Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 3.0 Discussion

Default Re: 2.2 Patch Discussion

Well one could certainly replicate the flying nazgul. The same principles used for them in rtw can be accomplished in M2. The thing is just because flying nazgul can be done doesn't necessarily mean they should as there is plenty about their "flying" that is very awkward.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Of course you can do it in a simmilar way often, i was just saying you cannot simply take things from ROME.
    The Perillicious submod does already create them - if they will be implented into vanilla TA is still another question...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    Of course you can do it in a simmilar way often, i was just saying you cannot simply take things from ROME.
    The Perillicious submod does already create them - if they will be implented into vanilla TA is still another question...

Not that I wont this flayng Nazgul just they are from lore but If this worked in RTW then maybe it works in Medieval II.

TATW is a very polished mod already. Custom settlements are the only major thing that its still missing...Maybe also add one or two new units and make one or two minor fixes... i think tatw is like an independent game already.

It would be nice if KK and his team helped WTW.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    TATW is a very polished mod already. Custom settlements are the only major thing that its still missing...Maybe also add one or two new units and make one or two minor fixes... i think tatw is like an independent game already.

It would be nice if KK and his team helped WTW.
    Yes, those fixes are obviously good for the game, but with regards to the mod being like an independent game as it is well polished, I do not see this as a pretext for stopping expansion as long as the team is interested.

For example there is a lot of scope for expanding the map for one.

Or a 1st second and 4th age extension
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Why not include Patrician's Free Ancilaries submod in the next patch, Vanilla could really use some more unique and lore-specific ancillaries.

Content Emeritus

No worries before every new release the submod section is looked through and the submods which would fit into the main mod are aksed for permission...

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Adamar View Post
    Yes, those fixes are obviously good for the game, but with regards to the mod being like an independent game as it is well polished, I do not see this as a pretext for stopping expansion as long as the team is interested.

For example there is a lot of scope for expanding the map for one.

Or a 1st second and 4th age extension
    Some more campaigns would be nice. Also some more units, especially for the Fiefdoms of Gondor...

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    Some more campaigns would be nice.
    And what do you have in mind?

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel The Tukker View Post
    And what do you have in mind?
    A 1st , second or 4th age would be cool.
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

1st 2nd and 4th age mods are already being made or are already made. Nothing is needed except for custom settlements and some submods implemented. It would be cool if we could get some regional campaigns or historical campaigns like the future Ruins of Arnor mod or the War for Gondor submod for 1.4 in the vanilla, but that isn't needed.

Rero's Avatar Senator

no fliyng nazgūls plz
    Emi master race!
    TheIncendiaryPig

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

I would love a "Ruin of Arnor" campaign, as well as a "War in the North" one, or perhaps one depicting the violent clashes between Harad and Gondor, which resulted in Gondor abandoning Near Harad...the possibilities are endless...

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

- inclusion of AUM
    - inclusion of additional units (unit whore baby)
    - an expanded map; as in more land itself and additional regions
    - inclusions of additional factions; break apart existing factions, perhaps keep those factions broken apart allied to one another
    - inclusion of game tweaking scripts, so many to name
    - inclusion of custom settlements
    - but really I would love a bigger map + more units (only quality ones though)

Try FROME for a more divided middle earth. But I think a war in the north would be cool too. Maybe a campaign recreating the wars of orcs and dwarves, a campaign recreating the war between Isengard and Rohan, and maybe a couple campaigns for Gondor, both the easterling invasions and also a war for Gondor thing. Maybe even a Last Allaince campaign, control the good and destroy Sauron or be the evil, defeat the alliance and then conquer the rest of the world, though that isn't the third age. Maybe a kingdons esque expansion with all those possibilities. But those aren't really needed atm...but custom settlments sort of are after the preview.

I would like to see a special building for the silvan elves that would bestow the movement bonuses of roads without removing the trees from the forest. Either that or make it so that the roads don't remove the trees. It feels wrong that it is so hard to set up an ambush with my elven archers in the heart of Mirkwood.

although flying nazguls would be a great modding achievement if they got added in, I think they'd be ridiculously overpowered. imagine nazguls with their 10+ hitpoints except being basically immune to ground troops and siege engines (I'm assuming a catapult can't knock a fell beast out of the sky)

the only way they could be beaten would probably be a gross amount of archers, and they'd probably run out of arrows
    some of the units available to "evil" factions are already very strong, but this would insanely tip the balance
    Last edited by Zigama; October 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by werawulf View Post
    - inclusion of AUM
    - inclusion of additional units (unit whore baby)
    - an expanded map; as in more land itself and additional regions
    - inclusions of additional factions; break apart existing factions, perhaps keep those factions broken apart allied to one another
    - inclusion of game tweaking scripts, so many to name
    - inclusion of custom settlements
    - but really I would love a bigger map + more units (only quality ones though)
    Frome should be included in vanilla as it is more correct and realistic to split elves, dwarves and add dunland (which would need a little bit of work as dunland is gosu atm).

No, FROME should not be included, there are people who don't want to play with so many factions, maybe another campaign with the FROME factions, but not make it the Vanilla campaign.

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

Content Emeritus

That's the biggest advantage of FRoME being a submod, everyone who likes to play with it can simply install it, whoever don't like to play it can just keep his vanilla files - also for this great work koultouras did he will gain more attention if he keeps his own thread in the submod section as if it were included, lot's of people wouldn't "recognize" his work anymore...

We have had this discussion several times already...