Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Recruitment Agency

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Default Tsardoms Total War - Recruitment Agency

(updated: 18-07-2011)

Hello dear fans and visitors!

Tsardoms: Total War is searching for somebody who is will to help, and be part of this unique mod! We need people who will put all effort on their assignment, with full responsibility for it! If you know some things that we require and have skills for making it come true, please sign in this thread, we will contact you as soon as we can.

Currently Tsardoms Total War needs:

1. Italian Researcher - someone (preferably native Italian, but it isn't necessary) who is willing to help us with the western parts of the map, italian units, buildings, titles, technology trees, settlements etc. etc... he should be willing to help us and to do work....

2. Sound Guy - someone who must "compile" all the tons of music pieces we have, check them if they are appropriate, categorize them, edit them etc. etc... and make everything else needed for getting them ready for inserting them into the game... (he must have a descent knowledge of sound processing and modifying programs in order to get the job) OPTIONAL... and more importantly, as also mentioned above, he must be willing to help and work... - POSITION COVERED

former recruiting positions
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-researcher and historian for Swiss Faction -Done
    -researcher and historian for Austiran Faction
    -researcher and historian for Sicilian Faction
    -skinner or/and modeler -Done
    -coder or/and scripter -Done

RED: high priority
    GREEN: low priority

Last edited by SpyrosM91; July 25, 2011 at 07:28 AM.
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: TSARDOMS NEED YOU!

Nice way to gather volunteers

SpyrosM91's Avatar Despotes

that's right, we need you:

Proud Tsardoms Total War: Historian - Coder - Scripter - Mapper

Sicilian faction = Trinacria (aragonese)

TTW GRANDMASTER

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Hey guys I am a big fan of the swiss and would love to help with research for this faction. I've already gathered some good articles on the topic when posting for the swiss faction's roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Hey guys I am a big fan of the swiss and would love to help with research for this faction. I've already gathered some good articles on the topic when posting for the swiss faction's roster.
    yeah i know
    but we need someone who can make swiss roster not only pics
    if you're interested, contact me by pm

here's one example of good researcher
    unit from the wallachian roster

Armaş's Guardsmen
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Soldiers similar to Slujitori Armasiei in action in 15th century. though the image comes from the 16th century, so there was likely some contemporary influence. Though the image is rudimentary (and blurry, sorry about that) you can notice the breast-plate, helmet style (guys in the middle) and the halberds and boots.

Armour/Clothing: Steel breastplate covers the torso. Arms are covered up to the elbow either by leather lamellar armor or chainmail. The rest of the arm is covered by a loose-fitting cotton shirt. Chainmail extends halfway down the thighs for further protection, covering the long shirt.

Follow the image above as a good guide for the entire unit.

Headwear: Similar to the upgraded viteji, composed of a more oriental style (Russian) helmet with chainmail underneath that extends over the shoulders and the front and back of the torso. The coloring is steel. Helmet could also be similar to one already used by the voinic unit.

Footwear: Leather boots extending halfway up the shins. The legs also have metal knee protectors. Long cotton pants are worn, coloring usually light or tan.

Shields: None.

Weapons: Primary weapon is halberd, but can switch to straight-edged longsword as secondary weapon. No fancy decorations on weapons.

mounted: No mount.

Additional equipment: Tan, short leather gloves.

UPGRADE

Armour/Clothing: Steel breastplate still covers the chest, but in addition laminated steel armor covers the upper arms, thighs, as well as steel greaves covering the shins. Round steel plates cover the front of the armpits. A long-sleve chainmail shirt is worn under this. The steel plates could have a small spike on them or not, and could also vary in design. Look at pictures for inspiration, I think samples exist in M2:TW on the Gothic knights, so you don't need to make them from scratch.

^The above image is a good design to follow.

Footwear: A laminated steel plate, curving around 1/3 of the leg's circumferance, covers the outside of each thigh, and in addition, steel greaves are worn. Same boots as before.

^Example of thigh protectors attached to the cuirass.

^ Shape of greaves, note how it's not supposed to be form-fitting.

^ horizontal lamination pattern used on thigh protectors.
    Headwear: Same as Ottoman voynuk infantry.

Shields: none.

Weapons: Same as before.

mounted: No mount.

Additional equipment: SAME.

This unit is supposed to be a rare, elite unit, symbolizing the advancement of arms in Wallachia at the end of the 15th century, and beginning of the 16th century (in upgraded version).

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Who's the researcher? Deserves some rep!

I think Romano Dacis.

TTW GRANDMASTER

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

I would love to help however those three factions are in my blindspot and I don't have the time to educate myself due to uni.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Wallachian accepted in the team

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Romano-Dacis

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    I would love to help however those three factions are in my blindspot and I don't have the time to educate myself due to uni.
    well, which faction can you do?

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

well, which faction can you do?
    Naples, Hungary (although my Hungarian knowledge is much more political than military, as a non Hungarian speaker its VERY hard to get military info, I would recommend Dome or Csatadi for that; however I have studied the Angevin political period extensively) and the Papacy.

I could have helped you guys quite a bit with Achaea back when it was a faction, as the Φραγκοκρατία, or Frankish Crusader rule, of the Roman Greek lands is a favorite subject of mine. I could still do some research into the Duchy of Athens for you, but my knowledge of them once they were taken over by the Catalans is limited.

If you would like, I could post some research about these factions when I have a moment. I wouldn't be comfortable committing to the team as to be honest my time really is limited because of university.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    Naples, Hungary (although my Hungarian knowledge is much more political than military, as a non Hungarian speaker its VERY hard to get military info, I would recommend Dome or Csatadi for that; however I have studied the Angevin political period extensively) and the Papacy.

I could have helped you guys quite a bit with Achaea back when it was a faction, as the Φραγκοκρατία, or Frankish Crusader rule, of the Roman Greek lands is a favorite subject of mine. I could still do some research into the Duchy of Athens for you, but my knowledge of them once they were taken over by the Catalans is limited.

If you would like, I could post some research about these factions when I have a moment. I wouldn't be comfortable committing to the team as to be honest my time really is limited because of university.
    well, we already have hungary from magyar mod
    naples has roster
    anyways, you can always help in open public part

I think you already can have a Sicilian / Aragonese researcher

I know nothing of modding and scripting, but I could help with research...just say me which faction to research and how I should present my work?

Hi,

As i said in the related thread i started, if you guys are interested into getting more appropriate audio coverage for the factions in this mod, let me know.
    I will be happy to help out , i have already sent Il Duce few tracks so he can take a hear at them , hasn't come back to me with an answer yet.

So yea that's that , let me know with an ' official' statement if possible.

thanks

Sir.Cojocarius's Avatar Civis

I'm not good enough to give researches.. But when I find good facts I will still of course share them here on the forum. As I hope everyone will do, that support this mod

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    eeeeee! Rep!!!

Jk, but seriously we could use some talented researchers to do these factions justice, even though these factions are on the periphery of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by brennas View Post
    I think you already can have a Sicilian / Aragonese researcher
    well, yes. already talked to you
    anyways, i'll contact you tomorrow. send me your msn account on PM, if you have one
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    I know nothing of modding and scripting, but I could help with research...just say me which faction to research and how I should present my work?
    well, a lot of factions are already researched, but if you can present how well you can do, be my guest post it in here
    Quote Originally Posted by stfd View Post
    Hi,

As i said in the related thread i started, if you guys are interested into getting more appropriate audio coverage for the factions in this mod, let me know.
    I will be happy to help out , i have already sent Il Duce few tracks so he can take a hear at them , hasn't come back to me with an answer yet.

So yea that's that , let me know with an ' official' statement if possible.

thanks
    what kind of audio coverage? if you mean by music, you can do it in public.
    you gotta describe me more. sorry but for music i can't give you access in dev

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    well, yes. already talked to you
    anyways, i'll contact you tomorrow. send me your msn account on PM, if you have one

well, a lot of factions are already researched, but if you can present how well you can do, be my guest post it in here

what kind of audio coverage? if you mean by music, you can do it in public.
    you gotta describe me more. sorry but for music i can't give you access in dev

Im talking about custom audio coverage for each faction in the campain map and maybe also on the battle map.
    I would voluntarilly submit my researched finds to you guys, i dont need to get any kind of access to the files or anything like that, no worries ...
    All i need to know if you guys are interested , so that i also know if i should continue researching propper ,fitting audio coverage - kinda takes time doing it all and would like to know if there is an interest.

So let me know.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast