I there, a suggestion that might be interesting in term of historical units is to make units recruitable in the years they were formed, many troops aren't recruitable at the early era particulary the Roman Empire. Some will say that it will be unbalanced, but the roman empire was the strongest in the early medieval period until the Angelo reign. To balance that is to modifying the recruitment pool; scholarii could drop to maximum 1, the siphanatore stay 1, the vasilia stay also one and the varagian guard recruitable in city hall instead of mayor palace and the replenishment of these units is 7 turns and the recruitable time stay the same. After the heavy mail event, upgrade the pool of scholarii to 2. The menauloi could be recruited in the higher tier barrack and can be recuited in the beginning since the greek phalanx was used BC and the menauloi follows nearly the same way.

Recruitable generals

making catapult units having 3 catapults instead of two

modifying the muslim rosters they actually really needed it!!

Make professional troops as mercenary that can be recruited depending of the region (for example almulgavar, gendarme, dismounted huscarl, mamluks or the like).

the education part of the LLP mod is really interesting, as such having this system of education is more realistic and variant than the old one.

Bringing back the old traits such good/bad defender/attacker, it's more RP for the generals

removing sherwood archer, french chivalry knight, and merged many units that as the same role/stats to leave more space to new units.

modifying the alcohol traits because I always get an alcoholic general when he gets the social drinker trait.

Insert teutonic guild in the crusaders states, they begin in the middle east

It is possible to rename the swordsmith guild to training ground guild or something like that since the guild give no more weapon upgrade.

If by removing and merging units the modders got enough space, they could insert dismounted units for nearly every cavalry like the mamluk or pronoarii.

Hope my suggestion will be taken in consideration, thank you in advance.

By the way, superb mod, really love it