Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions

I have a few suggestions,
    New Factions: Sweden and Georgia or Syria or Armenia (Just another faction in the middle-east, one that may be friendly to the crusader states as I see them die too soon even with my(France) intervention) and too many times I see one Muslim faction unite all of outremer and become a super block in itself (at least til the mongols come and then they take over that role)
    Unit Roster: We have to many of the same unit with just a different picture and a few minor stats
    Suggustions, Spearmen, Prussian Axemen(just a crappier version of Dismounted Huscarls), Battlefield Assassins (fictional and useless) Peasant Archers- Peasant Crossbowmen (Militias make up for these) Reduce the Horse Archer Mercs in Anatolia Turkomans would suffice for them.
    Possible Unions: Only if Sweden and Georgia cant be implemented, Kalmar Union OR atleast Denmark-Norway and Poland-Lithuanian Common Wealth.
    Possible Emergent Faction: Instead of making Bulgaria just spawned rebels for the Eastern Roman Empire and Hungary why not just have them emerge a brand new faction (Tsardom of Bulgaria) This would make life even harder for the balkan nations (the way I like it) other than this actually the best mod out their hands down. Only one that can even come close is Third Age and that isnt Europe.

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

I agree with some things added in this thread. But what I would like to know is, if there is any possibility of adding more provinces/settlements to the map. I see a lot of open space in North Africa (Marrakesh/tripoli/Benghazi?) which could be used to add more settlements. There is also that island north of Scotland, Iceland. Could be made into a single settlement and have Norway or Norse rebels occupy it. If there are more faction slots, than I suppose they should be used. Though the game is awesome the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSantanero View Post
    I agree with some things added in this thread. But what I would like to know is, if there is any possibility of adding more provinces/settlements to the map. I see a lot of open space in North Africa (Marrakesh/tripoli/Benghazi?) which could be used to add more settlements. There is also that island north of Scotland, Iceland. Could be made into a single settlement and have Norway or Norse rebels occupy it. If there are more faction slots, than I suppose they should be used. Though the game is awesome the way it is.
    No more regions can be added without removing existing ones.

-if not creating new unit, is there possibility then change for example late musketeer's melee attack and changing outlook, that looks streltsy (but actually it isnt)? musketeers and late musks in kiev and novg...too western.

-hungarian hand cannooneers should be named as cossacks...like in reality. just change outlook like in "Ogniem i mieczem", little up melee, changing some guns to pistols (possibility to make variable weapons in group?) and voilá

-scimitars to boyars

-fyi too many gunpower units: hand cannooneer (oops arbquisier), late arg, musketeer, late musketeer. novgorod shouldnt get hand cannooneer. seems little strange when comparing with history

-I bet you know those bugs like nou elephants in custom battle (jaja, but in osme cases), and messed custom battle (sometimes without siege weapons, "all" means totally all ect)

(I know I repeat myself, wagon forts, zerkers)

some tents for sieging forces ingame?

increased possibility to get berserk retinue for norway and danes (but little less than nowrays)

spain gain ability to get inquisitors

venice should look like venice

Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    Unit Roster: We have to many of the same unit with just a different picture and a few minor stats
    Suggustions, Battlefield Assassins (fictional and useless)
    are you kidding? they're only infantry which looks medium typed eastern european sodier. unless...changing outlook of regular hungarkian swordman to asasin

and why cavarly is hell expensive?
    Last edited by ivan55599; November 09, 2010 at 12:53 PM.

gracul, can we have some sort of teaser perhaps on what to expect in SS 6.3.1?

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

I don't like teasing people.

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    I don't like teasing people.

Laetus

The map is maxed out.
    The region limit has been reached.
    The unit limit has been reached.
    The faction limit has almost been reached.
    A bigger map is not possible. Another faction might be added, but then other units have to be deleted or merged first.
    is there something that isn't to its max?. or maybe you can upgrade the capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by fpuime View Post
    is there something that isn't to its max?
    Well all the major things are i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by fpuime View Post
    or maybe you can upgrade the capacity?
    That's not possible without tampering the game.exe file which is illegal and against TWC rules.

Default make the game more playable

I find SS the best balanced mod regarding playability, complexity, balance and realism for medieval era.
    Some modes are more complicated, more unplayable however I would like here also to see the playability to be improoved.
    I don't like to play every day 4 hour a month or two a campaign and to give up the game.
    Trait and ancillary system is over over over overcomplicated by every mod.
    I read already a couple of descriptions but I still didn't understood how to raise a good administrator.
    I need more time to search resources and place merchants as to fight battles.
    Surely the merchants increase the realism but they consume a lot of time.
    1. I would like that the number of merchants would be less or they should be completely removed as in the Third Age and the trade should be like in RTW from trade between cities. Or at least this option would be nice.
    2. Trait system could be more understandable and
    3. followers should be bought simply for money. I mean an earthquake is a random event but if a governor or a general got a guard dog or a shield bearer doesn't have anything to do if he stays in a city or wins a fight or anything random.
    He just buy a dog or pay for somebody to carry his shield. And so should be implemented.
    Thanks

Default Re: make the game more playable

Well I doubt they will get rid of merchants or have an option for them anytime soon. Traits are a bit complex, but it's kind of fun reading them to get the full understanding, making you put more time into the game which I like. I do realy like number 3, and hope they implement that option in the future. Not when Shogun 2 comes out, but sometime reasonable

P.S. This probably belongs in the suggestions thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    You expect to use Assassins and NOT be considered a dreadful leader?
    It's all about honor, and stabbing someone in the dark without giving them a fair chance to fight back is about as nasty as it gets.
    Assassins = Dread. The end.
    "Lost all hope in humanity" count: 7

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

Hi, I've a few suggestions, but they might sound crazy and possibly lame and probably not possible to implement in S.S., but I'm gonna go ahead and say it.
    1. if it is possible to remove 1 province in the steppes or far east regions, that has no actual historical importance, no offense intended, and add the Island of Malta in its stead.
    2. Is there any possibility, to have a queen leading an army in the campaign map.
    The reason I'm asking this is because the kingdom of Leon and Castille and the Crown of Aragon where at 1 point, ruled by female rulers, not to mention England (anyone remember Queen Elizabeth?). And since the Byzantine/Roman Empire has two co-emperors, why not have a King and Queen for Spain and Aragon?
    3. Change the Kingdom of Denmark accent to Northern European. I don't know if there is a patch out there for it, but in my game, they have russian accent. Well, atleast the princesses and the merchants have it.
    4. Another Muslim faction would be nice. Just give them 1 or two provinces at the Southern end of the Arabian Peninsula, or just make an Ottoman Tribe/Caliph/Sultanate and drop them where ever you think they deserve to be at the start of the campaign, and yes I agree with whoever said that a Middle Eastern General should shout "Allah uh Akbar!!!" at the end of his speach, or at least have tough muslim units shout it when they charge or are attacking.
    5. And last, I don't know if it was modded this way, or if it is hard coded, but sometimes I bribe rebel generals, but they do not show in the family tree. Or make it possible to have your princess marry a rebel general. It would be funny to have a Muslim Son in Law in a christian faction Family tree, or an infidel in a Muslim one.
    Last edited by LiquidSantanero; November 11, 2010 at 12:29 AM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Queens aren't possible in M2TW.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

1. if it is possible to remove 1 province in the steppes or far east regions, that has no actual historical importance, no offense intended, and add the Island of Malta in its stead.
    Yes its possible drop by mod workshop you know the place and i'll tell you 2 mins job.

2. Is there any possibility, to have a queen leading an army in the campaign map.
    The reason I'm asking this is because the kingdom of Leon and Castille and the Crown of Aragon where at 1 point, ruled by female rulers, not to mention England (anyone remember Queen Elizabeth?). And since the Byzantine/Roman Empire has two co-emperors, why not have a King and Queen for Spain and Aragon?
    Like CC said earlier not possible.
    Though a female strat model and battle model with a hidden married trait(so that female(male) doesn't gets a female marriage proposal.
    Some mod has it Joan of Arc can't remember.

3. Change the Kingdom of Denmark accent to Northern European. I don't know if there is a patch out there for it, but in my game, they have russian accent. Well, atleast the princesses and the merchants have it.
    Search around for accents i have posted on how to change it here.

4. Another Muslim faction would be nice. Just give them 1 or two provinces at the Southern end of the Arabian Peninsula, or just make an Ottoman Tribe/Caliph/Sultanate and drop them where ever you think they deserve to be at the start of the campaign, and yes I agree with whoever said that a Middle Eastern General should shout "Allah uh Akbar!!!" at the end of his speach, or at least have tough muslim units shout it when they charge or are attacking.
    Not possible even if we add new faction we need new units but the max capacity 500 has reached. About the sound "Allah uh Akbar!!!" its possible, edit the mp3 and subtitle in game and done.

5. And last, I don't know if it was modded this way, or if it is hard coded, but sometimes I bribe rebel generals, but they do not show in the family tree. Or make it possible to have your princess marry a rebel general. It would be funny to have a Muslim Son in Law in a christian faction Family tree, or an infidel in a Muslim one.
    Bribed generals are not a part of a family tree its the way it works and should be like it only adoption does that.
    And princess marry a rebel general. Already told here.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Not possible even if we add new faction we need new units but the max capacity 500 has reached.
    I'm working on deleting ahistorical units, and merging units in MSC, so soon we'll be below the limit again. Hopefully far enough below that adding another faction would be possible.

It is possible. I've added Sweden in

Wasn't that just in your Baltic campaign, though?
    And don't they mostly use the same units as Denmark and Norway?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Meneth,
    Sweden replaces Ireland in 6.1 Early & Late Campaign and the roster is very different to Norway & Denmark

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

As Navajo Joe said, I've got Sweden in the two standard SS campaigns as well as my Baltic campaign. And no they dont have the same roster as their Scandinavian neighbours. I added in a dozen units for Sweden, but some of those are part of the Norwegian and Danish rosters too.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    As Navajo Joe said, I've got Sweden in the two standard SS campaigns as well as my Baltic campaign. And no they dont have the same roster as their Scandinavian neighbours. I added in a dozen units for Sweden, but some of those are part of the Norwegian and Danish rosters too.
    Okay.
    Hmm... maybe I'll add in Sweden later in MSC... Could I use your units?