Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions

Get historically accurate Norwegian Borders and ownership, especially foir early campaign as it is very wrong the way it is now.
    The norwegian king around 1100 magnus barefoot Actually iwned a lot more land than only eikundarsund and Bergen, He owned all the land east to Vanern, all the outer british Isles and Conquered a large portion of ulster by 1103, so ths should definately change : Good mod btw
    Also change Bergens name to the norwegian Bjørgvin

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    In MSC, Norway owns Oslo in the Early campaign.
    Niice, but also Magnus built a fort next to Vanern shore so that would be nice to see Also maybe Some forts if not settlement on the british isles. Is it possible to add so that you gain set amount of money each turn if you own a fort cause then you could make them Mini regions on Man and Kirkwall And vanernl. Or is there a fort limit?
    Edit: When i think more about it that could be applied lots of places, for example in the rich north italy
    Last edited by Makrell; November 23, 2010 at 02:08 AM.

I think some new animations would be cool.
    There are a few cool combo strikes in Third Age Total War (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=405473) see also spoiler
    And I think I once saw a mod where they made it possible that two-handed units could chop off someonce head

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would love to see the dismounted latinikon back;
    and, even as I love most of the order skins (except the plate versions), I think it would be great if the SS-team (never thought that this abriviation could insult people?) could talk with =Vastator= cause his units are simply the most beautifull units I ever saw (see the spoiler for extra information).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    =Vastator= is the creator of a mod (in progres (I hope ...)) that is called Terra Sancta, on the site (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=371240) he show his units and, well go and look for yourself cause I simply can't find the words to discribe these masterpieces...

I'a also wondering if it is possible to:
    1. Add Iceland to the map (the Vikings (I think it were the Norse) did have a few colonies over there
    2. Someway represent the political/financial/military power the Templars and Hospitallers had over the European Kings

Please don't double post.
    Last edited by Ishan; November 23, 2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: double post

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    I would love to see the dismounted latinikon back;
    and, even as I love most of the order skins (except the plate versions), I think it would be great if the SS-team (never thought that this abriviation could insult people?) could talk with =Vastator= cause his units are simply the most beautifull units I ever saw (see the spoiler for extra information).
    2 problems:

1. Those units aren't released/finished
    2. The creator hasn't been online since September

I'a also wondering if it is possible to:
    1. Add Iceland to the map (the Vikings (I think it were the Norse) did have a few colonies over there
    Yes but it'd require moving the entire map northwards (a HUGE undertaking) and removing a region to add it.

2. Someway represent the political/financial/military power the Templars and Hospitallers had over the European Kings
    Feel free to elaborate and/or make suggestions.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Tiro

Regarding cities:

Stettin should start as rebel or HRE in Late Campaign, as Stettin moved to Poland after 2WW.

And Poland should start in Late as one city; only Kraków should be included in the Kingdom. Too bad campaign doesn't start in 1300; then it'd have a normal King and all.

What else... oh, now that you have those weird campaign builder, can't you make it so Teutonic Order in Late IS killable? Because it doesn't emerge in late... I dunno, just sayin dont be hatin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziame View Post
    What else... oh, now that you have those weird campaign builder, can't you make it so Teutonic Order in Late IS killable? Because it doesn't emerge in late... I dunno, just sayin dont be hatin.
    It already is.

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    It already is.
    Very much so. SS6.3 is a different animal from previous versions.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    It already is.

um, I have 6.3 and TO isn't mortal

And another suggestion, give Norway the correct faction leader, namely magnus barefoot, and not that Lars guy. This mod starts right between hes to camoaign againist britania so i see no problemn at keeping historical accuracy, also the Oslo, Vanern, and britsih isles thing

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    And another suggestion, give Norway the correct faction leader, namely magnus barefoot, and not that Lars guy. This mod starts right between hes to camoaign againist britania so i see no problemn at keeping historical accuracy, also the Oslo, Vanern, and britsih isles thing
    1. You can easily do it yourself, just edit descr_strat in imperial_campaign

Vanern is not a region in SS, and creating it would require removing another; same goes for this little islands alongside britain

1. You can easily do it yourself, just edit descr_strat in imperial_campaign

Vanern is not a region in SS, and creating it would require removing another; same goes for this little islands alongside britain
    I know im talkking abut expanding Oslo, But the thing is that Magnus built a fortress at vanerns shores, which should be in the mod. Also the british isles could be forts also, with garrisons foor quuick attack at britania, as that is what magnus did between 1102 qand 1104. And why i dont do it myself is because it is so easy, and i thought SS was also about historical accuracy, as people often points out. But this mod cant be called historical if they dont do so easy changes even when pointed at them

um, I have 6.3 and TO isn't mortal
    In the late era faction file, the TO is not a horde so it is mortal.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    I know im talkking abut expanding Oslo, But the thing is that Magnus built a fortress at vanerns shores, which should be in the mod. Also the british isles could be forts also, with garrisons foor quuick attack at britania, as that is what magnus did between 1102 qand 1104. And why i dont do it myself is because it is so easy, and i thought SS was also about historical accuracy, as people often points out. But this mod cant be called historical if they dont do so easy changes even when pointed at them
    If you install a mod with permanent stone forts (such as either of the RozMods) you can then place stone forts wherever you like. Oslo is included as part of Norway to begin with. I have experimented with putting forts on some of the wee british isles but they don't really come into play. However if you want to play as Norway and put garrisons there you're free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    If you install a mod with permanent stone forts (such as either of the RozMods) you can then place stone forts wherever you like. Oslo is included as part of Norway to begin with. I have experimented with putting forts on some of the wee british isles but they don't really come into play. However if you want to play as Norway and put garrisons there you're free to do so.
    Oslo isnt aa part of Norway, atleast not in early campaign, bnut they should be

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Here is my question: When I launch a new campaign, why is Meneth not included in the campaign start pop-up when it gives thanks to various people? Even if you are not using the sub-mod compilation, at the very least he should be thanked nonetheless for being responsible for the patches...

Or am I just crazy? No wait, I know I am crazy, but seriously, why is he not included? Is he at the least in the scrolling credits?

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

I wasn't involved in the creation of 6.3 itself, that's why.
    That credit list was made before release, when I was still just some random guy on here.

You can add him if you want.
    Go in the credits.txt in the data\text folder.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    You can add him if you want.
    Go in the credits.txt in the data\text folder.
    That doesn't affect the in-game pop-up, however.
    To edit that, one has to go into historical_events.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    when I was still just some random guy on here.
    Oh, interesting... and what are you now?