Thread: negative income

Default negative income

Any way to avoid it?
    Last edited by Eneru112; September 22, 2010 at 10:41 AM.

Default Re: negative income

Build economic buildings, keep taxes high, get trade.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

Negative income as in when it says you're making a negative profit in your financial scroll or when the number under settlements is a negative number? If it's the latter, don't worry about it. Just press "f" while on the campaign map to see your financial list and it's the end of turn profit which matters ultimately. If you have a negative profit though, have a look at your army upkeep. This is usually the reason behind a negative profit. Best way to solve this is to disband excess and unneeded soldiers or alternatively you can build economic buildings such as ports, farms, mines, markets, roads and the "production" buildings and set taxes to high or very high. Note that setting taxes to very high may result in your governor getting bad traits for being too harsh. A high tax rate is the way to go.

EDIT: Quit beating me tone! Don't you have the next patch to work on! ...Just kidding, we know you're retarde-...i mean retired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ISA Gunner View Post
    Negative income as in when it says you're making a negative profit in your financial scroll or when the number under settlements is a negative number? If it's the latter, don't worry about it. Just press "f" while on the campaign map to see your financial list and it's the end of turn profit which matters ultimately. If you have a negative profit though, have a look at your army upkeep. This is usually the reason behind a negative profit. Best way to solve this is to disband excess and unneeded soldiers or alternatively you can build economic buildings such as ports, farms, mines, markets, roads and the "production" buildings and set taxes to high or very high. Note that setting taxes to very high may result in your governor getting bad traits for being too harsh. A high tax rate is the way to go.

EDIT: Quit beating me tone! Don't you have the next patch to work on! ...Just kidding, we know you're retarde-...i mean retired.
    I have another question: If I set the taxes to high/very high and the city revolts should I occupy, enslave or 'depopulate'? What is the best option?

depends on the city. If it is a very large and newly conquered city like Massilla or Syracuse, you will have to keep a large garrison there, make the city an allied state, and keep taxes low while you romanize the place. That is the only way to avoid massacring or enslaving the place.

otherwise, if it is an Italian city or starting province, you should not have to worry about revolts if you have a half-way decent FM in charge and are constantly building infrastructure. if you aren't taking care of domestic economy and infrastructure, you will see revolts.

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

Depends on you. If you enslave, not only does that settlement lose population but others with governors will get a population boost so think about it. Can you afford to have this settlement be reduced in population and will others revolt from the population boost? As for extermination, well - theres a chance your general might get negative traits for slaughtering people and again, while it may be effective in quashing a rebellion, can you afford to lose that many people in that settlement. I tend to always occupy unless under extreme circumstances because i feel it's more realistic and i prefer it to the others. It's best to net let the revolt happen in the first place so either increase your garrison and/or put a governor in charge so happiness is above 100% or decrease the tax rate for the meantime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks a lot for the help, guys. Much appreciated.