Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 3.0 Discussion

Default Re: 2.2 Patch Discussion

I love this mod in its current condition, but if this is the thread for a bit of nitpicking then here goes:

I for one would like to see some a tune up of the ootmm, their units have their charm, but they do have an air about them as being a bit "rushed". I mean they have an ok roster, but for the most part you are trying to take over the world with a bunch snagas and basic infantry that doesnt really convey the look of the moria orcs from the movies.

This is probably not a big priority, but for me and the other two guys in the universe who play ootmm it would be much appreciated

So I really think there should be a focus on perfecting all the factions before we start calling for flying units (that have a tendency to have a bit of wonky and unnatural animation and movement), and the arduous task of making custom settlements.

Micho157's Avatar Tiro

I'd like to see the rebel settlements stronger, in my opinion it's much too easy to take them, but it should be a challenge, too, not only a matter of being faster than the other factions
    Proud Austrian

But surely the Frome is more realistic, and thus the onus for less realism and more convenience is on the people who push for a more simple campaign?
    Last edited by Adamar; October 22, 2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamar View Post
    But surely the Frome is more realistic, and thus the onus for less realism and more convenience is on the people who push for a more simple campaign?
    I think it's better to have the vanilla campaign be simpler so sub mods can add stuff, so the people who like it the way it is can keep it that way

Generally sub mods seem to work better if they add stuff instead of taking away stuff

I also play Frome, but can see why some people would want Isengard controlling Dunland provinces than have them be an entirely different faction. But it would be a lot more complicated to make a sub mod that removes a faction other than make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigama View Post
    I think it's better to have the vanilla campaign be simpler so sub mods can add stuff, so the people who like it the way it is can keep it that way

Generally sub mods seem to work better if they add stuff instead of taking away stuff

I also play Frome, but can see why some people would want Isengard controlling Dunland provinces than have them be an entirely different faction. But it would be a lot more complicated to make a sub mod that removes a faction other than make one.
    I can agree with this, so long as the mods are all compatible with each other, so we can pick and mix.
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

I agree with Formann, I'd also like to see some more diverse units for OoTMM.

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Only one little complaint from me. During the winter the snow reaches all the way down to Gondor. Since Gondor is a Mediterranean climate, it shouldn't be snow covered. Other then that, the Mod is excellent.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

RR/RC 2.1 is well underway

Jollefjoll's Avatar Tiro

I'm a rookie at this mod. But so far these are the following things I think could be (even) better:
    1. Fighting The Balrog instead of The BalrogS in the Fellowship Campaign, kinda frustrating when you face 12... (or was it six, no matter).
    2. Although concerning previous post about it being impossible to implement a "White Counseil" it would be an epic thing in the far future.
    3. Allowing players to play on whatever difficulty they choose in Fellowship Campaign (I'm part noobish, and struggling).
    4. Sometimes the increased recruitment thingy for factions on their last breath are gruesome.
    E.G. I'm playing as the Silvan Elves, and have captured "Mountain Fort", Mordor is harassing my southern twin cities (cannot recall the names atm, but the one they visit in the movie). The Orcs of the Misty Mountains only have Moria left as a city/fortress, thus they're absolutely whoring out masses of orcs and continously attack "Mountain Fort", I've defeated them like 5+ times there without many losses. However since they take out approximately 200-ish elves every time, and I cannot reinforce the city due to the harassing of Mordor I'm slowly loosing everything.
    So, an option to turn this off? If it's possible, I have no idea xD
    5. Trolls climbing siege ladders... omg... what am I supposed to do. I'm an Elf (and I read they're the easiest faction) but my arrows will do jackshit. In turn I have two options, either stand an fight with the archers on the walls (with some assistance from spearmen) and get slaughtered. Or I pull my archers back to the center square and loose the gate, after which I'm usually whooped by the onslaught of the orc horde. So maybe some potential nerfing of über units? Or possibly making trolls "cavalry" thus rendering them inable to climb tiny ladders.
    6. The custom settlements everyone's talking about seems epic
    7. Is Sauron recruitable in-game? I tried him out in a custom battle against a full-stack of Gondor infantry... and he whooped them. I guess I'll my pants if I face him backed up by a horde of orcs. (I guess this adds realism, you probably would your pants, but still he felt kinda invurnable.)
    8. Making "sister-factions" more prone to allying with eachother. Say the High Elves and Silvan Elves are both very prone to an easy alliance (without paying lots).

Finally - LOVE the mod. It's actually the first big mod I play on ANY Total War game. (I've always found vanilla to work just fine for me).
    Keep up the awesome work, lads!
    It is not titles that honour men, but men that honour titles.
    - Niccoló Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Jollefjoll View Post
    I'm a rookie at this mod. But so far these are the following things I think could be (even) better:
    1. Fighting The Balrog instead of The BalrogS in the Fellowship Campaign, kinda frustrating when you face 12... (or was it six, no matter).
    2. Although concerning previous post about it being impossible to implement a "White Counseil" it would be an epic thing in the far future.
    3. Allowing players to play on whatever difficulty they choose in Fellowship Campaign (I'm part noobish, and struggling).
    4. Sometimes the increased recruitment thingy for factions on their last breath are gruesome.
    E.G. I'm playing as the Silvan Elves, and have captured "Mountain Fort", Mordor is harassing my southern twin cities (cannot recall the names atm, but the one they visit in the movie). The Orcs of the Misty Mountains only have Moria left as a city/fortress, thus they're absolutely whoring out masses of orcs and continously attack "Mountain Fort", I've defeated them like 5+ times there without many losses. However since they take out approximately 200-ish elves every time, and I cannot reinforce the city due to the harassing of Mordor I'm slowly loosing everything.
    So, an option to turn this off? If it's possible, I have no idea xD
    5. Trolls climbing siege ladders... omg... what am I supposed to do. I'm an Elf (and I read they're the easiest faction) but my arrows will do jackshit. In turn I have two options, either stand an fight with the archers on the walls (with some assistance from spearmen) and get slaughtered. Or I pull my archers back to the center square and loose the gate, after which I'm usually whooped by the onslaught of the orc horde. So maybe some potential nerfing of über units? Or possibly making trolls "cavalry" thus rendering them inable to climb tiny ladders.
    6. The custom settlements everyone's talking about seems epic
    7. Is Sauron recruitable in-game? I tried him out in a custom battle against a full-stack of Gondor infantry... and he whooped them. I guess I'll my pants if I face him backed up by a horde of orcs. (I guess this adds realism, you probably would your pants, but still he felt kinda invurnable.)
    8. Making "sister-factions" more prone to allying with eachother. Say the High Elves and Silvan Elves are both very prone to an easy alliance (without paying lots).

Finally - LOVE the mod. It's actually the first big mod I play on ANY Total War game. (I've always found vanilla to work just fine for me).
    Keep up the awesome work, lads!
    1. You can't make units with only one unit, only 11 or 12 or something like that, but you'll have to fight.
    2. See this if you want such things: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=390535.
    3. The Fellowship campaign is supposed to be very hard
    4. No. Mordor spams all the way, good luck
    5. Trolls are infantry, this is vital for their battlefield behaviour. Try this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=262519
    6. Yes it is epic
    7. No. You can't recruit him.
    8. The Noldor and Silvans already have very good relations on the start.
    I hope this will help you

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

Jollefjoll's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel The Tukker View Post
    1. You can't make units with only one unit, only 11 or 12 or something like that, but you'll have to fight.
    2. See this if you want such things: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=390535.
    3. The Fellowship campaign is supposed to be very hard
    4. No. Mordor spams all the way, good luck
    5. Trolls are infantry, this is vital for their battlefield behaviour. Try this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=262519
    6. Yes it is epic
    7. No. You can't recruit him.
    8. The Noldor and Silvans already have very good relations on the start.
    I hope this will help you
    1. Sauron is a single unit, why not make the Balrog single aswell?
    2. Thank you
    3. Well, that might hinder new players in trying out mods... I think having many options is superior to confining it in a single difficulty - even though I do understand it is supposed to be that way.
    4. Well... its actually the OotMM, and it's starting to feel ridiculous (for fun gameplay) having killed something like 50 000 orcs and they still keep coming...
    5. Yeah, read that just a minute ago ^^ I'll try some new tactics
    6. I KNOW!
    7. Good
    8. I saw that in my diplomatic relations tab thingie. So I sent a diplomat asking for an alliance every turn thus far, also offering Map Info and 2000ish cash... always "Just rejected"
    - Niccoló Machiavelli

8. Do you execute prisoners, have high dread generals, slay everything and break alliances? This way your relations and reputation will be low, which might cause some difficulties

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

Jollefjoll's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel The Tukker View Post
    8. Do you execute prisoners, have high dread generals, slay everything and break alliances? This way your relations and reputation will be low, which might cause some difficulties
    Ah, there's probably the issue. Never thought the High Elves would dislike my execution of captured goblins
    - Niccoló Machiavelli

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Jollefjoll View Post
    1. Sauron is a single unit, why not make the Balrog single aswell?
    2. Thank you
    3. Well, that might hinder new players in trying out mods... I think having many options is superior to confining it in a single difficulty - even though I do understand it is supposed to be that way.
    4. Well... its actually the OotMM, and it's starting to feel ridiculous (for fun gameplay) having killed something like 50 000 orcs and they still keep coming...
    5. Yeah, read that just a minute ago ^^ I'll try some new tactics
    6. I KNOW!
    7. Good
    8. I saw that in my diplomatic relations tab thingie. So I sent a diplomat asking for an alliance every turn thus far, also offering Map Info and 2000ish cash... always "Just rejected"
    1. Single units are only possible in custom battles.
    4. It's supposed to be 1000 vs 5000 at all times, dakara.
    8. Do you have trade relations? When you have that for some time it becomes easier to ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    RR/RC 2.1 is well underway
    point blank,inclusive in the RR/RC 2.1 the excellent Isengard culture submod?,thanks.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; October 25, 2010 at 10:40 AM.

Baywatch's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    point blank,inclusive in the RR/RC 2.1 the excellent Isengard culture submod?,thanks.
    But, it's not even released yet? Although depending on how it turns out, I wouldn't mind seeing it in a future update.

Clearly has his priorities straight.

increase cav unit sizes for rohan? since cavalry was the backbone of their army (unlike other factions) the rohirrim are at a huge numerical disadvantage against infantry based factions. Maybe increase from 76 to 100? (on huge)

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Nearly all of the major battles in Rohan during the War of the Ring were fought on foot.

Didnt have time to read through. so if it was already said, im sorry, but my 2 cents worth is to have armor upgrades show for all troops and all factions

Jollefjoll's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Muffer Nl View Post
    1. Single units are only possible in custom battles.
    That sort of answers a question I've been ranting all over about.

Thank you mate!
    - Niccoló Machiavelli