Thread: Just Some Questions

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Just Some Questions

Just some questions about the mod

1. Wondering what role princesses will have, if any?
    2. Will there be 2 campaigns?? because i noted that there is early and late normans, or is there a script that makes the change over??
    3.Is there going to be any scripted viking invasions or other scripted events?
    4. Are there going to be special ancillaries and traits? (like regional titles, crowns, "King of England/Danelaw/etc")

Oh i just thought, if you have not already implemented it into the mod, whether this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257175 would be useful

Now I know all of these things may be non-existant in the first version but i was wondering just the same
    Its looking really good!!Keep up the great work

P.S could we have a special thread for these kind of thing (discussion thread?) please devs? so that we dont waste space with our pointless and time consuming threads?

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: Just Some Questions

Quote Originally Posted by blip99 View Post
    Just some questions about the mod

1. Wondering what role princesses will have, if any?
    2. Will there be 2 campaigns?? because i noted that there is early and late normans, or is there a script that makes the change over??
    4. Are there going to be special ancillaries and traits? (like regional titles, crowns, "King of England/Danelaw/etc")

Oh i just thought, if you have not already implemented it into the mod, whether this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257175 would be useful

Now I know all of these things may be non-existant in the first version but i was wondering just the same
    Its looking really good!!Keep up the great work

P.S could we have a special thread for these kind of thing (discussion thread?) please devs? so that we dont waste space with our pointless and time consuming threads?
    Here's some answers, based on what i've seen so far:
    1) Princesses will have the same role as before. (I don't recall seeing anything about them so i'm not sure on this)
    2) There is one campaign with a conversion script - you could stay as the early normans the entire game.
    3 & 4) These will have to be answered by GatorMarine (although I haven't seen him respond to a post asking about either of these, but i'd rather he focused on getting the mod finished than answering EVERYONE'S questions).
    -Heathen Storm

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Here's some answers, based on what i've seen so far:
    1) Princesses will have the same role as before. (I don't recall seeing anything about them so i'm not sure on this)
    2) There is one campaign with a conversion script - you could stay as the early normans the entire game.
    3 & 4) These will have to be answered by GatorMarine (although I haven't seen him respond to a post asking about either of these, but i'd rather he focused on getting the mod finished than answering EVERYONE'S questions).
    -Heathen Storm
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply I agree with you that he should focus on the mod rather than answer our questions but i just thought a discussion between fans would be kind of cool and maybe now and again when the devs get the chance they can answer our questions.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

1. Princess
    Yes!

2. Campaign
    Yes

Thanks Heathen Storm!

3. Scripted invasion
    Yes, we have!

4. ancillaries and traits
    Yes, GatorMarine made some, for example (viking):

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    Ancillaries example:

Bear standard - command and hitpoint bonus

Handaxe - increased attack

Ornate Gjermundbu - increased dread and looting

Famed Raider - increase dread and looting

Black horse - increased movement points (low), increased command

and some anothers
    (like regional titles, crowns, "King of England/Danelaw/etc")

Yes, good idea, but we have some similar threads, but nobody uses them... but this is not problem!
    Proposals for the Next Version
    Suggestions thread
    Last edited by danova; September 25, 2010 at 07:04 AM.

For special Crowns and traits, there are some neat ones I put in there (most of these I want to leave as a surprise ), like for example if you are Harald Tanglehair (who starts with the crown for King of Vestfold), and you lead Vestfold to conquer specific regions of Norway, your character's name will change to Harald Fairhair and he will gain the crown for King of Norway.

There are others like this for Scotland, England, and a couple of other factions.

Along with the changing nickname of Harald Fairhair, there are other leaders who need to "achieve" their historicals nicknames (Alfred wasn't born "the Great" and Edmund was born a Martyr !)

PS: Edmund doesn't necessarily have to die to become "The Martyr", otherwise there would be no point in adding it, but you have to get close to death

Upon release I will put out a guide for how to achieve these things, but most of you will be able to figure them out by looking at the traits files

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMarine1833 View Post
    For special Crowns and traits, there are some neat ones I put in there (most of these I want to leave as a surprise ), like for example if you are Harald Tanglehair (who starts with the crown for King of Vestfold), and you lead Vestfold to conquer specific regions of Norway, your character's name will change to Harald Fairhair and he will gain the crown for King of Norway.

There are others like this for Scotland, England, and a couple of other factions.

Along with the changing nickname of Harald Fairhair, there are other leaders who need to "achieve" their historicals nicknames (Alfred wasn't born "the Great" and Edmund was born a Martyr !)

PS: Edmund doesn't necessarily have to die to become "The Martyr", otherwise there would be no point in adding it, but you have to get close to death

Upon release I will put out a guide for how to achieve these things, but most of you will be able to figure them out by looking at the traits files

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! gatormarine you sir are the beezkneez!!!!!!! +rep

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

... seeing these Q&A's just makes me want this mod even more! >_<

@Danova
    Thanks soooo much for that reply!!! explains alot to me that i thought i was missing!
    Makes me want to play this mod even more!!!

@GatorMarine1833
    You are a master of your art sir! This is awesome!! +rep!!