Thread: What BDH can do for you!

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default What BDH can do for you!

Okay, I followed BDH's map making tutorial and so far I have come up with this,

That is a comparison with the RTW map..

Thank's BDH!

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Wow, talk about a very nice map! I think i'll be seeing the emergence of plenty extremely accurate maps in the near future in the modding community.

PyrrhusIV

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

is that just a portion of the map, or are you creating a campaign focused on britain?

It is just going to be britian

Here is the final map cut and doubled in size;

Notice the vanilla map! All work was done by me in one night, but is all possible thanks to BDH's tutorial.

MY TWC HISTORY

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Did he ever fix the more than one faction CTD?

I could not get his maps to work so i can do regions and stuff with the RTR map and with a Sicily campaign I was working on because it CTD's every time after I add more than 2 factions in the game through coding. Has this been fixed bdh?

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos
    Did he ever fix the more than one faction CTD?

I could not get his maps to work so i can do regions and stuff with the RTR map and with a Sicily campaign I was working on because it CTD's every time after I add more than 2 factions in the game through coding. Has this been fixed bdh?
    Well, I've always said that it was a coding problem associated with RTR, but similiar maps using the same technique have been implemented successfully. The Age of Hellas map (if you look at the files) was also used satellite data. So, I imagine that it isn't a bug associated with the mapping process itself. Why it didn't work very well when you were coding the sicily map has always been very confusing, but (provided someone doesn't encounter any problems in coding) the maps themselves should work. I'll have to take another look at those files somtime soon for the sicily map, the new version of RTR may have solved the problem, you never know.

And thanks kscott for all the publicity!
    That is a very well made map
    Given any number of random, even contradictory metaphysical postulates, a justification, however absurd, can be logically developed.

Mapping advances anybody can use. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

What's up with the trend of making maps ginormous these days? Nothing against your map, it looks great, but why so large, really? I found the RTW map to be plenty big, and it seems to me that with larger maps such as this one you will just run into the problem of armies taking decades to cross Ireland, since as far as I know unit movement speeds can only be altered so much. Do you think that the regular map is just too constrictive, or are people just trying to make larger maps for the hell of it?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

well for one,

Sel (correctly) talked me out of the larger map. It is already converted down to just barely above the RTW map size. Provinces will be spaced pretty much like vanilla gaul, the perfect medium I believe. And probably a two/four year script.

The goal is long hard wars.. Not little wars that wipe out a civ in a few years.

MY TWC HISTORY

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott
    well for one,

Sel (correctly) talked me out of the larger map. It is already converted down to just barely above the RTW map size. Provinces will be spaced pretty much like vanilla gaul, the perfect medium I believe. And probably a two/four year script.

The goal is long hard wars.. Not little wars that wipe out a civ in a few years.
    Bah, you're no fun
    Sel may be right, but big maps are just so awe inspring
    Given any number of random, even contradictory metaphysical postulates, a justification, however absurd, can be logically developed.

Mapping advances anybody can use. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035

Indeed, thats why I went for the huge map at first(Nearly exactly as big as your britian map I happen to have ), but i believe a Britian the sixe of RTW Europe will be best. I already got all the base files down I think...

MY TWC HISTORY

whats the relative timeframe you're looking at for the campaign, also how many factions do you plan to use.

Well this is Pax Brittania. Factions won't be many.

The ones that are definatly in are the Romano-British, Saxons, and celts. The saxons will be spilt into the Saxons, Jutes, and Anglii.

Celts im not sure about yet.

MY TWC HISTORY