Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions!

Hi,just to say a big well done on this brill mod. I've added the 6TPLY,plus season and age change,since this (IMO only) gives a better feel to the game.ie some units take upto 4-8 turns to produce. Also maybe have different ships on main map to different countries. As I'm using that fine mod "Quinqiverem_Romana" as my current England game.How about every time the movement ends for your army it changes from knight to Temporary Army Camp,like in RTW the comander says "build camp". And if possible if attacked by another army while in camp,the battle begines with the army in a RTW type camp,this would only happen to the army if its in another countries lands. This would help the defenders of that country to inital deployment gain,forcing the aggressors army to "sally out" of temp camp. Note the camp would have no fence to protect aggressors army. Giving the battles to be either each army is on the the boardes ready to fight (both start as normal). Or an army deep in anothers land,and attacked by deffenders. Of course it would be the normal set up if an army attacked another army/town if within its movement points. Sorry about the long letter.

Tiro

that wouldn't be very hisorically-accurate as medieval armies just made camps with tents: opposite to roman legions' temporary forts built at every march-end.

I agree my friend,however I did say "Note no fences" I was thinking of say, a set up of small watchtowers in a square and tents facing in to create a wall,joining up the watchtowers. The army would be placed in this,(unless somebody can create tents to which X amount of the army comes out). Then allow the tents to be able to be burned/removed if attacked to allow access/exit to the army. This could be a set up for say night battles.I'm sure there must have been some battles at night,while an army was camped,or maybe it's just me wanting to give the edge to the home team

Just a single suggestion for this great mod:

Playing the Ottomans, you can recruit heavy archers and ottoman infantry, but if you compare them, the ottoman infantry becomes obsolete (lower range damage and armor).
    Wouldn't it be more unique to remove heavy archers from the turkish pool and therefore improve the ottoman infantry at least in their range damage (5 instead of 4)? So they can compete with Mourtatoi and other advanced archers.
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.

ly0_ly0's Avatar Miles

Hey guys! Yesterday i got to play Roma Serrectum a little and was blown away by the water effects and awesome ship models!And i was wondering if you guys are going to implement something simmiliar in SS ?

I'm a rep whore so rep me already

Artifex

I would like to see major reforms of muslim factions roster, maybe except for Khwarezmians who are decent. Possibly with imported BC units if it is allowed. Lithuania could use some more militia, crossbowmen perhaps.

The following units should be removed or changed very much;
    Sherwood archers - come on, why on earth are they kept? They are a fictional interpretation of whatever archers that may have resided in Sherwood. This is Stainless Steel, not a fairy tale of Robin Flashheart Hood and his merry men
    Scots guard - longbowmen with that kind of plate armour is not realistic. The (very small) scots guard that existed would hardly be archers. Remove it or change to a melee unit I say.
    Obudshaer - totally unrealistic, Denmark did not field plated elite halberd companies. Judging by the name it is meant to depict the relatively strong peasant levy that existed in Scandinavia. Remove or change to weaker, earlier kind of polearm unit.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Maltacus View Post
    I would like to see major reforms of muslim factions roster, maybe except for Khwarezmians who are decent. Possibly with imported BC units if it is allowed. Lithuania could use some more militia, crossbowmen perhaps.

The following units should be removed or changed very much;
    Sherwood archers - come on, why on earth are they kept? They are a fictional interpretation of whatever archers that may have resided in Sherwood. This is Stainless Steel, not a fairy tale of Robin Flashheart Hood and his merry men
    Scots guard - longbowmen with that kind of plate armour is not realistic. The (very small) scots guard that existed would hardly be archers. Remove it or change to a melee unit I say.
    Obudshaer - totally unrealistic, Denmark did not field plated elite halberd companies. Judging by the name it is meant to depict the relatively strong peasant levy that existed in Scandinavia. Remove or change to weaker, earlier kind of polearm unit.

Sherwood: yes, kick them in the ass

Scots guard and Obudshaer, I think here we must face the "realism <<<< gameplay" routine :}

because they are awesome.

WelshDragon's Avatar Miles

Oh, one more item... Enemy general's cavalry retinue are freakin Jedis... I had a battle last night against the Fatamids where one 15 man gerenal took out 3 32 man Knights of Jerusalem on the open field... I'm all for making the game tough, but jeez, that just ruined it for me last nigh
    Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true. - Julius Ceasar

I would like to have my generals dismounted. Or for that matter all my knights. Is it possible to make an option for your calvarly to dismount as done in empire total war? Would add a cool new feature to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    You expect to use Assassins and NOT be considered a dreadful leader?
    It's all about honor, and stabbing someone in the dark without giving them a fair chance to fight back is about as nasty as it gets.
    Assassins = Dread. The end.
    "Lost all hope in humanity" count: 7

Artifex

Scots guard and Obudshaer, I think here we must face the "realism <<<< gameplay" routine :}

because they are awesome.
    Easily remedied by introducing some other realistic counterpart to those elite units. However, France have their French longbowmen and Denmark have the halberd men-at-arms. Those are awesome enough, aren't they?

Yes, the balance of gameplay and realism is tricky. I am in favor of including units that represent "what would have been" along with historical ones. Obudshaer and longbow scots guards are just unlikely such units, and they are also described as some sort of historical ones in the game.

should I copy here all the suggestions I wrote at "Suggestions" (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...#post8183584)?

I ask this question because I don't know why a "SS6.3" thread was created. I thought that suggestions & bug fixes will be implemented in future releases, like "6.4", "6.5", etc.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith View Post
    should I copy here all the suggestions I wrote at "Suggestions" (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8183584#post8183584)?

I ask this question because I don't know why a "SS6.3" thread was created. I thought that suggestions & bug fixes will be implemented in future releases, like "6.4", "6.5", etc.
    Because 6.3 is the current official version, and all updates coming up any time soon will be patches to it. If 6.4 or 7.0 ever does come out, it'll probably be in a long while.

so, should I copy the posts I wrote in "Suggestions" to this thread (Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions)? or they are read even if are not posted here, and will be taken into consideration for the future patches for SS6.3?

by the way, a suggestion.

there's something annoying about the rebels: if you take into consideration that they rebel from you, shouldn't they have the technology at most the one you have? I mean, if I don't have any fortress, how that some rebels appear in my territory, units that can only be recruited in a fortress?

Tiro

there's something annoying about the rebels: if you take into consideration that they rebel from you, shouldn't they have the technology at most the one you have? I mean, if I don't have any fortress, how that some rebels appear in my territory, units that can only be recruited in a fortress?
    That's a question, not a suggestion.

Answer: because it's fun to beat the hell out of stronger companies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziame View Post
    Answer: because it's fun to beat the hell out of stronger companies!
    Afaik: Its either that way (give the rebels access to all units the player will eventually have) or rebels will turn into easy pickings in later turns when they only have access to the units the player can build at the beginning. Basicly its either that or have someone else complain why the rebels are such a laughingstock with outdated tech. Keep in mind that the rebels have to stand in for independant sovereignities and are not a ragtag bunch that broke into an old armory.

I suggest you change the name back of the Roman Empire to the Byzantiniums. Even though the people of Medieval times may have called it the Roman Empire, the people of my times, including me, call it the Byzantiniums. In addition I think its silly to have a Holy Roman Empire faction and a Roman Empire faction. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
    I suggest you change the name back of the Roman Empire to the Byzantiniums. Even though the people of Medieval times may have called it the Roman Empire, the people of my times, including me, call it the Byzantiniums. In addition I think its silly to have a Holy Roman Empire faction and a Roman Empire faction. ...
    You know, the default in 6.3 is "the Byzantine Empire"
    However, my Fixes collection changes it into the Roman Empire, due to that being more historically accurate, and the Fixes collection modifying those files anyway (I.E., those files aren't included just to change Byzantium to the Roman Empire)

@Neptune7
    If u are so desperate open the expanded.txt in the text folder of SS and change the name there that is outside the {} brackets only.
    *Warning do make a backup of the file before u try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    @Neptune7
    If u are so desperate open the expanded.txt in the text folder of SS and change the name there that is outside the {} brackets only.
    *Warning do make a backup of the file before u try it.
    Wouldn't really be enough. It's been changed from Byzantium to the Roman Empire in all the text files, not just expanded.txt.