Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions

Well, it would be nice if other strong units (Knights etc.) would actually kill them if the bodyguard get charged in the rear while beeing occupied by Spearmen in the front.
    Right now, the only cost effective way to kill Bodyguards are javelin Cavalry.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Mightypeon View Post
    Well, it would be nice if other strong units (Knights etc.) would actually kill them if the bodyguard get charged in the rear while beeing occupied by Spearmen in the front.
    Right now, the only cost effective way to kill Bodyguards are javelin Cavalry.
    Or crossbowmen.
    Or regular javelin men.
    Both peasant crossbowmen and akritae devastate a General's Bodyguard if they hit it from the side or the rear.

it is funny how a faction can recruit a unit with "heavy mail" when the faction does not posses such blacksmiths (that produces it). can something be done about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Or crossbowmen.
    Or regular javelin men.
    Both peasant crossbowmen and akritae devastate a General's Bodyguard if they hit it from the side or the rear.
    actually, the best way to kill general's bodyguard is to use siphonotores :)) well, this is valid only if you're with the romans: but they are devastating against them :))
    Last edited by Zenith_Zenith; October 25, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

another suggestion: can you put for muslim factions, in battle mod, after the general has finished his speech or somewhere, "allahu akbar!" shouts? that should be fun! :))))

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith View Post
    actually, the best way to kill general's bodyguard is to use siphonotores ) well, this is valid only if you're with the romans: but they are devastating against them )
    Ofc, but that's only a valid tactic with 1 faction.
    For everyone else, crossbowmen and javelinmen (though not all factions have these) is the easiest way.

I have a suggestion regarding map. East of Trebizond but before Kuthasi there is a passage leading inland. At the entrance to the passage armies can move to the part of those very steep mountains and Turks always position their army on that spot. Fighting battle there is very annoying because if I attack them from the west I can deploy at the base of the mountain and they are positioned on the top and if I attack them from the east situation is reversed. Problem is that the plato on top is connected to the base of the mountain only with one winding narrow passage. Can someone fix this either by removing the plato on top or by adding more wider passages to it.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

What's the problem with that?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

If I attack from the east I just sit at the top and decimate them with arrows. If I attack from the west all of my troops get exhausted before I even get to them and it takes too much time even to get to the passage. Most of the time they play dumb and come running down the mountain and get slauthered one unit at the time. It's boring and AI never really takes advantage of the terrain.

Tiro

Default We need more creative modding

Well after playing the Third Age Total War and Napoleon TW i have come to a conclusion that we need more creative events to make SS6.3 a world class mod.If youll have played Victoria 2 then youll will understand what i mean to say.If there was a mod that could give us many in game events and also permanent alliances for a duration of 100 turns would also suffice.... we could also have a truce for about 10 turns constant in which neither factions can declare war against each other.. there is one thing to be noted that whenever we have allies and we declare ware against another faction neutral to both then we should get a option where we can ask our ally to declare war also

My second point is that no doubt the modders have done a excellent job securing the medieval time battles but the campaign is still poorly developed. I mean we should get more medieval authentic events like recruiting a general that acts like a family member like in Napoleon TW so that one can have a defence in case of an attack.I know that in Late Era we can recruit generals but i dont think that really helps the battle... I mean each city without a governor should have a puppet general of the army that is stationed there so that in case of a counter attack the city can hold till re-enforcements arrive....

Also in Medieval time many family trees were intermixed.If we could get cousins to marry each other then we would not have to worry about getting a suitable bride...

I dont know if this is even possible but if it is possible i wish that the modding community do something about it..is not CA not doing anything about it????

Don't make separate threads about it. If you have a Suggestion then post it here.

If there will be an SS6.4 version (will there be?), I would recommend having more wonders of the world buildings, for different civ's to build, I like how you can already build Notre Dame in this game, but also how you have Hagia Sophia in this game. There are still quite a few notable wonders which have been left out, like for example, it would be nice if you could have Westminister Abby already built in London, but then you could "improve it", like make it bigger, like what happened historically

Tiro

@neha

Princesses can marry cousins.

@The Turk

I don't know if there isn't a limit to wonders (fe. only eight); though special building for each faction would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ziame View Post
    I don't know if there isn't a limit to wonders (fe. only eight); though special building for each faction would be cool
    There is no limit to it if the building tree is not >=128 in the EDB file.

I think the limiting factor here would be the hidden ressources.

So I'm a bit confused, can you or can you not add extra wonders, like Westminister, and others?

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    So I'm a bit confused, can you or can you not add extra wonders, like Westminister, and others?
    Yes it is possible. But as Ishan pointed out, the limit to the number of building trees in the EDB is 128 and as bane said, the limit to hidden resources is 64. So long as SS is within those limits, then yes other wonders can be added.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Yes u can.

Edit
    CC beat me to it.

Cool! So has there been any motions to add in other "wonders" for certain cities to build?
    Also whats the extra faction that will be added, instead of the Irish, now that their slot has been opened up?

I believe the Timurids are back in place of Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    I believe the Timurids are back in place of Ireland.
    Yes but there is still a faction slot free because the Templars and KoJ were merged.