Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TROM2 - Gameplay thread

Default Re: TROM2 - Gameplay thread

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    could u maby Tone down the Chance of Fire and Explosions of ships i had a Naval battle Today 8 french vs 9 British 7 of the 9 British Ships Exploded before the battle was over and 2 of those Explosions was when i was Boarding =( the ship would Rearly Explode in Reality
    The explosion chance is alraedy toned down from vanilla. Guess you had bad luck. I never had that many explosions in my naval battles. To tone down he chance of ships catching fire yourself, get PFM, open trom2_core.pack and then lower projectile_incendiary_chance_high and projectile_incendiary_chance_low in the kv_rules table.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I'll vouch for that- I LOVE the naval battles; being ex-navy I'm happiest on the quarterdeck and almost never autocalc the naval engagements. In about 12 naval battles (most with 4+ ships per side) I've only seen two explosions. Much, much better than Vanilla. Lots of fires, but only two blown up.

If I see a ship on fire, mind you, I stay the fugg away.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Hi
    My first game experience has been the 1812 campaign playing as Russia.
    - I was able to stop the French at Smolensk initially
    - As the months passed more and more powers engaged in war against me
    - I enjoyed a brief campaign into Turkey, who had been at war with me from the start
    - Eventually by late 1816 I decide to abandon because practically everybody is at war against me and several of my territories have been taken by France, the Ottomans, the Tartar Rebels, Sweden, and even Britain disembarked and held one territory for a while.

I am happy with the experience but mainly regret that France made peace with Britain relatively early and Britain made war against me. If that can happen then there's little chance for the Russian nor to beat France.
    Going to start a new campaign now, in 1812, with Prussia, see how long I last (in my initial campaign both Prussia and Austria got conquered by France and dissapeared as nations !)

Enjoyed the new units very much, thanks.

I recommend playing on normal campaign difficulty (and hard battle difficulty) to avoid such situations. On harder difficulties the AI tends to focus on the player.

What difficulty is recommended for the battles against the cpu ?

Hard difficulty.

Ok, I will try to put NORMAL difficulty on campaign, instead of HARD because now i have been playing the 1812 campaign as the Prussian and in the end the same sort of thing happened, EVERYONE declared war on me.
    By far the singlest most frustrating feature of this mod, which should be hardcoded out of existence, is that at some point Great Britain and France make peace. Perhaps this won't happen in normal, I don't know, but it sure is annoying.

I really enjoy playing this mod, thanks for making it.

Hi to all, I wrote a post to do my compliments to Yarkis and his team,for their splendid job in recreating the Napoleon's erea, I try many mods, but I have to say this was the best one.The movement of the unit on the battlefield is great ,the troops actually march instead of running like fools and see the cavalry that actually go around troops in square formation like they do in reality instead of engaging the enemy in a suicide attack his trully amazing! Everything was make with great attention to details and I'm proud and happy to play the mod.I have to say that Trom2 is away from been perfect but with the skills that Yarkis and team proove to have until now I'm sure they correct those few bugs and make the game even better.Sure the campaign ai need to be adjusted and the naval battle ai have to be inprooved,I found a little bit too easy to beat.Probably I will post my exsperience with Trom2 later; now gentlemen if you excuse me I will go to play

PS:Is IEM France retexture mod included in Trom2? and if no is it compatible?
    Last edited by ManoFWar; June 24, 2011 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManoFWar View Post
    Hi to all, I wrote a post to do my compliments to Yarkis and his team,for their splendid job in recreating the Napoleon's erea, I try many mods, but I have to say this was the best one.The movement of the unit on the battlefield is great ,the troops actually march instead of running like fools and see the cavalry that actually go around troops in square formation like they do in reality instead of engaging the enemy in a suicide attack his trully amazing! Everything was make with great attention to details and I'm proud and happy to play the mod.I have to say that Trom2 is away from been perfect but with the skills that Yarkis and team proove to have until now I'm sure they correct those few bugs and make the game even better.Sure the campaign ai need to be adjusted and the naval battle ai have to be inprooved,I found a little bit too easy to beat.Probably I will post my exsperience with Trom2 later; now gentlemen if you excuse me I will go to play

PS:Is IEM France retexture mod included in Trom2? and if no is it compatible?
    The AI is outside my range. We have to play with what CA programmed. The IEM textures for France are already included in the mod.

debux's Avatar Senator

I don't want to start a new thread for this, but I never read it anywhere (sorry if it was!): how do you recruit? Or are new units conscripted by years? It's that it called my attention that I can only recruit a few AoR units (highland foot for Britain, Cossac cav for Russia)
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

There are around 200 new custom units in the mod plus additional AOR units. The AOR units are only available from conquered provinces.

debux's Avatar Senator

EDIT: Damn, I'm so smart. Never thought I'd forgotten to replace the "campaigns" folder on the main data folder for NTW. Thanks anyways!
    Last edited by debux; June 26, 2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Ok, I will try to put NORMAL difficulty on campaign, instead of HARD because now i have been playing the 1812 campaign as the Prussian and in the end the same sort of thing happened, EVERYONE declared war on me.
    By far the singlest most frustrating feature of this mod, which should be hardcoded out of existence, is that at some point Great Britain and France make peace. Perhaps this won't happen in normal, I don't know, but it sure is annoying.
    Yes. The only drawback to this amazing mod is anything past normal and diplomacy goes out the window. I am trying to survive a Austrian campaign on H/H. Might not make it as Russian asked me to be an ally and join their war on Italy and then a few turns later declared war on me.

The battles in this mod are top notch. Probably the best I have ever played.

XESC or something like that, how do i transfer to movie maker? I've tryed changing the end of the file to .wmv but it doesn't work.

Okay so i've recently donwnloaded microsoft expression encoder 4 and recorded some gameplay, i'm unfamlier with how it works and how i get the files onto movie maker, as the program saves them as .XESC or something like that, how do i transfer to movie maker? I've tryed changing the end of the file to .wmv but it doesn't work.

discover more here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12