Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 & 6.4 Suggestions

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith_Zenith View Post
    By the way, one more thing: what do you say about writing in the faction description (there where you have the story of the faction), the strength and the weakness of the faction (maybe for early; high; late)
    Thanks for (re)suggesting that, I was starting to wonder if I had added a surplus feature It's in the fixes.

And I really want to know this:
    can something be made so that constructions could continue (or be started), while the settlement is sieged? I don't understand why a settlement would cease construction for 7 years, for instance. Anyway, I don't think any siege lasted that long, so I think it's odd not to be able to build.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Thanks for (re)suggesting that, I was starting to wonder if I had added a surplus feature It's in the fixes.
    sorry, it seems I'm not up to date with the fixes and patches.

I have customized a bit my SS6.3 (recruitment of cuman units, added some units to cumans, added armeninan units in Cilicia (Adana) as AoR and changed family member adoption, so that if I have less generals than settlements, I would receive a family member adoption request - which, hopefully, I did it right).
    I hope these fixes won't destroy my customization

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

It'll break some of your changes, but it won't break the recruitment changes, since it doesn't (yet) modify the EDB.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    It'll break some of your changes, but it won't break the recruitment changes, since it doesn't (yet) modify the EDB.
    ok, I'm carefully copy-pasting files I know won't break anything. And I re-modify things by hand. Tell me at least that the fixes are save-game compatible and won't require me to re-choose my submods. I also copy the early campaign (which I play) to ...\SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign. tell me, do I need to copy something else by hand as well? (I know the early campaign had to be copied here in order to work)

The Fixes are save-game compatible, but you'll likely get strange bugs if you don't re run the SMM.

can something be done so that the faction names and the "king" name would be changed in some conditions?
    what I think of: for instance, if you conquer a number of settlements (large enough) with Hungary, hungary to be changed to "The Hungarian Empire", while the ruler of Hungary to be called "Emperor".

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Cant believe u said that.

See the triggers they are set faction wise like for byzzies the king gets the crown when they control:-
    1. Constantinople
    2. Thessalonica
    3. Nicaea
    4. Athens
    5. Arta
    6. Canakkale
    7. Adrianople
    8. Smyrna
    9. Isparta
    10. Sinop
    11. Trebizond
    12. Rhodes
    13. Iraklion
    Ishan... maybe you'd know this...

Playing as England, I conquered the Isles and gained the ancillary for the Crown of England. Later in my campaign I conquered France and wanted to add the Crown of France to my Kings ancillary list. So i moded the export_descr_ancillaries file by copying the Crown of France entry and replacing the faction values with England. The next turn while in a settlement my king was crowned King of France.

Now, later on in the campaign i conquered Poland and did the exact same modding of the export_descr_ancillaries file in hopes to gain the Crown of Poland as well. However, it does not work.

I know there is an 8 ancillary limit, but is there another limit on the Crowns ancillaries?

Atatürk's Avatar Türküm. Doğruyum...

The implimentation of Broken Crescent units for the Islamic factions, or some sort of reskin.

(Note: I'm not trying to repost, but I said this in another thread and felt it was warranted to add it into this Suggestions thread for further consideration. Ty)

Honestly, I think the city/castle battles could be a bit better. Not to say a force shouldn't be able to enter a city/castle, but I've noticed that my castles/cities w/ Ballistic tower is often a waste against decently armed forces. For example, in one battle, the Roman Empire attacked a large city of mine. His casualties by the time he rammed down the door? Not even 1% . And that was w/ me having 4-6 towers shooting arrows + Scottish/Norse archers. I've noticed most of these arrows are wasted on shooting at siege towers and rams. It be nice to direct it toward something that can actually be killed. And, even w/ my archers directed to attack units, they hardly even "softened" anything up.

Solution? Give defending archers/crossbowmen a % increase on attack/dmg (for having height/def structure advantage) and/or increase the % on attack/dmg to units that are hit by ballistic towers. Is there a way to edit this in a script somewhere?
    Kind Regards,
    Syric

"Chaos was the law of nature; Order was the dream of man."

~ Henry B. Adams

OS: MS Windows 7 (64-bit) | HD: 2x Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB
    MB: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 ATX Intel Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Quad-Core 2.66GHz LGA 1366
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 (OC) 896MB 448-bit GDDR3
    RAM: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800) Tri-Channel

I agree with you Syric, I also believe that cities & castles should be stronger. especially if they have ballista towers. Something should be done to leave the enemy more at the gates than stay inside. maybe if they wouldn't build many siege towers (one should be enough) it would be better. I have also tried (in m2tw, not SS6.3) to command my archers on the walls to attack the ram, but this greatly reduced their accuracy: they could have done better if I didn't command them. too bad you cannot command the towers what to shoot.

I wonder, can the ballista towers' fire rate be increased? Maybe some more damage to the bow would do well.
    Last edited by Zenith_Zenith; October 19, 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashenhigh View Post
    Ishan... maybe you'd know this...

Playing as England, I conquered the Isles and gained the ancillary for the Crown of England. Later in my campaign I conquered France and wanted to add the Crown of France to my Kings ancillary list. So i moded the export_descr_ancillaries file by copying the Crown of France entry and replacing the faction values with England. The next turn while in a settlement my king was crowned King of France.

Now, later on in the campaign i conquered Poland and did the exact same modding of the export_descr_ancillaries file in hopes to gain the Crown of Poland as well. However, it does not work.

I know there is an 8 ancillary limit, but is there another limit on the Crowns ancillaries?
    Well the changes u did clearly tells us that they are save game compatible changes in the EDA that is. And u know about the Anc Limit also.
    But it didn't work when u did it for Poland. So either u must have reached the anc limit or trigger is not set properly.

Post your EDA and i'll take a look And no i can't tell that without looking that the EDA as the crown must have been given a condition to a culture type Eastern European which england doesn't fall under into.

Ok i checked and there is no other condition so if your trigger is right then it should work.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Trigger crown_poland
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition IsFactionLeader
    and EndedInSettlement
    and FactionType polandengland
    and I_SettlementOwner Stettin = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Prague = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Wroclaw = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Magdeburg = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Thorn = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Plock = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Krakow = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Halych = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Zhytomyr = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Kiev = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Pereyaslav = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Bryansk = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Moscow = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Smolensk = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Novgorod = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Polotsk = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Pskov = poland
    and I_SettlementOwner Riga = poland
    and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists crown_poland

AcquireAncillary crown_poland chance 100

Now conditions u either don't hold all the regions or the Polish Faction leader has that anc type and the condition for that is highlighted in blue.^

Ahh, thanks Ishan I realized my mistake after reading your response

For Poland I was using "not FactionwideAncillaryExists" because I had copied the code from the French ancillary. Ill test it again when I get a chance!

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

1. what do you think about making the armenian soldiers recruitable in the castle of Adana? (recruitable by any but muslims, I suppose).

2. The Coat of arms, or how it is called... that image that is displayed for each faction (in the case of HRE, some kind of two-headed black bird on yellow background)... I think that the CoA for the Byzantine Empire looked better in 6.2 than it looks in 6.3 (it had some kind of white bird on purple background).

3. I suggest reducing the number of colors to certain units (like, french feudal knights and french chivalric knights: blue + white + red + yellow + armor's colour + horse color = too many colors).
    Armenians also fought for Muslims, in 1100 AD the Egyptian Vizier (aka the real power holder) was an Armenian, and his core troops were Armenians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badr_al-Jamali
    Last edited by RollingWave; October 20, 2010 at 02:27 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Armenians also fought for Muslims, in 1100 AD the Egyptian Vizier (aka the real power holder) was an Armenian, and his core troops were Armenians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badr_al-Jamali
    ok, then what do you say about making armenians available as AoR for everybody?

Rokiniz's Avatar Civis

is there a way, that i could see the generals full names exp: King Mindaugas II of Vilnius?
    Long Live Lithuania( Grand Duchy Lithuania )

ok, then what do you say about making armenians available as AoR for everybody?
    500 unit limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokiniz View Post
    is there a way, that i could see the generals full names exp: King Mindaugas II of Vilnius?
    ,I haven't seen anybody to do it.

Maybe it's just me, I only switched over to 6.3 from 6.1 two weeks ago, but I have money flowing out the ass in my campaigns. In one turn I easily rake in tens of thousands of florins with the most horrible assortment of castles and underdeveloped cities. I don't know if this was a consious design decision, but it really takes a lot of the fun out of the game for me. I can just mass produce one army after another, have sizeable militia stacks in every city, and it still doesn't hurt my economy. I actually have to actively build abbeys and cathedrals and enormous army stacks to stem the flow of money, and this is like 10 turns into a campaign as the Kievan Rus. What I liked so much about total war is the fact that you have to balance the moneyflow with your armies, in 6.3 it feels like that was tossed out the window in favor of having more huge battles more often.

Also, if at all possible, make Caen connect with southern England and Ireland with Scotland. The AI is retarded enough as it is, it would help a lot if the AI could just march their armies to England and Ireland instead of sail there (which they never do, unless they're Portugal. In which case they feel the urge to invade Norway in all of my campaigns.) Scotland especially would benefit immensely with being able to invade Ireland reliably, as they seem to get their asses handed to them by the English vritually all the time.

One more thing, then I'll stop. Why are all the factions so freaking huge in the early campaign? Byzantium is twice the size it was in 6.1! (Same for the HRE, the Cumans, and the Seljuks, to a lesser degree.) I get the whole historical accuracy thing, but they just bulldoze all over the Balkans and Anatolia with their ridiculous number of starting settlements. Yes, I know this is balanced out somewhat by their horrible late period units, but that doesn't matter at all when they've obliterated Venice, Hungary and the Seljuks already. It's a personal thing, really. I prefer starting out small and then conquering the world, rather than having a functional empire handed to me from the get go.

It'll balance itself out soon enough, gerrit, especially if you go to war against someone.
    Once you have more regions, corruption will kick in, and keep your economy in check

Quote Originally Posted by Rokiniz View Post
    It is possible but only for the starting characters like the starting king of england
    this is the way I believe you must do it:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. Open descr_names in your data folder
    Add the name KingOfEngland in the england section (not on the same hight as the other names)
    2. Open descr_names_lookup in your data folder
    Add the name KingOfEngland
    3. Open names in the data/text folder
    Add {KingOfEngland}Hennry II of England
    4. Open descr_strat in data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    Search for the English King (normaly Henry) and change its name in KingOfEngland