Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1000 things we learned from in RS2

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: 1000 things we learned from in RS2

Weapons are for wussies
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

165. Sparta had A HELL LOT more than 300 men.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

166. Armenians are the scourge of the earth, lurking at the world from their mountainous areas.

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

167. Carthaginian deaths are very satisfying. Every last one of them.
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

168. The Spartans actually aren't that invincible if you use autoresolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Boustrophedon View Post
    166. Armenians are the scourge of the earth, lurking at the world from their mountainous areas.

why??
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

169. The 5th Macedonica will pwn anyone in their path.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post

why??
    Well everytime I play as an eastern faction, like pontos or ptolemaics, I need keep my eye on those armenians.
    If I don't they will come out of their mountains with elite stacks of nakharars and beat the crap out of anything I got to offer
    Without warning. Without mercy. And without any regard for my empire-building skills

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

and without any regard for my empire-building skills .......
    .......which are obviously pretty much inexistent if you allow some random visiting hillbilly backwoodmen to come down from the mountains and take your things,your money, your ground and even worse your wifes ........

170. The Marian reforms only happened because Marius activated the script
    Australia will conquer the world!!!

170. Occasionally, by some weird glitch in physics, your empire will be witness to an apocalyptic blackout, in which all visibility to your immediate surroundings is lost, the whole world will then seem to freeze in time and everything goes completely silent. you will then be transported to some alternate reality full of weird icons such as "recycle bin" and "start". Listening closely, you can hear what seems to be a giant humanoid, laying waste to his bedroom because he forgot to "save his game"??

Aulus Petillius Vespasianus: Patrician, Senator, Age 32

171. Even on One-Turn the freaking Averni and Gallaeci spawn full stacks out of nowhere. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, I'm not even bothering you....yet.

AspisPhalanx90's Avatar Senator

I agree...they sit and sit and sit, looking like they arent going to do anything..ever. Then, its cataphract archers, elite nakharars, kentro..whatever (sp) spearmen, and god knows what else coming out of Ararat. Its like God runs the Armenians if you leave them too long. That area is a bloody mess...you feel like your doing so well as the Seleucids, beating back Parthia and Ptolemies, then all of a sudden your cut in half by Armenia. Or pontus making good headway, before all of a sudden three stacks show up behind you....theyre a pain! (so much fun to play as though)
    Flavius Julius Constantinus, adopted Patrician, 30

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    .......which are obviously pretty much inexistent if you allow some random visiting hillbilly backwoodmen to come down from the mountains and take your things,your money, your ground and even worse your wifes ........
    I was playing as pontos and busy kicking ass in Macedonia when out of nowhere my capital and 2 other cities get taken by an army of veteran nakharar and stuff.
    Those poor people never even had a chance as punishment I wiped out the Armenians though.

Quote Originally Posted by AspisPhalanx90 View Post
    I agree...they sit and sit and sit, looking like they arent going to do anything..ever. Then, its cataphract archers, elite nakharars, kentro..whatever (sp) spearmen, and god knows what else coming out of Ararat. Its like God runs the Armenians if you leave them too long. That area is a bloody mess...you feel like your doing so well as the Seleucids, beating back Parthia and Ptolemies, then all of a sudden your cut in half by Armenia. Or pontus making good headway, before all of a sudden three stacks show up behind you....theyre a pain! (so much fun to play as though)
    My thoughts exactly lol! I don't want to make the effort of killing them when they are still mountain militia people.
    But if I leave it to late to deal with them they take my cities and I don't want that
    Maybe as Underdog of Asia they feel a need to affirm their manliness?

172. Sometimes the Belgae will just chill with one settlement in Britain.

173. the Carthiginians weren't actually Rome's greatest enemy, it was the Galleaci!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    173. the Carthiginians weren't actually Rome's greatest enemy, it was the Galleaci!
    No kidding. I've always found the Carthaginians to be a bit of a pushover in the game. I recall them being harder in Vanilla. Although admittedly the last time I played Vanilla was like five years ago so maybe I just wasn't a veteran player yet.

Mole Praetoricus's Avatar Civis

174. 1500 Polybian legionnaries will take 15 minutes to kill 9 Celtiberian Spearmen if the latter are backed against a wall during a siege.

175. All other factions should just surrender to the Dacians and save a lot of lives
    Last edited by Mole Praetoricus; January 17, 2011 at 06:02 PM.
    "For I am Mars, the God of War, and I will cut you down" Lemmy Kilmister

176. It takes just one Macedonian army and their king to pacify all of Greece(compared to it taking me 8legions to pacify Greece as Rome).
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

177. The Seleucid Empire was responsible for the Ptolemaic, Parthian, Pontic, Armenian and Pergamese genocides...
    178. Armenian Nakharars are bastard spawn of satan

179. Egyptian's can fly...when Kataphrakt Elephants are present
    Last edited by Everto; January 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM.