Thread: Help Installing

Default Help Installing

I downloaded .98b today and was looking forward to it. But when I tried to install it, it said it couldn't create:
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\Uninstal.$$A

It'd be great if you could help me with this, I'm really looking forward to your mod.

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Help Installing

you know what? im going through the same thing lol i made a thread earlier today, and i was able to install it but now i have this problem
    "Tengo deberes sagrados que cumplir
    y los cumpliré hasta quemar el último cartucho" Francisco Bolognesi

It's late here (almost 5 in the morning), but until I take a fresh look at the installer tomorrow you could try to install version 0.97, the manual way.

thanks m8 I've been playing .97 and it's so much fun I'm really looking forward to .98b now. cheers

so have you figured out whats wrong with it? I'm starting to get jittery waiting on it xD

I've tried the installer and it works fine on my computer. I attach the v0.98b patch, which can be installed over 0.97. I'm sorry for not responding earlier, I must be losing my mind with some other situations, I just plain forgot to respond...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabius Maximus View Post
    I downloaded .98b today and was looking forward to it. But when I tried to install it, it said it couldn't create:
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\Uninstal.$$A

It'd be great if you could help me with this, I'm really looking forward to your mod.
    Do you have a downloaded version of this game? I have a downloaded version of it, and I recieved this exact same problem. So, I simply installed it into another location where I had the downloaded files, and it worked fine for me. Hope this helps

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by NRose97 View Post
    Do you have a downloaded version of this game? I have a downloaded version of it, and I recieved this exact same problem. So, I simply installed it into another location where I had the downloaded files, and it worked fine for me. Hope this helps
    It seems the simplest solution to me.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

iam with the same issue

debux's Avatar Senator

Either what cpdwane said, or you didn't give the installer admin rights to modify your programs folder, if you have win7 (not sure about win vista)
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )