Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 3.0 Discussion

Default Re: 2.2 Patch Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel The Tukker View Post
    It is already provided
    Indeed ...
    So now KK aims to give us Advanced Epic Awesomeness ... of some sort ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex-ander View Post
    Isengard needs some love in the next patch. Fun to play and some nice units later but hard surviving the first 50 turns. They only start with 3 towns/castles no diplomat or spy.

Must be the hardest start for the evil factions
    yes and isengard need more unit types,for example three new units of half-orcs,this orcs have more human blood that orc blood.
    the half-orcs was used by saruman as spy also.
    mordor need many new units types.
    in this moments the faction of mordor is very poor in units types and mordor is a great empire with many tribes and orcs confederations.
    mordor need more new orcs,uruk and snaga units,militia troops and regular troops and three or four exclusive units by barad-dur,minas morgul,dol guldur and other important cities of mordor.
    mordor have human warriors from nurn region,then mordor need human units from nurn region.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; September 28, 2010 at 02:00 PM.

Im just wondering. Will the AUM mod be compatable with the new patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Indeed ...
    So now KK aims to give us Advanced Epic Awesomeness ... of some sort ...
    Yis , epic awesomeness please!

I am aware that the elves are already being remade By Louis Lux, but I'd like to reinforce my point that this should be one of the priorities.

An elite dunlending unit for isengard would be nice, something like "Dunlending chieftains" or whatever.

Also making the rebel unit "Dorwinion retainers" a part of Dale's unit roster. Dale doesn't have ani unit of this kind in their roster (that, apart from this, is awesome), and they belong to the same culture group of Dale, and would be a nice regional unit (Dorwinion, Uldonavan and maybe one more settlement).

Having some more types of rebel units? It is kinda strange to find men in settlements that should be (or have been) Orcish. Orcish rebels for some cities would be nice.

Someone has already suggested, even though I can't remember who, more amrour types for upgraded units. I know it's reaally not easy to make new models, and certainly not a priority, but that would be nice.

And for last, perhaps limiting the avaliability of elite units (Serpent Guard, Uruks, Higher Uruk-Hai, Warriors of Mithlond...). In the later games, we see full stacks made almost entirely of elite units, and at least I think that's unrealistic and also quite boring, as the AI simply doesn't make balanced armies, and units that should "make the difference" in a battle become common sense units. Perhaps severly restricting the recruitment of higher tier units would work, especially if there's a way to increase the avaliability of medium-type units via scripting, in the later game, to prevent elite stack-spamming and "force" the AI to make more diversified armies.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

TATW gets

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Id definitly want provincial campaigns like northwest(of misty mountains), northeast(of misty mountains) and south and frome included would be great. Also id like a divied eriador, cause the current is not supported lore wise
    Last edited by Makrell; September 28, 2010 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedlit View Post
    I want more "What if" Campaigns. Focusing on smaller areas of Middle earth. For instance a Rohan Campaign wheres the map is the Rohan region with Isengard being the only enemy. With goals like defend Helms Deep for 50 turns or somthing. That be cool.
    Agreed, some custom campaigns like that would be neat.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

FROME should not be included as these two mods give seperate game experiences as to apeal to more tastes.

Senator

Hmm Never heard of FROME.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

You will hear something about it very soon...
    On Friday, probably

( Submod called "Forgotten Realms of Middle Earth" which brings 4 new factions: Dunland (evil), Dwarves of Ered-Luin (dwarves splitted, good) and the Silvan Elves slitted into Mirkwood and Gallahdrim (good, too of course) )

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323812
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; September 29, 2010 at 11:09 AM.

Edit : Looking forward to the revelations MasterBigAb
    Last edited by Adamar; September 29, 2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: irrelevant
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    You will hear something about it very soon...
    On Friday, probably

( Submod called "Forgotten Realms of Middle Earth" which brings 4 new factions: Dunland (evil), Dwarves of Ered-Luin (dwarves splitted, good) and the Silvan Elves slitted into Mirkwood and Gallahdrim (good, too of course) )

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323812
    The blue armor looks funky

I think that a couple small campaigns would be cool in the far future. Like the War for Gondor or something like that submod, but for vannilla since that's made for 1.4. Like a Rohan campaign....you have to fend off the hoardes of isengaurd for a while during the war of the ring. And a war in the north campaign, Dale and Dwarves vs Rhun and orcs. And then a couple sub mods need to be implemented, like LL's hero mod and the Beacons of Gondor mod etc.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by the cooliest View Post
    I think that a couple small campaigns would be cool in the far future. Like the War for Gondor or something like that submod, but for vannilla since that's made for 1.4. Like a Rohan campaign....you have to fend off the hoardes of isengaurd for a while during the war of the ring. And a war in the north campaign, Dale and Dwarves vs Rhun and orcs. And then a couple sub mods need to be implemented, like LL's hero mod and the Beacons of Gondor mod etc.
    Although this idea might be cool, i think some other projects like custom settlements which will indeed take lot's of time have a higher priority

Ya thats why I put further into the future. The elves revamp and custom settlments are most important at the moment. But maybe in a future mod once they have those things and other assorted things done, they could do that. Though they could always just implement submods into the game...like the ruins of arnor when it comes out.
    Last edited by the cooliest; October 03, 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    Although this idea might be cool, i think some other projects like custom settlements which will indeed take lot's of time have a higher priority
    Custom settlements ftw! Im tired of taking minas morgul easily and defending it when it looks like a generic fortress.
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Adamar View Post
    Custom settlements ftw! Im tired of taking minas morgul easily and defending it when it looks like a generic fortress.
    Ahh well, Isenguards gonna be a to defend

Quote Originally Posted by Deedlit View Post
    Ahh well, Isenguards gonna be a to defend
    When i was playing Isenguard i was defending at foldburg and gineas, better to be realistic

Elfhelm's Avatar Biarchus

I would luv to see the map extended east to include Eastern Rhun and the mysterious and little known lands beyond and south to extend The Harad peninsula to its entirity! I know,I know, not enough solid info! Aikinars submod and lots of lovely new AOR units for all!