Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building browser

saneel's Avatar Senator

Default Building browser

Can someone posts all roman building browsers, because it's incomplete in the game.
    Tnx

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Building browser

There is no such thing.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

saneel's Avatar Senator

Well can some then explain me which buildings i need to have to recruit legions?

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    Well can some then explain me which buildings i need to have to recruit legions?
    Here ya go

Because each legion has its own particular Area of Recruitment (AOR), is unique to itself, and can only be recruited after the Marian Reforms, people often ask that one question: How/When can I recruit the legions? Rest assured, this is a simple guideline to to facilitate you in recruiting the legions.
    • You initiate the Marian Reforms by building an imperial palace in Akragas (located in Sicily). This allows you to recruit non-named and non-numbered legions.
    • To set the basework for recruiting numbered and named legions, you must build a Supply of Army Rations in the city you wish to recruit from
    • To be able to recruit the Hamata or "Republican" legions, you must build a Roman Fortress in the city you wish to recruit from.
    • To be able to recruit the Segmentata or "Imperial" legions, you must build a Curia Hostilia in the city you wish to recruit from.
    • To be able to recruit early Praetorian legions, you must build the Praetorian Guard Training Ground in Rome.
    • To be able to recruit late Praetorian legions, you must build the Castra Praetoria in Rome.
    Read the descriptions on the military buildings aswell that you want to build, it should help a lot with understanding what you need to build.
    My Workshop - Signatures, Avatars and other work I've done on TW related subjects.
    "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."
    - Julius Caesar

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

@Cynik - thanks for posting.

@saneel - what Cynik has posted is from the Release Thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559

It's worth a read.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Marcus_Vipsanius's Avatar Semisalis

I think it should add 'City must have citizenship to train Legions (any era)'

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get him as soon as you can, strike him as hard as you can and keep moving on.
    (Ulysses S. Grant)

ROMA SURRECTUM II-FAN

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

That is correct. However, EVERY building in RS2 (as far as I know) tells you what you need to build for the next level of building right in the first lines of the building description. If it DOESN'T tell you, I'd like to know, because I'll fix it. But I took great pains to do this so that people would know what was necessary for the next building....even though the Building Browser will often tell you anyway.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Marcus_Vipsanius's Avatar Semisalis

Ok, I'll recheck that.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get him as soon as you can, strike him as hard as you can and keep moving on.
    (Ulysses S. Grant)

ROMA SURRECTUM II-FAN

saneel's Avatar Senator

How you build that Roman fotress? Or curia hostilia? I dont find those builidings in building browser...

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    How you build that Roman fotress? Or curia hostilia? I dont find those builidings in building browser...
    You need Civitas, army supply, top tier barracks atleast, then you will get Roman fortress, that is after the reforms of course. Atleast I think this is what you need.
    ¨Philip of Macedon: “If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground.”

¨Spartan reply: “If.”

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

It's in the building descriptions.
    For one last time, people: Read the descriptions!

saneel's Avatar Senator

You tell me. Deserve some rep

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    That is correct. However, EVERY building in RS2 (as far as I know) tells you what you need to build for the next level of building right in the first lines of the building description. If it DOESN'T tell you, I'd like to know, because I'll fix it. But I took great pains to do this so that people would know what was necessary for the next building....even though the Building Browser will often tell you anyway.
    And I praise you for doing that, Sir. This has got to be one the most helpful stuff in there.

For the top level barracks you need:

Fortified city at least (or fortified and economic city)
    Supply of rations
    Weapon metals - either weapons metals import or a metal resource
    Citizenship

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Why some cities like eg Edessa can recruit unnumbered early legion cohorts and after upgrade campus to roman fortress it is possible to recruit only evocata and antistigniary (similiar name), no named legion at all, and in other cities it is possible to recruit even 3 different named legions?
    Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad but not ill.

One question. I've looked in the building browser and are unable to find the imperial palace building which i need in Akragas for reforms. I am kinda assuming that is huge city, confirm/deny?

I am thinking about making an entire building browser just to make it easier for people to understand how the building tree works. It can get a bit confusing at times, and especially if you just started playing you have absolutely no clue what is going on. So unless someone else is already doing this, I am willing to take this task on me.

edit: it will probably just be a large image, looking similar to the ingame building browser, but complete and with all useful details.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post
    I am thinking about making an entire building browser just to make it easier for people to understand how the building tree works. It can get a bit confusing at times, and especially if you just started playing you have absolutely no clue what is going on. So unless someone else is already doing this, I am willing to take this task on me.

edit: it will probably just be a large image, looking similar to the ingame building browser, but complete and with all useful details.
    That would be really awesome, I'll see about putting it in the FAQ (WIP) when it's done.
    My Workshop - Signatures, Avatars and other work I've done on TW related subjects.
    "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."
    - Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Cynik View Post
    That would be really awesome, I'll see about putting it in the FAQ (WIP) when it's done.
    Yea well don't get your hopes up too much. After typing it, I realized what a big task this is gonna be. So I'll probably do Rome first, and maybe only Rome, and it will be kept very basic.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post
    Yea well don't get your hopes up too much. After typing it, I realized what a big task this is gonna be. So I'll probably do Rome first, and maybe only Rome, and it will be kept very basic.
    Something is better than nothing, though I think most questions regarding the building browser are usually for the Romans on the forums so I guess you could say that is in the spirit of the FAQ
    - Julius Caesar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast