Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Gameplay thread

Default TROM2 - Gameplay thread

Post your gameplay experiences, questions, and advices to beat TROM2 here.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; September 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM.

Default Re: TROM2 - Gameplay thread

Question: What is the melee score of artillery crews? It isn't posted in their stats.

All artillery has 4 melee, 4 charge, 3 defence and 3 moral Russian artillery crews have 5 defence and 4 moral. Elite artillery has one point added to each stat. The crews are a bit stronger then in vanilla NTW and can cause some losses especially against weak troops like armed citizenry or militia but not more.

Guys well done on another great Trom mod. Loved Trom 1 and now looking forward to this one for NTW. Cant quite see where you have explained about the optional expansion pack and what it does.
    Also I had originally tried NOW and noted that the black watch voice files were corrupted and as a scot (and keen to try out the scottish troops, I wondered if you had the same problem?
    Also do you recommend using the new Mod Manager for NTW?

I have included a working mod manager in the installation files. The trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack is necessary for playing the custom TROM2 campaigns. The trom2_easier_economy_submod.pack is there if you find the TROM2 economy to hard. It has to be above trom2_core in the modmanger list to work properly.

Any mod suffers from sound bugs and nobody knows how to fix that.

thank you mate - appreciated.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Any mod suffers from sound bugs and nobody knows how to fix that.
    you mean CTD bugs ?
    i had CTD with 3 mods tested, and none without mods.

finally i disable cache sound in sound options of the game, desactive ATI sound driver, and replace some values in empire_preferences_script:

multithreaded_model_enabled true by multithreaded_model_enabled false
    bink_use_thread true by bink_use_thread false
    number_of_threads 0 by number_of_threads 1
    now it looks like i have no more CTD or reboot

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

I think the Kurgan meant the unit voices when you give commands. Like line infantry refering itself as elit infantry or revolutionary infantry and other wrong designations. It happens when you add new units and it happens with every mod, because moders can't access the neccessary files to fix that.

diadok's Avatar Senator

now you say i have hear that one time, revolutionary infantry says "elite" (i thought "hey pretentious french ?")

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    I think the Kurgan meant the unit voices when you give commands. Like line infantry refering itself as elit infantry or revolutionary infantry and other wrong designations. It happens when you add new units and it happens with every mod, because moders can't access the neccessary files to fix that.

yes that's exactly right. When I click on my fav Black Watch they say something like "elite french revolutionary guard".

C'est la vie ( such is life )
    If the Kurgan wins the prize, mankind will suffer an Eternity of Darkness.... while watching The Hunt for Red October .... over and over ad nauseum...

Common problem in my campaign, not sure it's fixable bus still: Ai keeps huge (full stack) garrisons in some of his cities without moving them out. It results very nice city assaults , but at the same time AI doesn't have spare stacks to start expansion. Also I find every faction very passive

Will be different in 1.8. As I posted in another thread there is a little problem with the CAI and how the mod is modfoldered. In 1.8 you will see even Spain trying to expand.

Actually I was talking about France and GB

Quote Originally Posted by AirnetSnake View Post
    Actually I was talking about France and GB
    They will be more agressive too.

Whats the time frame for 1.8? soon I hope. Love your mod.

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

I do not know if this was modded specifically or a residue of tailoring the mod's economy. If you play the Russo Faction in most other Mods and vanilla as well previous versions of TROM2 (1.6 and earlier??? ) there appears to be a nice mix of trade income and creating peice treaties that can early on give you enough income to the Russo treasury to keep your kingdom afloat. However... with the adaptations of 1.7 and now 1.8 patch Russia starts off in the negative. The only way to keep your faction afloat is to push the tax rate up VERY HIGH as well as the normal tactics previously and normally employed for the Russo Faction. There seems to be a very tight rope where when you get into your first war you can barely raise or maintain a large enough force to face one faction such as Ottomans or Prussia. If you are in the situation I am in and have had both the Prussians and the Ottomans declare war on me at once I can only imagine the decimation I am going to incur as Prussia at this moment borders my North Western boarder and the Ottomans my Southern, Western and lower Southwestern of my nation.

Is this intentional? If so kudos! lol I have had to rethink my strategy for the Russians as I've had some much different outcomes for the diplomacy. But it's MUCH more difficult. Maybe somebody on your team Yarkis to test play the RUssos to see if it is indeed meant to be that way? I could just use the economy submod; but I'd rather not have an easier economy. Just a "fair" one. Does any other faction start with a difficult deficet from the get go? Intentional???

Other than that I love what's been done since 1.7. The other day I had skirmishers for my opponent hiding in a thicket of woods in front of the battlefield. In other earlier versions I never had to worry about skirmishers. They would just form on the flanks like normal infantry. Now, they are spread out across the battlefield. Those skirmishers in the woods? I ran into them as I NEVER detached units ahead to form picket lines and my main line got raked with fire. So... much improved BAI. I love it!

Cheers!

Actually, the earlier versions of TROM2 had an even harder economy for most factions. 1.8 has more upkeep for Russia because it has more starting units with its Baltic fleet. Without its navy it would still be in the positive. So make good use of the fleet (raiding; occupying a trade node).

For Russia I suggest lowering the taxes one notch for the lower class, not raise them. You will actually get a little bit more money because of less policing costs. Managing the unrest when playing Russia is very important. Also by lowering taxes you will have less losses from negative growth which is an important factor for the long term economic success. If your provinces have a positive growth (and you have many provinces) you will gain a little bit of more money each turn, which adds up on the long run.

I played Russia on vh and still managed to win. But that was an earlier version. Could be that the CAI is more aggressive now. You can play on normal for example, where the AI diplomacy is more reasonable. The economic and military challgenes are the same on each difficulty level in TROM2 since the changes in 1.7.

Russia is perfectly made! Hard and difficultly, but it is realistic and it is correct! I as Russian can speak! I play on hard-hard.

Yes, France is definitely more aggressive. All I've managed to do as Prussia is try to hold them at bay!
    La Garde recule.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

could u maby Tone down the Chance of Fire and Explosions of ships i had a Naval battle Today 8 french vs 9 British 7 of the 9 British Ships Exploded before the battle was over and 2 of those Explosions was when i was Boarding =( the ship would Rearly Explode in Reality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast