    Sub-mod, yes someone might do it.

7. Castille and Leon my two favorite medieval spanish factions. I would very much like to keep their name in early turns Leon and Castille and have their settlements be known as Spanish not Leonese because now we have nothing to remind us its also Catalan.
    Sorry i have no knowledge about this.

8. Stronger Spanish units (Moors walks all over my Iberian neighbors if I don't intervene as France.
    If they have received enough complaints about this then they might tweak the stats of Spanish roster.

9. Crusader States in control of the Latin Empire in the Late Period.
    Not a modding question so i can't answer, sorry.

How about adding some faction leader traits that effect how a faction as a hole behaves, for example:

if a new English King comes to power who is militaristic, very aggressive and hates the French then England as a faction will put up taxes, spend more money on forts and less on city's build an army and then attack the French.

but on the opposite side if that aggressive french hating English king dies and a new passive, french loving English king comes to power then he would lower taxes spend more on city's, reduce the army and make peace with the French.

I know this probably isn't possible in the Med2 system but maybe have the 'Dislikes the French' trait effect your relations with that faction.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Campaign AI. Everything else IMO is great; certain things need changed in the AI's behaviour.

1 - do what you can to remove that horrific Byzantine crusading bug (where any crusading army marching in Constantinople will automatically be at war with the Byzzies) =/

2 - fix the blockading bug. Its bad that a nation like Denmark or Aragon will blockade a port in Greece or something as an act of war, and do nothing about it. Too many countries just blockade a single port then leave, never to return (until u pay them for peace ffs) ¬_¬

Im not trying to be a flamer, but please do what you can to hone and further enhance what is now a brilliant AI =)

A garrison script to give the AI extra units whenever one of its settlements gets besieged.

Quote Originally Posted by danielc View Post
    A garrison script to give the AI extra units whenever one of its settlements gets besieged.
    this seems to me a good idea. however, they must all be untrained peasants, possibly some with spears and shields, some archers, but their number should be small in small settlements (e.g. 1 unit of peasants in a village) and higher in large settlements.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

That should be easy enough to implement. Are there not certain mods already that use a settlement army script? 3rd Age comes to mind but I cant be certain.....

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Xenophon View Post
    That should be easy enough to implement. Are there not certain mods already that use a settlement army script? 3rd Age comes to mind but I cant be certain.....
    Increases turn times and doesn't help with "instant" battles using siege equipment. Else it is easy to implement - but the easy part takes a while. Personally I see this as something for a (optional) submod,opinions are divided on garrison scripts.

IM BACK!!!
    Here are a few more suggestions
    1. Forget my Kalmar Union, Sweden would be alot better.
    2. Bulgaria as an emergent (i know you have reached unit limit but there are many useless units out there....)
    3. Make blockading ports more important (learned it doesn't really matter all that much)
    4. I was talking about the ferry system between the British Isles and continental Europe not navigable rivers (river ports is good enough)
    5. More regions in North Africa.
    6. Make Africa more important to the Moors. (as France I take over Africa with little resistance. So i Toggle FOW to see wth is up and they have 11 stacks in Southern Spain.???)