Thread: [Submod] Battlefield Enhancement (mini-submod)

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Default [Submod] Battlefield Enhancement (mini-submod)

SV, would you be in favor of starting a sub-mod thread ?

That would give us the chance to contribute, although with small things, to the development of Chivalry II.

I would dare start with a tiny thing: the attached file fixes the terrain in the battle field, such that those poorly-modeled regions looking like asphalted areas are replaced with decent models & textures (eg short grass). It also smooths unrealistically steep hills in the battle field (strat map unaffected).

If must be copied onto SicilianVespers\data and requires:
    • the map.rwm of the relevant campaign to be deleted
    • SicilianVespers.cfg to be modified by adding

[io]
    file_first = true
    (Incidentally, note that the false-positive-free launcher does not seem to load the SicilianVespers.cfg)

It's been tested on several SV battles, plus in BC and other mods.

Your views ?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Sub-Mods

I suggest, that you wait on the next release. It'll give you a new base for submods.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Thanks Morfans, there is nothing worse than those cliff battles...where you can't find a path to the enemy!

I would agree with DV,. It would be better to wait for the new version, for sub-mods that make changes to the edu, edb, modelsdb, etc... Unless you are good with porting over changes.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    Thanks Morfans, there is nothing worse than those cliff battles...where you can't find a path to the enemy!
    And you don't want your glorious druzhinnik to shed their blood in a car parking, do you ?
    Beautiful units on a poorly designed vanilla terrain are truly depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    I would agree with DV,. It would be better to wait for the new version, for sub-mods that make changes to the edu, edb, modelsdb, etc... Unless you are good with porting over changes.
    Ok, it makes sense.
    Last edited by Morfans; September 22, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: [Submod] Battlefield Enhancement (mini-submod)

It can't hurt to make new submod threads. I've edited the title and is sticky now.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

So this thread is a bit dated, but for anyone who plays this and notices that there are huge cliffs in battles and what not, this does work for 3.3. It is not in the actual game as far as I can tell however. I'll continue checking, considering I've only had a chance for one battle, but it was way flatter, and that's the point of this mini-mod. If there are questions on install, I will try and flesh the install instructions out a little.

Enjoy!

Feel free to add me.

Anybody has this file?

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

What a pity.