Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5176919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2111

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Get a batter PC then.
    why? I will rather play shogun 2, skyrim or far cry 3 on max details ...mod is good, but its an overkill

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Nah, I can play all those max and i have very fast turn times.

Toxin12's Avatar Civis

Hey guys, I don't know if this thread is still open for suggestions, but here is one anyway. I think that all regions should be given the individual option to be autonomous and as well that there should be an event every 10-20 years maybe that allows you to change the crown laws for your entire faction, perhaps with either high or low getting there own bonuses and costs (like in money and more control for a high crown law and more loyalty and tribute with a lower).

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin12 View Post
    Hey guys, I don't know if this thread is still open for suggestions, but here is one anyway. I think that all regions should be given the individual option to be autonomous and as well that there should be an event every 10-20 years maybe that allows you to change the crown laws for your entire faction, perhaps with either high or low getting there own bonuses and costs (like in money and more control for a high crown law and more loyalty and tribute with a lower).
    I think you're looking for the crusader kings forum
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Toxin12's Avatar Civis

"I think you're looking for the crusader kings forum"

Haha no I am talking well enough about Stainless Steel my friend and I know for a fact that these things are indeed possible.

Custom Voice acting would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin12 View Post
    "I think you're looking for the crusader kings forum"

Haha no I am talking well enough about Stainless Steel my friend and I know for a fact that these things are indeed possible.
    Not really.

Toxin12's Avatar Civis

"Not really."

Well I know that the latter part may or may not be feasible but I know that it could be made to give the option of any region being autonomous.

What does that even mean. Auto-Manage is effectively that.

Toxin12's Avatar Civis

Like in the 1st 7.0 preview, where each autonomous region give certain bonuses and tribute in exchange for your control of the region (and as such the respective region's autonomy)

It mentions 4 regions, it appears to be a forced auto-manage with certain bonuses given to the city that gets it.

Toxin12's Avatar Civis

Yes I know it only mentions four, that is what I mean when I say that all regions could be made that way. It also says that it is up to the player whether or not it is activated.

Civis

Isn't there any SS 7.0 suggestions thread?

1) There is no garrison script in Stainless Steele but I'd like to see an optional garrison script in SS 7.0 which adds five units of peasant infantry to besieged settlements. For the authenticity of the mod I think it would be good with at least letting some citizens of the settlements defend their home. The citizens are no soldiers so using peasant units represent the citizens would be fair I guess. But that script should work not only in the situation of Player against AI or AI against AI but also AI against Player. And the script should work if the settlement was defended by less than x units and was besieged by more than x units.

2) Armies were earlier often followed by a priest to give the soldiers the "blessing" of God (Armies still are because the freaking priests still haven't understood that God doesn't support their soldiers). Maybe that could be added in version 7.0 of the mod?

Having a priest in the army could maybe have the effect that the army units have some extra boost to their zeal and not rout too easily. If that is not a possibility it could maybe be used as an achillary to a general and boost his piety, dread or something which would be of a benefit in battle.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Pethom View Post

1) There is no garrison script in Stainless Steele but I'd like to see an optional garrison script in SS 7.0 which adds five units of peasant infantry to besieged settlements. For the authenticity of the mod I think it would be good with at least letting some citizens of the settlements defend their home. The citizens are no soldiers so using peasant units represent the citizens would be fair I guess. But that script should work not only in the situation of Player against AI or AI against AI but also AI against Player. And the script should work if the settlement was defended by less than x units and was besieged by more than x units.

2) Armies were earlier often followed by a priest to give the soldiers the "blessing" of God (Armies still are because the freaking priests still haven't understood that God doesn't support their soldiers). Maybe that could be added in version 7.0 of the mod?

Having a priest in the army could maybe have the effect that the army units have some extra boost to their zeal and not rout too easily. If that is not a possibility it could maybe be used as an achillary to a general and boost his piety, dread or something which would be of a benefit in battle.
    Priest : not sure if that can work, I have wanted to try that though, that's how it works in Shogun 2 but the only known effect of agents tagging along with army so far seem to be that spy can help reduce chances of getting spied on / assassinated .

But it is entirely possible that we've simply overlooked this possibility all these years.

Edit : damn it didn't work, I thought so ... doh. I tried both traits and Ancillary and it doesn't work, though you can make a priest ancillary to that effect.
    Last edited by RollingWave; February 03, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

The only suggestion I have is to make a Renaissance era campaign for SS. Even the "late" campaign isn't very late it starts you off in 1220. I just want to play with pikes and heavy cavalry and plate armor and guns and cannons but there's no submods or campaigns for it in 6.4.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Pethom View Post

There is a garrison script, it just doesn't work in that way.

I suppose the priest following the army is conveyed by some generals having bishops etc as ancillaries, you could quite easily have a priest ancillary that gives +1 to troop morale or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    There is a garrison script, it just doesn't work in that way.

I suppose the priest following the army is conveyed by some generals having bishops etc as ancillaries, you could quite easily have a priest ancillary that gives +1 to troop morale or something.
    The downside is that there is a limit of 8 ancillary that a character can carry, though maybe there's still some other ways we could look into that.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Also, I searched around a bit, while you can not directly give attributes to agents that give the desire alternative bonus (like giving troops morale) you CAN set a trigger that give general a trait for such a bonus when a priest is in their army.

ceretic's Avatar Centenarius

My biggest problem with the mod thus far has been a map where the frontiers between regions don't correlate with real maps of Europe... they do "roughly" but this isn't enough for me, I want them to quite acurately. I wonder if this newest patch has started correcting this? The ORIGINAL game had an accurate map (check out the borders of Bohemia, Burgundy, Austria, Silesia etc) which both "looked" right to anyone with a basic grasp of Medieval European history and were very close to factual correctness. In some cases the borders of places like Bohemia, for example, had/have not changed for 1,000 years so these things need to be right... also, in many TW mods the borders are hastily drawn lines and don't reflect realities... please can we have someone compare the map for Stainless with a map for Europe c.1300 and make amendments?

Original Map

Europe 1350

"Morydd left not one man of the army alive, but ordered each to be brought before him, one after another, to be killed and then flayed; and he rested for a short while, and then had the others to be flayed alive and afterwards burned." Ystorya Brenhined y Brytanyeit, Jesus MS. LXI

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Also, I searched around a bit, while you can not directly give attributes to agents that give the desire alternative bonus (like giving troops morale) you CAN set a trigger that give general a trait for such a bonus when a priest is in their army.
    That works then.

A couple of people in the DotS team have been toying around with the idea of implementing "laws" - similar to the "dilemmas" in Shogun 2 or even the existing things in SS (great tournaments etc), you could choose to pass a law or not which gives a set of traits to existing generals. So you could choose to allow religious authority which would positively affect piety but negatively affect loyalty of all generals, etc.