Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    Though I do wonder, if the British do capture Nuestra Senora de la Santisima Trinidad, can the Spanish build another?
    No, they can't.

ibigscarymonster's Avatar Civis

Hi,
    I love TROM2, great work J I started a new campaign as the French and it’s awesome! I’m broke, the English landed a full stack in Brittany and I’m in a war of attrition with the Prussian’s. Anyways, I’m not sure if this is a bug but some Austrian ships raided my trading port just South of Milan (I forget the name). I retook it and repaired it but it doesn’t create a trade route to my merchantmen on a spice node off Algeria. I changed my drydock in Toulon to a trading port just to see if it would spawn a new trade route but that didn’t work either. Have you ever heard of this happening before?

Quote Originally Posted by ibigscarymonster View Post
    Hi,
    I love TROM2, great work J I started a new campaign as the French and it’s awesome! I’m broke, the English landed a full stack in Brittany and I’m in a war of attrition with the Prussian’s. Anyways, I’m not sure if this is a bug but some Austrian ships raided my trading port just South of Milan (I forget the name). I retook it and repaired it but it doesn’t create a trade route to my merchantmen on a spice node off Algeria. I changed my drydock in Toulon to a trading port just to see if it would spawn a new trade route but that didn’t work either. Have you ever heard of this happening before?
    Does the trade node has a trade route to any of your ports port?

ibigscarymonster's Avatar Civis

My Atlantic ports are being blockaded but the new one I created in Toulon should have linked up with it and I tried a different node too. It's weird...

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

I've encountered twice now this sea battle bug where after the battle has gone on about an hour with both myself and the enemy at full stack having the game crash right when I decide it's time to start boarding ships. The game will progress until the boarding party would grapple up and then the game just freezes with a sound loop and I have to Ctr+Alt+Del myself to desktop and hard close the game through XP close program. Has anybody else seen this?
    Last edited by WarnerVH; October 24, 2010 at 01:40 PM.

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

I've taken notice that the two times I've tried to board and got the crash was when I took one of my much larger ships of the line and tried to board a smaller trade ship. Could that have been a problem? Or perhaps I've hit the ceiling for the level of particles and the game just crashed through a memory error. I've tried without success to generate the failure.

Quote Originally Posted by WarnerVH View Post
    I've taken notice that the two times I've tried to board and got the crash was when I took one of my much larger ships of the line and tried to board a smaller trade ship. Could that have been a problem? Or perhaps I've hit the ceiling for the level of particles and the game just crashed through a memory error. I've tried without success to generate the failure.
    I doubt it has to do with the mod, because we didn't change anything regarding boarding. The fact that you can't reproduce the bug points to that too.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

I had a revolution as Spain and their flag on the campaign map changed, but their in-battle flag has, for some reason, become the Austrian flag.

Also, it seems nearly impossible to avoid perpetual bankruptcy as Spain even with multiple trade partners and disbanding several expensive units.

Apologies if this has been noted before but on my TROM2 the unit cards are all doubled up. In some cases tripled.
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.

Quote Originally Posted by Pussywillow View Post
    Apologies if this has been noted before but on my TROM2 the unit cards are all doubled up. In some cases tripled.
    No idea what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    No idea what you mean.
    When you click on a barracks say, to select troops to recruit you get 2xLine Infantry, 2xJagers etc.So many 'doubles' in fact they hardly fit in the space provided.
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.

That can happen if you continue from an old savegame. With a new campaign you won't have such issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    That can happen if you continue from an old savegame. With a new campaign you won't have such issues.
    yes, thanks Yarkis, that makes a lot of sense. Even though I have reloaded the game I still have saved games. I'll delete them and see what happens.

Hi, in my Trom 2 France custom campaign i have units like swedish infantry, scotts highlanders and others totally unhistorical units recruitable at the last military buildings, is a a bug or a fault in my mod installation ?

Thanks

No, the units shown in the building list are recruitable in that building but only in their home countries (AOR units). If foreign units are actually recruitable in France that would be a bug.

I have two issues, one I mentioned before.

Playing as Sweden. In Stockholm under recruitment there are so many units recruitable you can't select mounted jagers. There are still 'doubles' of all units (except mounted jagers). I deleted all save games from earlier versions of the game, makes no difference.

The swedish campaign 'stops' in april 1812. It will not let you take another turn. Both the diplomacy and turn buttons are greyed out. Reloading doesn't work either it still gets stuck at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pussywillow View Post
    I have two issues, one I mentioned before.

Playing as Sweden. In Stockholm under recruitment there are so many units recruitable you can't select mounted jagers. There are still 'doubles' of all units (except mounted jagers). I deleted all save games from earlier versions of the game, makes no difference.

The swedish campaign 'stops' in april 1812. It will not let you take another turn. Both the diplomacy and turn buttons are greyed out. Reloading doesn't work either it still gets stuck at this point.
    The doubling happens if you continue from an old savegame after installing a new TROM2 version with altered esf files. That's why I don't recommend that. It's better to always start a new campaign. The second bug may be related to this. Anybody who started a new campaign as sweden o denmark with TROM2 and could or could not play beyond 1812?

When I try to start a Peninsula campaign, my game crashes! Any help?

When you want to play the Peninsular campaign, disable trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack.

LordKorda's Avatar Foederatus

My game crashes spontaneously (yet almost reliably) after I play one battle on the campaign map. I can either get through the battle and it crashes upon going back to the map, or it crashes near the end of the battle itself. I also have problems seeing the non-textured brown units, skins conflicting somewhere thus negating all unit skins in a particular battle, this happens primarily with France v Russia or France v Prussia, this is not technically repeatable but is frequent. Might have to do with units present in said battles. Otherwise, the game is flawless, love it!

EDIT: I used to have several smaller mods installed, as well as Order of War, but I have removed all traces of all of these. I don't know why TROM2 would remain unstable. I have tried reinstalling this mod with no headway. I also have not been playing on old saves, but TROM2 saves. I have only played as France in the TROM2 campaign, but I predict that these problems are all-inclusive and will happen for me in other factions.
    Last edited by LordKorda; November 16, 2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Elaboration
    Indeed, nobody really expects the Spanish Inquisition.