Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 3.0 Discussion

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Default Re: 2.2 Patch Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    yes and isengard need more unit types,for example three new units of half-orcs,this orcs have more human blood that orc blood.
    the half-orcs was used by saruman as spy also.
    mordor need many new units types.
    in this moments the faction of mordor is very poor in units types and mordor is a great empire with many tribes and orcs confederations.
    mordor need more new orcs,uruk and snaga units,militia troops and regular troops and three or four exclusive units by barad-dur,minas morgul,dol guldur and other important cities of mordor.
    mordor have human warriors from nurn region,then mordor need human units from nurn region.
    i agree with everything there, except for human units from nurn. As far as i know the humans in that region were all slaves forced to grow food around the see of nurn (the only place in mordor where crops could be grown). They were a combination of newly captured POW's as well as the decendants of people that the dark lord had captured over a long period of time, so i doubt they would make for decent soildiers. at the very most maybe as a single, low moral, low quality, skirmishing unit

Laetus

1. Experience should increase missile attack and defensive skill. Could be something like this:
    + 1st Bronze chevron = +1 melle attack
    + 2nd Bronze chevron = +1 defensive skill
    + 3rd Bronze Chevron = +1 missile attack
    Repeat with silver chevrons and gold chevrons

2. Diversify missions and avoid "early" reward with elite units.

3. Improve traits and retinues.

4. More mercs (archer, crossbow and cavalry), available to more factions.

I'd like to see custom settlements (if possible), but I'd like to see Lurtz (hopefully with his own model) in the main campaign

Senator

Yeah Lurtz.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Scorpius Centaurus's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    yes and isengard need more unit types,for example three new units of half-orcs,this orcs have more human blood that orc blood.
    the half-orcs was used by saruman as spy also.
    mordor need many new units types.
    in this moments the faction of mordor is very poor in units types and mordor is a great empire with many tribes and orcs confederations.
    mordor need more new orcs,uruk and snaga units,militia troops and regular troops and three or four exclusive units by barad-dur,minas morgul,dol guldur and other important cities of mordor.
    mordor have human warriors from nurn region,then mordor need human units from nurn region.

Having more units does not make the game better. I prefer a small roster for each faction, it makes it less confusing. It's also easier to work out the rock/paper/scissors tactics by knowing clearly which units are best for opposing other units. And the guys at CA must have come to the same view, as they are only giving a small roster for each faction in the upcoming game Shogun2.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Frankly I'm VERY happy with the mod as-is. Anything that gets better is just another cherry on the top.

While I'd love to see custom settlements I don't want them if they pose a problem to AI pathfinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius Centaurus View Post
    Having more units does not make the game better. I prefer a small roster for each faction, it makes it less confusing. It's also easier to work out the rock/paper/scissors tactics by knowing clearly which units are best for opposing other units. And the guys at CA must have come to the same view, as they are only giving a small roster for each faction in the upcoming game Shogun2.
    A big roster doesn't add much to a faction's gameplay ... the improvement is mostly visual ... and maybe a more accurate represantation of the faction ...

Senator

More the better imo.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedlit View Post
    More the better imo.
    but if you have to concentrate on something ... what will you choose?
    more or better?
    more units or better gameplay?
    i will defenitely choose the second

Better gameplay also includes more and better units (though it's nearly impossible to make TATW units better).

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel The Tukker View Post
    Better gameplay also includes more and better units (though it's nearly impossible to make TATW units better).
    More Units = Better gamplay ??? - WRONG

Look at the quality not quantity.

Depends or the units add something to the gameplay, 50 units per faction isn't good either, but some units to fill gaps are good.

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post

I think the more variety the better.

I base a stack on 5 unit types , which means i can merge and reinforce easily. Having more units justs adds more flavour to the game for me as I can pick a different 5 types suited to the situation.

EG when fighting Harad as Gondor I have Ithilien rangers, Gondor Spearmen, , Gondor Infantry, Gondor Cavalry and Catapults. But when i Fight against mordor i have Ithilien rangers, Axemen of lossnarch, Gondor Infantry , Peralgir Marines and Gondor Cavalry.

Elite Units come here and there.

The more units the better the choice. Eg when I fight against Rhun i want jav cav or CA.
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

Xerdun's Avatar Miles

I'd like to see Uruk Hai Raiders receive similar helmets to the films - they should be given similar armour and helms to the Uruk Hai that use the massive axes.

I'd like to see custom settlements (obviously - wouldn't we all...), not sure how likely this'll be though

I'd like to see elite Goblins not using Uruk Hai shields

I'd like for some of the lower tier orc units to use helmets... I don't understand why none of them have helmets

Finally it'd be nice if the neckscarves of the elite Rhun units looked more like the films (long and flowing) rather than how they are (tightly wrapped)

Oh and the Uruk Hai should be a little larger and the crests on their helmets should be made just a teeny bit bigger

I think that's my wish list sorted

Against the power that has arisen in the East, there can be no victory.

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

can we add Gothmog to mordor's generals? (hes the orc general in the 3rd film attacking Minas Tirith) as well as the custom settlements
    We all die, its just a matter of how.... and when
    -William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius Centaurus View Post

great blunder of CA with shogun and a hypothetical future rome II with few units for faction and generalist units would be the biggest blunder of CA and many players not buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post

more immersion and realism is sure with more units.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; October 06, 2010 at 02:20 PM.

Well i wont be getting anymore total war games. For me it did with empire. One of the promises CA said was that it would be highly moddable. Now, im not a modder but if i was id be pissed. They lied. The simple truth is that its modders that keep the total war legacy alive.

This mod is one of the best along with stainless steel. The team and KK are very talented and to think they dont get paid. I would rather Pay something towards this than another CA released total war game.

I know that the next patch will be good, and with custom settlements to come, it will be more epic.
    IMO, i prefer more units, beacuse as anibal says, to me it adds more immersion and realism. Well it does to me. Even though i can only play on Large unit sizes (thats all pc can handle), its still epic for me.

Cant wait for the next patch and KK, you rule mate...

Its gets better and better..

Some Professional Arnor Spearmen (i dont like the pikemen very much =/ and the arnor militia run away too quickly)