Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45479949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2111

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Will any of the 2D imagery be getting revamped for 7.0 at all? (Buildings, event images, splash screens etc)

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What would be nice is a partial ZOR.

If Egypt for example expands into Western Europe it could get access to generic Western European units at half the replenishment speed and have access to their our units at only half the replenishment rate.

The map should be sliced in zones : Western Europe , Eastern Europe , Italy , Iberia , Africa , British Isles , Scandinavia , Middle East and Rus with generic units for all of those.

This would help quite a lot with giving nice RP value and realism.

It`s quite a lot of work but I think it would be a nice addition.

Edit. 3000th post YEY.
    Last edited by ShockBlast; June 10, 2013 at 02:17 PM.

Shadibadoo's Avatar Tiro

This has been bothering me about SS for quite some time: in the late era campaign, the Fatimid Dynasty should be renamed the Ayyubid Dynasty. Portraying the Fatimids as having survived into the 13th century (and even later depending on the campaign) is a truly egregious error. The Fatimids (a Shia kingdom) were overthrown in a coup d'etat by Saladin in 1174. Saladin was a Sunni, and so was his sultanate. The late era begins in 1220, a full 50 years after the Fatimids collapsed.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet but it's definitely worth noting and shouldn't be much of a hassle to fix. It's akin to calling the Papal States "The Roman Empire" because Rome was the seat of both powers. It's a terrible mistake haha.

Anyway, Stainless Steel is great and I'm super excited for SS7.

I don't know if this has been suggested or if it's even possible to implement but the original Medieval had titles that appeared on the campaign map as a little scroll that could be allocated very easily by just dragging and dropping. In the later stages of the game when your original generals are in far off lands and they start to die from old age or war it can take quite a while to sort out the titles and with each turn being one year it can mean valuable time that could be spent otherwise gaining the important traits to set your general up to be a valuable asset to the royal family.

Icon3 Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions - The Portuguese Military Orders

Mr. ZAP's Avatar Libertus

Something I was wondering about that was confirmed by Honga is how only certain factions can get the "King/Ruler of" retinue traits, like "King of Britain" only being available to England and "King of Spain" only being available to Castile/Leon and Aragon. While it's certainly ahistorical, gameplay wise it's perfectly possible for say, the Moors to conquer all of Iberia (I've seen it happen myself). Why can't they get the "King of Spain" title (or, better yet, King of Iberia for conquering the entire peninsula? Why can't England get not only "King of Britain" but also the "King of France" title if they conquer all of France, as an added incentive for doing so? It would add to the prestige of the Faction Leader and the nation. Since there is a retinue slot cap, you could make them transferable to favored generals to show their standing in the empire, as long as the FL keeps the one for the home region. Maybe doing so could lower loyalty a bit since they now act as stewards of their own realm, while also adding significant administrative bonuses?

Aside from that, there are several factions that don't have any "King of" equivalents (at least in 6.1, which is as far as Honga goes to) like all of the Italian and Islamic factions. This seems to be rather unfair to me. Why can't there be something for conquering all of the Levant, or all of North Africa or Italy? Some of them like "Holy Roman Emperor" only work for one faction, but you could just change the name to "Emperor of Germany" or something for the non HRE factions, which seems completely doable since the different lord titles for cities have the names changed (Duke or Caliph, for example).

I think something like this would add a bit more to the role-play aspect of the game, as well as some nice prestige perks for conquering entire regions. It would also help balance things a bit for the factions that don't get any of these retinue slots.

i love this mod but i'm hoping for venice to get a unique militia unit like genoa in ver 7
    maybe a militia version of a mace infantry or something else
    i mean venice and genoa are suppose to have the best militia unit in the game

I suggest adding a scrollbar to the submod manager submods selection window, currently the UI expands verticaly the more submods you have till the point it gets out of your screen and gets practically impossible to click the "OK" button

enough space for an army to go along the coast from Acre to Tortosa would be appreciated

question guys if I want to transfer a skin of a unit from one faction to another say persian spearmen, from kwarzem to Egypt how would i do it? I get the model, but the model is not skinned

xRossTheBossx's Avatar Foederatus

Maybe instead of having just a Early and Late Campaign, you can add a High period Campaign

- Early starts around 1100
    - High starts around 1250
    - Late starts around 1400

Quote Originally Posted by xRossTheBossx View Post
    Maybe instead of having just a Early and Late Campaign, you can add a High period Campaign

- Early starts around 1100
    - High starts around 1250
    - Late starts around 1400
    totally agree, i always wanted to unleash the power of the serpentines but never got that far into a campaign (reached 1400 only once with England)

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions!

I think the "culture" system of the britain campaign of k8ngdoms should be implemented in the main campaign along with religion.

Also i think my orders should be more important for the units, i hate when i send my cav to attack a certain especific target and what they do is run in the opposite direction to charge against a wall of pikes or when archers trying to save their lives from melee combat run straight to their deaths and they keep running no matter how much i order them to move to another position that has no enemies.

I believe that some of the tracks in this video could be added as a musical background:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_gZ-h2X9Y

And this theme for the Mongols:

damn it they took down the video. Will try to find another copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilcharlie View Post

Also i think my orders should be more important for the units, i hate when i send my cav to attack a certain especific target and what they do is run in the opposite direction to charge against a wall of pikes or when archers trying to save their lives from melee combat run straight to their deaths and they keep running no matter how much i order them to move to another position that has no enemies.
    You should play a less realistic game where troops act like robots.

druzhina345
    Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by druzhina345 View Post
    You should play a less realistic game where troops act like robots.

druzhina345
    Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers
    Yeah because running towards a wall of pikes is completely realistic.

The game takes alredy many liberties when it comes to that kind of stuff, is alredy unrealistic enough so something like this wouldn't matter in that sense.

And i don't mean like robots i mean the opposite the AI is the problem here, many times my unis r7n straight to their deaths of artillery aiming where my troops are even when i tell thwm otherwise.

My two cents for v6.4:

a) RenameTrebizond_Province to Pontus and Kutaisi_Province to Lazica.

b) In the “Great People Ancillaries” section of each campaign script there is only one monitor. Add a“terminate_monitor” after the line which issues the last command. That is, if I'm not wrong, the last
    “great person” that can appear is michaelangelo; so you can terminate the monitor in these lines

For early campaign one:
    Code:
    if I_TurnNumber = 464
    set_event_counter michaelangelo_in 0 terminate_monitor
    end_if
    For late campaign:
    Code:
    if I_TurnNumber = 344
    set_event_counter michaelangelo_in 0 terminate_monitor
    end_if

I wonder if the issue with archers (or any skirmishers) is related to to the skirmish mode being enabled. If you disable skirmish, then they run pretty much where you tell them, but if the skirmish is "on" then they run a different pattern where they can't move too close to enemy units. This happens with horse archers too. Arty, yeah they will shoot your own troops - you need to disable "fire at will" and then select the target, I found that to help.

I've played well past 200 turns and conquered most of the Europe. I'd like to keep going because I want the late units. But, it is not very challenging anymore, even though the challenge lasted longer than the vanilla.
    So, I thought it would be good to have "re-emerging" rebellions, with the factions that were eliminated coming back to life, with multiple stack of armies. And I don't mean as the grey rebels, but actual French, Spanish, English, etc. led by an "usurper".
    I think Medieval 1 had some of that, or maybe even MTW2... So far I only had the Teutonic order reappear once.