Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions

Ah, and there's your free faction slot.
    New Islamic faction gogogo?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    Ah, and there's your free faction slot.
    New Islamic faction gogogo?
    Yes, but there is a catch. Unit slots limit is reached and any new faction would have to consist of current units in SS 6.3. There are couple of threads about freeing some slots by removing or merging some units so we could give new faction some unique units.

Foederatus

Default Wonders

Hello

New member but a long time lurker here.
    I would l like to make a suggestion for this great mod. I love the wonders in EB and BC and was pleasantly surprised to see them in SS. However there are only eight. Can there be more wonders in the next versions?
    Some proposals:

- Basilica of St Peter in Rome (the old one built by Constantine)
    - The Great Umayyad Mosque in Damascus
    - Cathedral of St Sophia in Novgorod
    - The Golden Gate of Kiev
    - The Mosque of the Prophet in Medina
    - Cathedral of Speyer (The church of the HRE emperors)
    It would make this great mod even better!

Maestro Ugo's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Wonders

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Godwinson View Post
    Hello

I would l like to make a suggestion for this great mod. I love the wonders in EB and BC and was pleasantly surprised to see them in SS. However there are only eight. Can there be more wonders in the next versions?
    Some proposals:

Hello to you too, Harold.

These kind of suggestions are better suited in the SS6.3 suggestions thread which is stickied at the top. As a matter of fact there was recently talk about the very subject you bring up.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Tired of rampant corruption? Try ICS - Improved Corruption System for TATW3.1.

Ottheinrich's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Wonders

I would realy love to see Speyer in the game!

Foederatus

Hello

Some proposals:

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Endogamy sounds like marrying anus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Some people literally believe that Jesus was just... "beamed" out of Mary into her arms. I wish I was joking.

Hello

Some proposals:

Cool wonder ideas! These should definitely be included in the game!

How about forts not disappearing after 1 turn when they have no units, how about having them degrade slowly over a few turns (say adding 10-15% damage to the walls each turn) and then they disappear, or if thats not possible maybe just upping theyre price abit as theyre a bit overpowered atm.

Danya82's Avatar Tiro

Great mod , glad to play it, but one thing, wanna here Ireland, is this possible to make a small mod or may be just add Ireland in order of SS 6.3?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Danya82 View Post
    Great mod , glad to play it, but one thing, wanna here Ireland, is this possible to make a small mod or may be just add Ireland in order of SS 6.3?
    You can add them back in if you want but you would have to find room in the EDU for their units (as they were also removed). Adding in a faction is a reasonably sized (but fairly straightforward) task but there are tutorials on how to do it in the Mod Workshop if you want to give it a go.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Hi,
    I was wondering if you could AT LEAST add in the Chi-Rho sign for Byzantium somewhere. Because currently I continue to see the "Double Headed Eagle" which is quite inaccurate for the Byzantines, at least for the Early Era Campaign.
    Here is an excerpt from a book called, "Lost to the West" by Lars Brownworth:

Knowing the value of propaganda the emperor [Michael VIII; who recaptured Constantinople], designed a new flag and sent it fluttering from every parapet and tower in the city. Though the eagle had been the symbol of the Roman Empire since Gaius Marius had chosen it thirteen hundred years before, most banners before Michael bore either Constantine's cross or the Chi-Rho-the first two Greek letters of Christ's name. Now the emperor added a great golden eagle, double-headed with two crowns-one for the interim capital of Nicaea and one for Constantinople. Those who saw it could swell with pride and remind themselves that Byzantium had been a mighty empire embraced two continents, looking both east and west.

Thanks!

6.3 already has the Chi-Rho symbol for the Romans.

Foederatus

Another thing I noticed was that the Crusader States cannot recruit Teutonic Knights (they aren't in custom battle). They should be in as they were more important than the St Lazarus Knights.
    The Crusader States should also control the Latin Empire in Late Era.
    One last thing, is there a possibility of gaining the title ''Caliph''. If not, it sholud definetly be in as the Abbasid Caliph was still religiously very important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Endogamy sounds like marrying anus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Some people literally believe that Jesus was just... "beamed" out of Mary into her arms. I wish I was joking.

Another thing I noticed was that the Crusader States cannot recruit Teutonic Knights (they aren't in custom battle). They should be in as they were more important than the St Lazarus Knights.
    Add ownership to the unit in the EDB, EDU and BMDB making the Teutons available to the crusader states. A thorough 10 mins work.
    One last thing, is there a possibility of gaining the title ''Caliph''. If not, it sholud definetly be in as the Abbasid Caliph was still religiously very important.
    You can make a custom trait that gives the epithet the Caliph to every faction leader that pops for them.

Not really. The Latin Empire was a separate identity from the Crusader States of the Holy Land.

Ottheinrich's Avatar Libertus

I hope this is the right thread for this:
    After reading in Wikipedia (yeah, not the most reliable source ) I started wondering, shouldn't the patronym of the 'kings' of the kievan rus, in the early campaign, be "Vladimirovich" instead of "Yaroslavich"?

Atleast Mstislav I and Yaropolk II both, as sons of Vladimir - who himself was a "Vsevoldovich" - were "Vladimirovichs".

I know, it's really just a minor thing, but it really makes me wonder why the kievan royal family is called "Yaroslavich" instead of "Vladimirovich".
    Last edited by Ottheinrich; October 30, 2010 at 09:48 AM.

I have a suggestion. please tell me what you think about it.
    there is a problem with too few free slots available for units (you cannot add new units), as we know it.

My suggestion is the following: split the campaigns in two. I know there is already a split in two, but I refer to something different:
    - the first campaign to be in early era (e.g. 1000, 1054) and to evolve until the fire powder. Thus, there will be a lot of slots freed by eliminating the gunpowder units and the ones that come in that age.
    - the second campaign to be in late era (whenever you think it should start) with fewer units of early era (units that became obsolete in that period should be removed).

I think that would be great. This should satisfy those who love early era and don't like gun powder, and should also satisfy those who love late era.
    what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith View Post
    I have a suggestion. please tell me what you think about it.
    there is a problem with too few free slots available for units (you cannot add new units), as we know it.

My suggestion is the following: split the campaigns in two. I know there is already a split in two, but I refer to something different:
    - the first campaign to be in early era (e.g. 1000, 1054) and to evolve until the fire powder. Thus, there will be a lot of slots freed by eliminating the gunpowder units and the ones that come in that age.
    - the second campaign to be in late era (whenever you think it should start) with fewer units of early era (units that became obsolete in that period should be removed).

I think that would be great. This should satisfy those who love early era and don't like gun powder, and should also satisfy those who love late era.
    what do you think?
    The thing is one can make 2 campaigns separately no doubt but they share the same EDU file containing all the units from it.
    So it's not possible in the second case that you mentioned that remove the early era units as then one can't make the first one playable.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    The thing is one can make 2 campaigns separately no doubt but they share the same EDU file containing all the units from it.
    So it's not possible in the second case that you mentioned that remove the early era units as then one can't make the first one playable.
    It's entirely possible to have different EDB and EDU files for SS6.3 campaigns, due to the SMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    It's entirely possible to have different EDB and EDU files for SS6.3 campaigns, due to the SMM.
    Yeah if the world folder can be replaced then those files can also be replaced and that infact can enable a lot of campaigns not just two. Different everything factions etc. But thats a lot of work.
    I was answering when two tabs are available in the menu like it was in 6.1.