Thread: iranian skeleton, hoax?

Default iranian skeleton, hoax?

http://paleoshilling.nl/whatsnew.html

hoax, or not? perhaps you fine folks of TWC will lend your intelligent scrutinizing and healthy skepticism to maybe clear this up.

now it has been thought (by me atleast) that this was another "hoax" for the game Shadow of Colossus (PS2) , however it doesn't have the characteristics of some of the other proven hoaxes for the game. one reason I am curious about this though : note the choice words ; also note the artists rendition

However, with a colossus of such size, and such a massive "wingspan" - if they indeed are wings - would have made its flying capability close to supernatural.
    also you'd think there'd be more information on a discovery of this magnitude.

here are some of the proven and obvious hoaxes, marketing, w/e, for the Shadow of Colussus game.

http://www.arkadysimkin.pl/infocus_eng.html , also note the choice words on the radio interview

( taken from here )

there is also what has been dubbed the "tsunami giant video" where you can clearly see rune markings on the "skeleton". highly probable another hoax by the same people. http://giantology.net/videos/tsunami_giant.mov ; again note the choice words the reporter used.

it's clear that the "siberian ice giant" and "tsunami giant" are fake and have eerily similar characteristics to the things in "Shadow of Colossus" video game. What about the Iranian skeleton though? what are your thoughts?

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

fake.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

thanks for killing the thread on the first post.

maybe you can talk about your reasons for thinking it's fake, why it's not possibly real

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

How could it possibly be real? What the hell would this animal's purpose be? And As you said, kids have recently been making all these stupid joke things about the game, and in the midst of all these things a new one appears looking exactly like one of the game things?
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

The 'bones' on the spinal cord don't look real, they look like cement. Have you noticed the sheer size of the 'head'? There's little chance that 'creature' could have even lifted it's own head based on it's size in relation to the rest of the body.

I say fake.

But still a great looking natual (or man adjusted) rock formation all the same!! :original:
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; December 09, 2005 at 05:53 PM.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

In the last video, the fossile is clearly added by computer.

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Well it seems like this guy is on his own with his find- obviously a hoax, otherwise it would by now have been swarmed with scientists and paleontologists from all directions. A marketing gimmick- and nothing more.

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If anyone found something so cool and put it on the internet hundreds of scientists would be there trying to rent that spot to research. it would be all over the news by now if anything like that was found.
    I say it is fake. Also, the proportions make the head too heavy for the spine type. It has a reptilian neck, but a head that would weigh too much for any muscle mass to hold. Even in water it wouldn't work. It would need yo be shaped like a whale - with one neck bone and rib cage all adjoined - for it to float.
    Also, those bones look like cement moldings covered with man-made rock.

here is the other "giant" found underwater:

http://divethedeepscuba.com.au/giant.html

did you guys know that dragons were real too?

don't beleive me, but go see what discover channels says:

http://animal.discovery.com/converge...ons/index.html

video preview: (proof!!!)

http://media.animal.discovery.com/st...e.swf?obj=V001

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...well you'll never learn.
    People actually believe that suddenly remains of gigantic never before heard of creatures appear everywhere and call similarities to a new PS2 game "coincidence"? I thought that at least by the third time you would have stopped asking yourself whether it is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...well you'll never learn.
    People actually believe that suddenly remains of gigantic never before heard of creatures appear everywhere and call similarities to a new PS2 game "coincidence"? I thought that at least by the third time you would have stopped asking yourself whether it is real.
    Next trivia:

Real or fake?

____(name)____They are among the largest specimens ever found, reaching 50 feet in length.

the size:

Archer's creature is quite possible: it is far smaller than many whales. The other creatures are simply absurd. They would be heavy enough to crush their own lungs on a planet with hale of earth's gravity. And what would such a creature eat? A man can eat a pound of food, and by that ratio these creatures would devour herds of elephants! Unless it fed on radiation and was a man in a rubber suit. "It's Godzilla! Run, run, everbody run before your lips and the sound of your voice desyncronizes!"

However, undersea creatures can be larger than land creatures. Still, if these are reptiles and follow the normal head-body ratio for creatures like them of that time period, they would probably push the envolpe too far. A blue whale is about as big as you can feasibly get. The Future is Wild created a creature called a Toraton that had the maximun wieght for land creatures at 200 tons. That creature in the first post looks like far more than 200 tons.
    I do not spell check my posts. Please do not point out spelling errors. I am literate but I am also lazy.

He who fights and runs away lives to die another day.

rez
    Yes Lord Snibb is mostly right

Darth Wong's Avatar Pit Bull

Until an archaeological "discovery" is published in peer-reviewed scientific journals, it should not be taken seriously. Especially when its only source seems to be on the Internet (and that's leaving any specific issues with any of these particular specimens).

Ah, the Internet ... where credibility is a simple matter of good HTML skills and an official-sounding domain name.

Yes, I have a life outside the Internet and Rome Total War
    "Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions" - Stephen Colbert
    Under the kind patronage of Seleukos

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Next trivia:

Real or fake?

____(name)____They are among the largest specimens ever found, reaching 50 feet in length.
    Ichthyosaur.