Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions!

I there, a suggestion that might be interesting in term of historical units is to make units recruitable in the years they were formed, many troops aren't recruitable at the early era particulary the Roman Empire. Some will say that it will be unbalanced, but the roman empire was the strongest in the early medieval period until the Angelo reign. To balance that is to modifying the recruitment pool; scholarii could drop to maximum 1, the siphanatore stay 1, the vasilia stay also one and the varagian guard recruitable in city hall instead of mayor palace and the replenishment of these units is 7 turns and the recruitable time stay the same. After the heavy mail event, upgrade the pool of scholarii to 2. The menauloi could be recruited in the higher tier barrack and can be recuited in the beginning since the greek phalanx was used BC and the menauloi follows nearly the same way.

Recruitable generals

making catapult units having 3 catapults instead of two

modifying the muslim rosters they actually really needed it!!

Make professional troops as mercenary that can be recruited depending of the region (for example almulgavar, gendarme, dismounted huscarl, mamluks or the like).

the education part of the LLP mod is really interesting, as such having this system of education is more realistic and variant than the old one.

Bringing back the old traits such good/bad defender/attacker, it's more RP for the generals

removing sherwood archer, french chivalry knight, and merged many units that as the same role/stats to leave more space to new units.

modifying the alcohol traits because I always get an alcoholic general when he gets the social drinker trait.

Insert teutonic guild in the crusaders states, they begin in the middle east

It is possible to rename the swordsmith guild to training ground guild or something like that since the guild give no more weapon upgrade.

If by removing and merging units the modders got enough space, they could insert dismounted units for nearly every cavalry like the mamluk or pronoarii.

Hope my suggestion will be taken in consideration, thank you in advance.

By the way, superb mod, really love it

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

if you take english huscarls and gwent raiders it will make the england early game quite hard
    er nope it will make no difference at all actually.

the mercenary artillery is so other factions can use them.
    the AI is actually very keen to recruit artillery without needing mercenary units.

hashashim , assassin and sherwood archers are all part of guild rewards
    they can all be replaced by other rewards if necessary, and all are limited to certain factions.
    I've never seen them recruited by the AI or done so myself.

I forgot to add Templar Zweihanders.

Originally posted in Mongol economics by
    Quote Originally Posted by Olaf The Great View Post
    You would think the Empires that extend off the visible map would get an economy bonus based on how large their "Real" Empire is.

In Europa Barbarorum, there are special buildings on the edge of the map which give trade bonuses based on the province, Kwarezmians had an Empire that stretched off the map, so they should start with these buildings in Urgench, Khiva, and the other persian cities that border India and Central Asia. I think the Mongols should get a script which works for the first x turns they show up, that gives money until the breakup of the Mongol Empire, along with those +trade buildings.
    Other places for those "buildings" would be Egypt, Morocco, Arabia, and Scandinavia.

For England Men's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    er nope it will make no difference at all actually.

the AI is actually very keen to recruit artillery without needing mercenary units.

they can all be replaced by other rewards if necessary, and all are limited to certain factions.
    I've never seen them recruited by the AI or done so myself.

I forgot to add Templar Zweihanders.
    I still disagree if you take gwent raiders and english huscarls away that leaves england with galloglaich and kern mercs only when they make it into scotland and ireland and welsh spearmen in wales as their only mercenaries at the beginning meaning you would have to rely on fyrd spearmen and levy archers until you can build better units, not very realistic really.

And i mean that those mercenary artillery pieces aren't recruitable by all factions so that is why the mercenary ones are there not that the AI doesn't create them.

unique units are just about the best reward you can get and just because you dont use them doesn't mean no other player does.

you seem to have misinterpreted my entire post and i must say you seem very hostile for a discussion thread all i was pointing out is that you have listed many unique units to eliminate when the game is full of duplicates that you wouldn't notice if they were removed and the factions could all just recruit the generic version.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

For England Men - my apologies if you felt I was being hostile.
    not my intent, merely debating the points raised.

all I can say is that having played the game for some time and often as England, I've never found the gwent raiders or english huscarls to be of much use.
    as for realism - I'd agree levy archers and spear militia wouldn't all be what a Norman army would field.

In 1100 - 1200 the Norman army would mainly be heavy mailed cavalry, crossbowmen and some various infantry (spears and archers)
    I look forward to english armies equipped with realistic units such as professional crossbowmen and mounted sergeants,
    (and remove peasant archers and merchant cavalry militia.)

as for duplicate units / unique units - I'd agree that most unique units should be kept. (but not the particular ones I mentioned - for the sake of historical realism.)
    and if we can remove some duplication even better.

I'm remain unconvinced by the argument that we should keep unhistorical units purely as rewards for human players building guilds for specific factions.
    I'd rather we improve the range of units available in the main line of barracks, stables, ranges, so there is more chance of the AI recruiting them.

WelshDragon's Avatar Miles

Only one campaign in so far with 6.3 as the Crusaders, but I noticed a couple of items:

1) Outremer needs better selection of mercs to recruit. Many men from Europe and the Caucases among other places went to the Holy Land in search of money and to kill infidels.
    2) All javelin throwing units seemed to be WAY overpowered... I noticed one unit of Kurdish javelins decimated a full unit of mounted Knights of Jerusalem for I could even make contact. Not realistic IMHO.

Other than that, great mod, enjoyable and challenging play, feels like a new game!
    Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true. - Julius Ceasar

1. I know TATW has been working on this, but for the early campaign have an axe throwing infantry unit. This was still in use in Western Germany and France at this time.

2. More mercs for Christian Holy lands especially.

3. Iceland? it was a medieval norse settlement after all, and there's a bit of room northwest of england. Wouldn't have to include whole island.

4. Better / More settlement borders in N Africa. I always thought it was odd / bad that if you take 1 coastal settlement it gives you MASSIVE swathes of land all the way down into the desert. Perhaps create a no go zone on the map and hide the capital?

5. New early Viking units, recruitable across a wider swathe.

6. Norman units recruitable in England.

7. Make crusades against Christian nations less likely than crusades against muslim nations.

8. Can't think of anything else on the wish list other than more AOR units; but its alreayad amzing the way it is! Wonderful job as always team!

This is like a Stanless Steel Mod suggestion because not everyone will like it. Disable skirmish mode. Both for my use and the AI. I consider it an exploit. I am playing the Turks early era, and their strongest units are the horse archers early on, and they have weak infantry, so I have to use them. It doesn't matter what the Romans throw at me, and what odds 1:2 etc..I always win with skirmishing horse archers. Later on when the turks get better units I will give them up..I think skirmishing weakens the battles and the game...

Please enable the ability to give regions to dead factions.. I may want to play the Good guy and resurrect any faction that gets destroyed..Preferrably in the destroyee's backyard, after I take a few of their regions of course....

Tiro

Default Re: Suggestions

Is it possible to make the black plague... well, black plague? In reality, it killed lots and lots of people and changed the history... in the game it's... just a nuisance. Doesn't even really matter.

What i'd like to see is deserted towns, meaning that unrest gets really high, garrisons get zeroed and so on ;D

that'd be a shocker.

Recruitable generals, at least in Last Tier Horse Barracks, would be great. A few campaigs I've played I've been strapped for family members.

Lil Jazzer's Avatar Civis

This is a little thing I suggested back in another topic, I just hope to bring some light onto the topic:
    "There is one thing I dont like about this mod, ONE THING, its the loading times in between ending turns and beginning new ones, even though I disable, "watching AI movement" and press space bar to hurry everything up it still takes a fair while, espeically on late campaign, other than that everything is preety much perfect. Another thing I would request and am not sure if it is possible is to add more provinces, in my humble and just opinion I think that the more provinces the more tactical the game is and thus by product, fun. Take for example the Hundred Years War mod for Med II, it had some 100 provinces in France, even though the AI and the BAI could improve considerably, the effect of tactical manoveurs between city, castle and town just gave the mod that 50% fun boost!! All in all, more provinces and less time (loading turns ((not so much of an issue)) I would like to see in future mods. Although im not sure about furthering the provinces and citys respects its just a thoughtful proposition on my part ="
    "...the cannons thundered in accord to many a men crossing, flag in array, musket erect... the glory of war."

-A passage from a personal Ode

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Jazzer View Post
    This is a little thing I suggested back in another topic, I just hope to bring some light onto the topic:
    "There is one thing I dont like about this mod, ONE THING, its the loading times in between ending turns and beginning new ones, even though I disable, "watching AI movement" and press space bar to hurry everything up it still takes a fair while, espeically on late campaign, other than that everything is preety much perfect. Another thing I would request and am not sure if it is possible is to add more provinces, in my humble and just opinion I think that the more provinces the more tactical the game is and thus by product, fun. Take for example the Hundred Years War mod for Med II, it had some 100 provinces in France, even though the AI and the BAI could improve considerably, the effect of tactical manoveurs between city, castle and town just gave the mod that 50% fun boost!! All in all, more provinces and less time (loading turns ((not so much of an issue)) I would like to see in future mods. Although im not sure about furthering the provinces and citys respects its just a thoughtful proposition on my part ="
    Have you downloaded Faster Turn Times? If not, do so.
    Also, Bane is working on a project he calls "After Work Edition", where the point is to speed the turn times up as much as possible, without ruining the gameplay. It achieves this by stripping out fluff that is nice, but not needed, like emergent factions, and the AI economy script.

For England Men's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    For England Men - my apologies if you felt I was being hostile.
    not my intent, merely debating the points raised.

all I can say is that having played the game for some time and often as England, I've never found the gwent raiders or english huscarls to be of much use.
    as for realism - I'd agree levy archers and spear militia wouldn't all be what a Norman army would field.

In 1100 - 1200 the Norman army would mainly be heavy mailed cavalry, crossbowmen and some various infantry (spears and archers)
    I look forward to english armies equipped with realistic units such as professional crossbowmen and mounted sergeants,
    (and remove peasant archers and merchant cavalry militia.)

as for duplicate units / unique units - I'd agree that most unique units should be kept. (but not the particular ones I mentioned - for the sake of historical realism.)
    and if we can remove some duplication even better.

I'm remain unconvinced by the argument that we should keep unhistorical units purely as rewards for human players building guilds for specific factions.
    I'd rather we improve the range of units available in the main line of barracks, stables, ranges, so there is more chance of the AI recruiting them.
    lol i was only joking about the hostile thing no worries ye I do see your point but which units are you referring to as not historical, sherwood archers for example i agree we could scrap them and change the woodsmen guild to give some very good bonuses for archers instead? I still think without huscarls and gwents that the english armies would be very boring until you build enough to get the norman units or expand to teritories with better mercs.

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

I'd love the education system to be modular, as I find it a real pain to take care of sending my buddies to the rigth school. Eck, they're from a royal family, so I hope their teachers to move their a.s around. Who's the frickin' boss ?!
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

Boost the starting cash for the Mongol campaign by 500k. This is to give some hope of actually being able to play the campaign beyond about turn 40- this would be for player not AI Mongolia. Either that or significantly lower the maintenance costs for either all or most of their cavalry units.

Unit cards - if the unit is cavalry - can we have a horse/donkey/camel or whatever in the picture as well as the 'man', as it can take some time to realise what is what with some nations.
    Last edited by philipjd; October 01, 2010 at 08:52 AM.

Is it possible to implement option to disable cheats?
    The temptation is very high, no matter how hard I try not to use cheats, I end up using add_money, character_reset and add skills.
    It ruins the experience, so I rather have no temptation.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliy View Post
    Is it possible to implement option to disable cheats?
    The temptation is very high, no matter how hard I try not to use cheats, I end up using add_money, character_reset and add skills.
    It ruins the experience, so I rather have no temptation.
    You could switch to a different keyboard layout, so that you don't know where the console key is

Destroyable walls and farms would be nice. It is apparently possible: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...04#post3400704

Though you should probably make it cost money, since tearing down walls is hard work.

I'd like a few more Muslim factions (Sundanese, Nubian or Saracen/Arabian) Sundanese could be around timbukto Nubian could be south of CAiro and The Arabians could be directly south of the Kwzyem or what ever empire. You could remove Scotland they never really take over england alone and it makes england not expand for almost hole game. You could remove the Timurids and just add a larger mongol invasion later on in the game. I would like to see a faction east of novgorod. I heard there were people there but they werent a major kingdom but I would think they would add a hole new thing in the north east. Also there building Ideas on this link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393508