Page 17 of 106 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions

I think we should add the emergent OF Joan of Arc , with elite units it should be great boost to france to fight with England

Quote Originally Posted by tuto170 View Post
    I think we should add the emergent OF Joan of Arc , with elite units it should be great boost to france to fight with England
    Thats easily implementable but depends on the SS team actually.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by tuto170 View Post

Fight with England...? Come on, English are only battling Scots and then stack up on their stupid isle.

I like that-they should do other heroes too ike Saladin and such.....but balance it out for ALL factions! Its hard enough being Orthodox-I can only imagine being pagan. They should make special events for the orthodox and pagans to counter-balance the crusades and jihads. Like an orthodox call of defense that allows special recruitment and a pagan holiday/festival that happens once in a while that does the same.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

A more technical suggestion....

Is it possible to put back in the old pike animations in the descr_skeleton and use a different one for the new one? for example maybe aggresive_pike uses the new onces while mtw2_pike uses the old one?

an even better one would ofcourse involve a new animation that would be more suitable for my two handed spearmen concepts since right now simply using the SS animation causes them to function a bit unrealistically (powerful that is)

in terms of animation, aside from potentially making the two handed pike / spear animation more viable, another one would be a similar implementation on cavalries wielding two handed lance animation, right now even gendarm / lancers still do the ole couch lance animations, while a significant amount of non-catholic lancers most likely fought with non-couched two handed lance as their primary weapon (kinda like RTR's heavy cavalries IIRC)
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

@RollingWave
    One can use both old and new pike animations in a mod but for different pike units you have to define them which one to use.

Ya! Perhaps there should be an English spawn in France, if the French encroach to close to Norman lands... That would be interesting! And then in the 15th century, if England hold X amount of provinces in France, then France spawns Joan of Arc to expel them/challenge the player. Now THAT would be mad cool!

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    @RollingWave
    One can use both old and new pike animations in a mod but for different pike units you have to define them which one to use.
    since there aren't exactly a ton of pike units, wouldn't this just involve a quick look in the BMDB to manually change it around? though after reading some tutorials on the skeleton and animations I've decided that is wayyyy too complicated for anyone to tackle unless they're really sure what they're doing. I checked the difference between the vanilla animation and the SS onces in terms of pike VIA winmerge... and I don't think I really want to attempt merging them myself since I don't really understand all the finer points of that descr_skeleton
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Is there a possibility to call your allies to come to your aid?
    Broken Cresent did something similar about requesting a reinforcement crusade. They had a "building" and when the player "build" that a request to the Pope was given and frequently a new Crusade arrived to help crusaders in the wars.
    Can you do the same?
    when a player "build" that kind of Building his allies would come to help him in that way their armies would be under his command after reaching a geografical point.

I already put this idea in other submods
    Last edited by PedroL; December 05, 2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Vencerei não só estes adversários mas quantos a meu Rei forem contrários

MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF y2day

Quote Originally Posted by PedroL View Post
    Is there a possibility to call your allies to come to your aid?
    Broken Cresent did something similar about requesting a reinforcement crusade. They had a "building" and when the player "build" that a request to the Pope was given and frequently a new Crusade arrived to help crusaders in the wars.
    Can you do the same?
    when a player "build" that kind of Building his allies would come to help him in that way their armies would be under his command after reaching a geografical point.

I already put this idea in other submods
    Thats a good point, especially considering that the tiny Crusader states currently always get run over by the far larger Egyptian forces. Perhaps an automatic Crusade to Jerusalem, when the Muslim capture it, would be in order.

I recommend removing the character aging script since it breaks devastation and makes it permanent. Just my thought since how can you play with permanent devastation?

I want to see less of persia, less regions there, and a bigger holy land, because the holy land is the region where the important history begins, watch to the blackdeath, gunpower reach europa via the middle-east, our mathmatic system is based on that from the muslims, so more regions there.

I like to see a bigger familie-tree since a couple of games i gone watch that, and its verry funny to see your family growing!

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    I want to see less of persia, less regions there, and a bigger holy land, because the holy land is the region where the important history begins, watch to the blackdeath, gunpower reach europa via the middle-east, our mathmatic system is based on that from the muslims, so more regions there.

I like to see a bigger familie-tree since a couple of games i gone watch that, and its verry funny to see your family growing!
    but were there important cities or forts over there?
    the few I know (Jerusalem Tripoli Acre Krak-de-Chevaliers, Antioch Edessa Gaza Kerak Alexandria Damascus ...) are already there

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    I want to see less of persia, less regions there
    one of the things I like most about Stainless Steel is that it has the common europe, middle-east, north-africa, but it ALSO has PERSIA! (nice when you remember about the Babylonian Empire, Persian Empire)

Don't remove Persia! and don't remove regions from there!

A SUGGESTION: I believe it would be very great to add Alias-names to cities (I might not say it right, how they were called, regarded) - perhaps as buildings that cannot be destroyed. For instance, Jerusalem = the Holy City of Jerusalem (very important religious city); Constantinople = The New Rome; Rome = The New Jerusalem (I've understood that Catholics regard it as such); Mecca = The Holy City of Mecca. And also to give some description about that important city.
    Last edited by Ishan; December 09, 2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: double post

Don't know; don't take this as an insult but I find it a rather stupid idea

the idea was that it would have added some historical description to that city, which might have been nice (as faction description is a nice thing). And it might have given some bonuses to that city. Perhaps it would have been better if there was no "building" to specify that. And I guess there's no other way to give a description and some bonuses to the city itself. if the "building" idea is stupid, then I guess you are right...
    Last edited by Zenith_Zenith; December 08, 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith View Post
    A SUGGESTION: I believe it would be very great to add Alias-names to cities (I might not say it right, how they were called, regarded) - perhaps as buildings that cannot be destroyed. For instance, Jerusalem = the Holy City of Jerusalem (very important religious city); Constantinople = The New Rome; Rome = The New Jerusalem (I've understood that Catholics regard it as such); Mecca = The Holy City of Mecca. And also to give some description about that important city.
    Um, you're not regarding the fact, that after christians take Mecca it no longer is The Holy City for them, right?

Anyway, it's taken into account in Ancillary description (King of Jerusalem blah ).

And I don't really get what you meant by building. Oh, right, don't double post: use the edit button!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziame View Post
    Um, you're not regarding the fact, that after christians take Mecca it no longer is The Holy City for them, right?

Anyway, it's taken into account in Ancillary description (King of Jerusalem blah ).

And I don't really get what you meant by building. Oh, right, don't double post: use the edit button!
    "building" means a building like barracks, church, Hagia Sophia, etc. I can't imagine how a description and the bonuses can be given otherwise.

hm... when did the christians conquer Mecca?

the problems with the "ancillary"-s are that:
    1. they have a very short description (consider how large description a building can have).
    2. there must be a governor there so you would be able to read the description and receive the bonuses.
    3. the ancillary-s do not apply to the buildings themselves, but to the governor - wherever he goes.

@Ziame
    I haven't read the previous convo but what are you talking about? You want cities or settlements with historical description?

Is it normal that I have super fast battles and units with almost no defence? Is there any way to fix it?
    "IN NOMINE XPI VINCAS SEMPER" - Au nom du Christ tu vaincras toujours.