Page 12 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Yeah if the world folder can be replaced then those files can also be replaced and that infact can enable a lot of campaigns not just two. Different everything factions etc. But thats a lot of work.
    I was answering when two tabs are available in the menu like it was in 6.1.
    Everything in the data folder can be replaced AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Everything in the data folder can be replaced AFAIK.
    Yes that's what i have said earlier and it's basically a setup that replaces files etc and thus you can place file anywhere that is any directory.

does it really need two "world" complete folders? or just a few files that can be copy-pasted into the world folder using something like "ss_setup.exe"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith View Post
    does it really need two "world" complete folders? or just a few files that can be copy-pasted into the world folder using something like "ss_setup.exe"?
    There's campaign folders in data\campaign, where you can put any file associated with that campaign.
    So you'd just have to give each of the two (or 4, if you're using MSC) campaign folders separate EDU and EDB files.

some general suggestions, nothing too technical....
    i think the supply system turns should be shortened. i've never run into a real supply problem. of course, the perpetual turn time problem, but i think we can live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

omen1710's Avatar Libertus

Because of new trait system of SS, the prebattle speech of generals are corrupted(generals can talk only one_linear general speech). This problem should be fixed. I tried but I couldn't solve the problem. I think, the modders of SS may solve this problem. It shouldn't be hard for the modders.

Foederatus

yes but the crusader states weren't united (although the KOJ had some influence over everybody) like in the game.
    I proposed that as the Latin Empire was created wth the 4th crusade and was originally intended to go to the Holy Land. It's not very good to have them as rebels so I came up with this.
    Not intended to insult or anything, just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Endogamy sounds like marrying anus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Some people literally believe that Jesus was just... "beamed" out of Mary into her arms. I wish I was joking.

Why do the Crusader States have that Paple States banners in the Regiments

Quote Originally Posted by Continental Marine View Post
    Why do the Crusader States have that Paple States banners in the Regiments
    This is Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions. Please do a search, this has been discussed before, and this topic is not the place for it.

Tiro

Can the capitals be a bit more like in Empire? I mean, of ANY significance?

I know, that we can't do anything like in Empire, situtations with no capital but series of traits/events could be nice.
    Like:
    Leader trait : Lost the Capital (This Leader lost the capital of his country during his reign [-4 authority, -2 command, -1 morale; +3 unrest throughout country, -20% income income])
    and Regained the Capital (This leader has lost the capital of his country, but managed to get it back [nullify the Lost the Capital, -1 authority])

Conquered a Capital (This general has conquered a capital of foreign country [+2 authority, +1 command, +1 morale, +1 chivalry, -1 unrest])
    On the other hand, scratch that. with the transferable capitals it's undoable logically

Oh, and of course, Offends the Nobles trait has to be hardcored

Byzantine archers - can something be added to their unit roster for outside of the middle east/north africa as, other than toxitae (spelling) they have none, which is.. well, not well thought through.

Quote Originally Posted by philipjd View Post
    Byzantine archers - can something be added to their unit roster for outside of the middle east/north africa as, other than toxitae (spelling) they have none, which is.. well, not well thought through.
    They have Mourtatoi in regions like Greece and Turkey, but I'll agree that outside of that(Mourtatoi are AoR!), they are a bit lacking in professional archers.
    I'll give that they rarely had native archers historically, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    They have Mourtatoi in regions like Greece and Turkey, but I'll agree that outside of that(Mourtatoi are AoR!), they are a bit lacking in professional archers.
    I'll give that they rarely had native archers historically, but still.
    Personally I like the AoR in Mourtatoi but...
    recruit_pool "Mourtatoi" 1 0.17 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource byzantium
    recruit_pool "Mourtatoi" 0 0.085 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource turks
    just remove "and hidden_resource byzantium/turks" after those (and similar) entries in the edb and you should be set.

Well, then you have to remove one of those two lines, or else you'll get duplicate entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Well, then you have to remove one of those two lines, or else you'll get duplicate entries.
    In the building listing, not the recruitment list. Really a minor cosmetic aspect but yeah.

some traits for important things that the king did, or happened during his reign would be great. I don't remember if I said this before.

Laetus

i think it would be awesome more civilizations, settlements and larger map. maybe more asia? or africa?. settlements are really important in my opinion.

The map is maxed out.
    The region limit has been reached.
    The unit limit has been reached.
    The faction limit has almost been reached.
    A bigger map is not possible. Another faction might be added, but then other units have to be deleted or merged first.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Capitals can be made more important.
    use the capital hidden_resource for select locations - make top level buildings available only in those settlements.
    have government buildings that give faction wide bonuses there too.
    --
    advert over.