Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

Default Re: TROM2 - Feedback and Suggestions

Been playing the latest version, but with the 1802 campaign, I find some economic tweaks are needed. I think it's fine that the player must work hard to make some money, but the AI is given absurd army discounts. As France, I feel less like Napoleon conquering Europe and more like Gondor barely holding back the massive armies of Mordor. As France, I have conquered the UK, captured Nelson's fleet, and have maxed out my trade fleet getting ivory and sugar. At most I can afford 4 stacks of armies and still maintain some income. The AI on the other hand has HUGE armies, with no trade ships and barely any territory. Portugal (with it's port blockaded) can still afford 3 and a half army stacks. Prussia, after having destroyed 3 of the army stacks in Hannover, find that there is 3.5 more stacks guarding Berlin and Berlin has it's recruitment slots all maxed out. Maintaining an offence is just impossible because before you can replenish an army to full power, they can build a new army faster.

In short, I can understand giving the AI a large standing army to make invasions difficult, but I think the AI recruitment costs should be greatly increased, so that they can't turn all their territories into endless infantry factories. A great victory should exposing an opening on the campaign map. Instead, after beating back an army of 5000, and killing the routers, I just find the city from which the attack was launched to be defended with enough troops to ensure a stalemate until they build more armies...

Also I think light infantry just preform a little too well in melee. I charge 150 fresh Swiss Grenadiers into 80 rifleman, and somehow I end up losing 60 Grenadiers (the riflemen were also shooting someone else at the time). [These rifleman don't even have bayonets]. And when I charge down 150 light infantrymen with heavy Calvary, the charge rarely has an impact, and the melee can last up to half a minute before they break. Given that the light infantry is spaced out, they should be the perfect fodder for a Calvary charge, given that the wide open spaces ensure there is nothing to stop the horse's moment. I feel I end up losing too many heavy calvarymen when charging down these guys. And when charging light Calvary into light infantry, the light Calvary has a tendency to lose or sustain more then 50% casualties.
    Last edited by Edax; March 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM.

Can somebody teach me how to enable cannons shooting shell instead of round shot in campaign map?
    I can make it in the battle mode but fail in campaign map.

• Too bad Russia has no 122-gun ships.(Turkey has) Because the Russian sailing fleet had such ships and was one of the strongest sailing fleets!