Thread: Canadian Divisions?

Default Canadian Divisions?

I would be interested to see how this mod will use the canadians andd Aussies. the Canadians had extremely high cohesion and brilliant mid level and low level feild officers. And were in the scrum from the very beggining.
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Canadian Divisions?

Both are ingame already, with the Canadians as an elite unit. I'm also thinking about adding a Canadian Infiltration Battalion that I read about.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

A Canadian Infiltration Battalion? Does that refer to the tactics employed by the Canadian Corps, or something else?
    Last edited by Achea; September 24, 2010 at 04:33 PM.

From wikipedia:
    [Hutier/infiltration] tactics emerged gradually during the later years of World War I, used in various forms by the Russian general Aleksei Brusilov in Brusilov Offensive of 1916, by the Canadian Corps at the Battle of Vimy Ridge in April 1917
    The British did not even translate it, but did gradually adopt the techniques, beginning with the Canadian Corps.
    I thought it might be an interesting unit option for Britain. Currently only the Germans have access to infiltration and storm tactics, but this will change.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Sounds interesting. Do the Australians have higher stats than your typical rifle battalion? I think this might be appropriate, as Australia played distinguished parts in several key battles and may have been considered crack infantry themselves.

This mod looks awesome, I can't wait to try out the canucks. I have been wanting to pick up Napoleon TW, I soppose that this is my calling card.
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Same, I think I just might buy Napoleon for this mod. No pictures of the Canadians on this forum though....

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

"as i Canadien, i support this post". this mod is awesome, although maybe indvidual battalions could be added, as well as historical battles like vimy ridge(is this already there? i haven't looked)

If you look at Germany, Italy, France, they do have some more faction specific and individual units. I don't know how specific you mean though, but we definitely won't have the level of unit specificity (is that a word?) of the AuM mods or the like.

Historical battles are very difficult to make, so TGW probably won't have any until we get a good mapper