Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions

The most prolific sub-modder here, the person doing most of the bug-fixes, and part of the SS team?

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    The most prolific sub-modder here, the person doing most of the bug-fixes, and part of the SS team?
    Not-So-Gently shoves Meneth towards updating the mentions/credits/whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    That doesn't affect the in-game pop-up, however.
    To edit that, one has to go into historical_events.txt.
    Yes i know that i was saying about the credits tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair Prince View Post
    Oh, interesting... and what are you now?
    He is the member of developer team of SS now which me and you are not.

Anyways drop it it has nothing do to with the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Anyways drop it it has nothing do to with the thread.
    No problem Ishan, I just got curious.

Back on topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Oslo isnt aa part of Norway, atleast not in early campaign, bnut they should be
    I guess Roz meant he'd make Oslo part of Norway in his own mod.
    As I see most modders here did or will do the same, and that's how it should be.

How about add a real 'late middle age' campagin?
    Current SS 6.3 early and late campagin both start during the high middle age period, and their battle tactics are idendical to each other.But the late middle age developed lots of new features in warfare like use of gunpowder and rebirth of pike phalax.All of these are worthy to play with.
    However, we have to wait hundreds of turns before the late middle age army emerge in SS 6.3. And it is painful as the turn time is really slow .
    So how about add a real 'late middle age' campagin start around 1300 or later?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

The RR/RC compilation has both a 1370 and a 1450 campaign. There are plans afoot to bring them into 6.3 I believe.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    The RR/RC compilation has both a 1370 and a 1450 campaign. There are plans afoot to bring them into 6.3 I believe.
    The 1450 is a WIP as it is a joke. Most factions are not even touched.
    There are plans though, yes, to bring it to 6.3 in a finished form.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    I think some new animations would be cool.
    There are a few cool combo strikes in Third Age Total War (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=405473) see also spoiler
    And I think I once saw a mod where they made it possible that two-handed units could chop off someonce head

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For those who want to have these new animations in SS 6.3 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=406072

Look very different. Thank you. + rep for ya mate!

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogolometro View Post
    Look very different. Thank you. + rep for ya mate!
    Yeah the animations are great but you must know it isn't me who made them

Yeah the animations are great but you must know it isn't me who made them
    Made by CA but never were implemented during it's release.

wait do you mean that these animations actually were ment to be included in SS 6.3?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

wait do you mean that these animations actually were ment to be included in SS 6.3?
    No they were made by CA but not implemented in vanilla M2TW.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Would've been cool though if SS team had a CA guy as a team member, work CA guy or else no food for you tonight.

What happened to all the pikemen and other units for Scotland? I feel that they have had a lot of units stripped away from them
    (By the way, I'm playing with Meneth's Compilation, would that have anything to do with reduced amounts of Scottish troops?)
    And of course more wonders, more historical events for early campaign and slower religious conversion rate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    (By the way, I'm playing with Meneth's Compilation, would that have anything to do with reduced amounts of Scottish troops?)
    No.

First I want to say this is a great mod and the best version so far. I do have some "observations" that I have made about 6.3 that can make it better(I think). If any of these are redundant than forgive me.
    I played as the Kievan-Rus and noticed certain glitches and things about the mod that irked me.

1-Kievan-Rus generals and especially the faction leader look nothing like their troops. They are neon red and some have the western stlye helmets. This was from ruschihi total war and I didn't like it then either. Definately think about a re-skin. They look ridiculous.
    2-I was fighting the Polish in the early campaign. It was the year 1365 and I was near Nuremburgh when I encountered a pole arm infantry unit called unlocalised placemement text. They seemed normal in every other way cept for their name.
    3-When encountering unit captains from the Fatimid Caliphate, Khawerzmians or Cuman Khanate every once in a while they would look like the Silver Surfer(shiny surface with no features). On some mounted units also. Only the captain of the squad.
    3-Pop ups tend to repeat. King is dead, enemy camp sacked etc...
    4-Marriages and births are RARE. I've sent more girls to the nunnery then I could count and even had faction leaders go childless and marriage less. What gives? Not cool-I liked the old way better. My blood line died out early in the game.
    5-Artillery and missile units fire sporadically. Sometimes they just stop when there are targets all around them. Never had a problem with this in other versions of the game.
    6-Archers just seem weakened overall. I miss my dismounted dvor. . Maybe its just me but they could use a bit more in the damage department.
    7-Luchniki and Mounted Luchniki take 3 and 4 rounds to train! I have no idea why as they're nothing special. The earlier horse archers and foot ones are actually better. Should be the other way around. The Kievan-rus missile units are not scaled from weakest to most powerful in terms of availability and I figure as time went on they'd be improved.
    8-I took Bergen from the Norwegians and later it revolted and instead of it becoming a rebel settlement it became a fully stocked Norwegian one. That really set my campaign back!
    9-I had a merchant who couldn't move. He was a 10 ranked merchant but he couldn't move. I mean the dude couldn't buy a wagon to get around considering he was making a lot of money? I dont like that feature. He was stuck till he died. I had taken him off of a resource to take out another merchant and then couldn't move him back the next round. He died in the woods-lol.
    10-Assassinations are WAY too difficult. I mean I can't even kill priests. I LOVE the assassination feature and take pride in my guys but in this version they are basically useless. Thats probably my chief complaint. I love that x-factor about the game. You never know when death will come and deal you a blow.
    11-Where are the Cossacks? The Cossacks originated from the Ukrainians and I don't have any. It's the mid 1300's and Im building like crazy but no Cossacks. Why not some horse archer cossacks besides the musket toting ones? Kievan-Rus without Cossacks is like a salad with no dressing-depressing. Nicklai Gogol is turning in his grave-lol.
    12-I have gunpowder buildings but am unable to build gunpowder units besides cannon towers and gun ships. Why is that?
    13-In the early campaign the Cuman Khanate have WAY too much land. They start off too powerful. Tone that back a bit maybe.

Great job overall. This is definately my favorite version. Keep up the great work.

WelshDragon's Avatar Miles

Just a small addition I was thinking about the other night... Since the Templars were essntially the first international banks, having a chapterhouse could boost trade or tax revenues by a small percentage.
    Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true. - Julius Ceasar

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDragon View Post
    Just a small addition I was thinking about the other night... Since the Templars were essntially the first international banks, having a chapterhouse could boost trade or tax revenues by a small percentage.
    I think this should be already in the guild, it was in the crusades campaign that is yep just checked SS 6.3 has it not for minor one but they do have it for major and HQ templar chapter houses.

WelshDragon's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I think this should be already in the guild, it was in the crusades campaign that is yep just checked SS 6.3 has it not for minor one but they do have it for major and HQ templar chapter houses.
    Ok, cool, thanks, I missed it!
    Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true. - Julius Ceasar