Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

You have to experiment.

Thanks and congratulations to authors of the mod. I have played the 1812 Russian Campaign for some hours in the last days and have not had a single CTD or problems reloading a SAVE, something that I usually got from other mods I tried.

One bug I found is that the especial symbol to signal that a unit is hidden (like when it's inside woods) doesn't show. Also sometimes I got the rebellion notification but then there were not rebels present on the map.

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

I do not know who created the uniforms for the units that auto-generate when you are defending a city that's besieged. This one is a Landwher from the 1812 campaign. If its relevant this was in Dresden in Saxony after my Prussians caputured it and the French came to try take it back.

The attached image shows the shako which has a weird striped grey effect. At first I thought it was supposed to be one of those waxed shako covers but the presence of the pom-pom and cockade makes this unlikely thus I think its a texture wrongly assigned from somewhere else.

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/22426/Image1.jpg

Do you know whose model this is? Also note grey coat on the unit card, blue coat on the model.

(For some crazy reason TWC refuses to accept links to my image host or even recognize img tags around the url, but if you paste that url in your browser address bar it'll show).
    Last edited by Saddletank; June 29, 2011 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Thanks and congratulations to authors of the mod. I have played the 1812 Russian Campaign for some hours in the last days and have not had a single CTD or problems reloading a SAVE, something that I usually got from other mods I tried.

One bug I found is that the especial symbol to signal that a unit is hidden (like when it's inside woods) doesn't show. Also sometimes I got the rebellion notification but then there were not rebels present on the map.
    Thanks for the feedback. ´Currently I have no idea what could cause the issues you report.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletank View Post
    I do not know who created the uniforms for the units that auto-generate when you are defending a city that's besieged. This one is a Landwher from the 1812 campaign. If its relevant this was in Dresden in Saxony after my Prussians caputured it and the French came to try take it back.

The attached image shows the shako which has a weird striped grey effect. At first I thought it was supposed to be one of those waxed shako covers but the presence of the pom-pom and cockade makes this unlikely thus I think its a texture wrongly assigned from somewhere else.

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/22426/Image1.jpg

Do you know whose model this is? Also note grey coat on the unit card, blue coat on the model.

(For some crazy reason TWC refuses to accept links to my image host or even recognize img tags around the url, but if you paste that url in your browser address bar it'll show).
    Yeah, the colour of the unit should be grey. Will add it to my slowly growing fix list. Not shure about that shako. It's the standard oilskin one from vanilla. Maybe it looks like that in vanilla too.

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

It does, I just checked. Its a pretty shabby texture. Not your fault at all.

Replacing it though would be good, there has to be a better Prussian uniform pack out there that replaces this weird stripey thing?

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

Playing Britain in the 1812 campaign I loaded an army with a general and an agent (gentleman) onto a ship in Bristol harbour. On arrival in Spain the gent had vanished - and I didn't leave him skulking in some bawdyhouse in Bristol... I checked. No idea if this is a CA bug or something introduced by the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletank View Post
    Playing Britain in the 1812 campaign I loaded an army with a general and an agent (gentleman) onto a ship in Bristol harbour. On arrival in Spain the gent had vanished - and I didn't leave him skulking in some bawdyhouse in Bristol... I checked. No idea if this is a CA bug or something introduced by the mod.
    I don't knwo of any such bug. All agents can die of old age.

Foederatus

Reading the description of TROM persuaded me to finally buy NTW after getting burnt with ETW (even though TROM for ETW wasn't bad it could not deal with all the flaws of that game). I must say I'm having a lot of fun with NTW:TROM2.

I am experiencing the white uniform bug in the Peninsular campaign though. It happens only in the campaign and not in single battles (i've only had the game 2 weeks so havent tried the other campaigns yet). My laptop is a i7 quad core, 6gb RAM and 1.5gb gtx460m with win7 64bit. I've tried the userenv fix and the bug persists so it looks like a bug in that campaign.

Re: the agent bug appears to have been left unfixed since ETW as it happened to me in TROM just now. It seems to happen when you merge ships in port with an agent onbvoard one of the ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyrhiew View Post
    Reading the description of TROM persuaded me to finally buy NTW after getting burnt with ETW (even though TROM for ETW wasn't bad it could not deal with all the flaws of that game). I must say I'm having a lot of fun with NTW:TROM2.

I am experiencing the white uniform bug in the Peninsular campaign though. It happens only in the campaign and not in single battles (i've only had the game 2 weeks so havent tried the other campaigns yet). My laptop is a i7 quad core, 6gb RAM and 1.5gb gtx460m with win7 64bit. I've tried the userenv fix and the bug persists so it looks like a bug in that campaign.

Re: the agent bug appears to have been left unfixed since ETW as it happened to me in TROM just now. It seems to happen when you merge ships in port with an agent onbvoard one of the ships.
    The agent bug is nothing I can fix. The white uniform problem is due to a lack of system resources, because the new uniforms for the French require more memory. If the solutions here do not work try to play with the vanilla uniforms submod, which is in the installation package.

Foederatus

I've tried the fix, gamebooster, Large Address Flag and the vanilla submod but the problem still persists. I assume the submod needs to be above trom core correct?

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyrhiew View Post
    I've tried the fix, gamebooster, Large Address Flag and the vanilla submod but the problem still persists. I assume the submod needs to be above trom core correct?
    it´s what it says in the installation notes

Foederatus

Just checking, no need for the sarcasm, I've read an awfull lot of threads trying to get rid of this damned bug and nothing solves it.

Hi all. I've seen a little bug. Sometime AI units seem to form into one big blob in the center of the map and the units seem to needlessly change positions continuously...

I've seen this problem especially when AI was entrenched in defense (when ai didn't move its army for 2 or more turns and on campaing map sticks appears under the feet of the soldier)...

anyone have seen this problem?

Icon4 Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

Playing the 1805 campaign with the extras submod. On the campaign map, all ships are shown as having full guns/no damage. So that I can't tell easily what condition my ships are actually in, and I go into battle and discover that my 74 gun SOLs only have about 50 guns each.

quick question....

flags...

i've seen in videos for this mod that the French and other factions ahve different flags instead of just the plain tricolours, same goes for the Russians et cetera..

Also, the music played by troops... I've not really noticed anything different from vanilla......

These little environmental changes would be brilliant... Or have I just screwed up my load order / is there a conflict? For I have only the trom2 features activated in my mod manager..

Guard mode isn't working

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Hello! I recently download the current version (2.31 i believe) and it's GREAT! but i've been getting crashs from time to time and they've occured during battle (1805 campaign) i have all the trom files checked in my mod manager in the correct order but i also have been using the albui23 mod and 40 army sized stacks. Also i installed primergy grass mod. do you think it's the mods i have installed that arent trom are whats causing the crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    Hello! I recently download the current version (2.31 i believe) and it's GREAT! but i've been getting crashs from time to time and they've occured during battle (1805 campaign) i have all the trom files checked in my mod manager in the correct order but i also have been using the albui23 mod and 40 army sized stacks. Also i installed primergy grass mod. do you think it's the mods i have installed that arent trom are whats causing the crashes?
    Hard to say. My PCs handles TROM2 quite well. I did not try the 4O unit mod. It may be too much for some systems.

game crashes whenever i eliminate britain, after battle statistics window
    France - 1812 campaign - h/h

userscripts:
    mod "trom2_winter_uniforms_submod.pack";
    mod "trom2_BSM_Napoleon_All_in_One_submod.pack";
    mod "trom2_core.pack";
    mod "trom2_enable_1812_campaign.pack";
    mod "trom2_extras_tracers_mod.pack";
    mod "trom2_extras.pack";
    mod "trom2_portrait_fix.pack";
    mod "trom2_text.pack";

on another note many units and some technologies names and descriptions doesn't exist

Are 75%+ of the ancillaries supposed to do nothing now? Across my generals/admirals/ministers/agents, I have about 15 total ancillaries, only 3 of which have any effects when you mouse over them.
    Taxidermist, Dusty Librarian, and Banker are working
    Choirmaster, Governess, Lapdog, Pamphleteer, Wealthy Lawyer, Beau, Boatswain, Flag Lieutenant, and Exiled Nobleman all seem to do nothing.