Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big White Display Error for UI

Default Big White Display Error for UI

I just installed Expanded Americas, and it loads up okay. However, when I go into the battle, my HUD is completely white and the only thing you can see is half of my generals head. Also when the battle ends, the victory screen has a white block covering most of it. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Default Re: HUD error

Read the instructions in the main thread, in particular pay attention to the large red text. There are also the same instructions in the readme and during installation.

There is already a data folder in my main medieval folder. Should I replace it with the data folder included with EA?

Nevermind, I got it. I was doing something stupid. Thanks Eothese!

Hello, just downloaded the 3.2 full installation version and believe I have had the same error.

have installed to my steam folder, and as you can see, can play, currently playing as the Mayans Campaign, help will lead to +rep and lots of thanks!

Oh, I have copied and pasted the display UI files too, did not work I guess >.<

AHA! Found problem, there was no UI folder in my main m2tw folder, so had to make one and insert the display UI files. Damnable steam!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by RabidSheepLegion; January 02, 2011 at 09:19 PM.
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

yea it sucked for like the first two campaign battles, not knowing if enemy where in range of my off screen archers, if I was getting back attacked with map or anything :O Thx god I fixed it lol, might change to play as aztecs, they seem to have a more varied troop roster
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

I have the same problem and I have tried every thing you suggested but it won't go away, please help me.
    A true politition should always be willing to die if he fails his country. For no other group of people can cause so much damage or do so much good.

Quote Originally Posted by aceking90 View Post
    I have the same problem and I have tried every thing you suggested but it won't go away, please help me.
    What have you tried and what problem are you experiencing?

floyd_the_druid's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Wardog news

can anyone help me every time i try to do a battle on this mod instead of showing me the unit cards, mini map etc, it just shows a white bar any ideas?
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried....

DISPLAY FIX!

Start from the top and read carefully.

Icon4 Great mod, but problem with battle interface

First off, I'm incredibly thankfull for this mod, it is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately I ran into a problem at my first battle. My interface is completely screwed up, mostly white stuff ...

See attachement for what I mean, I hope this can be fixed some way

I also have another small question, because of the colour of text and the background on town construction/recruitment scrolls and such, I find it hard to read. Is there an easy way to change this?

Default Re: Great mod, but problem with battle interface

Quote Originally Posted by Rakward View Post
    First off, I'm incredibly thankfull for this mod, it is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately I ran into a problem at my first battle. My interface is completely screwed up, mostly white stuff ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakward View Post
    I also have another small question, because of the colour of text and the background on town construction/recruitment scrolls and such, I find it hard to read. Is there an easy way to change this?
    No to be honest I don't think there is a simple fix for this... You could always ask in the mod workshop.
    Last edited by Eothese; June 19, 2011 at 02:54 PM.

Default Re: Great mod, but problem with battle interface

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post

No to be honest I don't think there is a simple fix for this... You could always ask in the mod workshop.
    I thought my thread was deleted! :o

I had actually read the line about the unpacking files in the main topic, but completely forgot because I only installed/played it days after downloading.

Anyway, it's working, yay and thanks!
    Last edited by Eothese; June 19, 2011 at 02:54 PM.

Default Re: Big White Display Error for UI

Glad it's sorted.

Default white ui bug

the battle ui is whited out, is there an easy solution to this problem?

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: white ui bug

I had the same problem but looked over the read me again and I copied the ui folder (within "expanded_americas3.3/display/data" into the data folder in the main game's data folder, so far it works perfectly for me, hope it does for you too-this mod is awesome

Default Re: white ui bug

Thanks Dragour, glad to see people do read what's in the ReadMe's.

by main game you mean expanded americas? I tried copying the data from the UI folder into the proper game ui folder, replacing the 3 original files, but get the same error.

okay got it figured out, had to copy the ui folder from display to my original M2 data folder, works fine now
    Last edited by nein; March 30, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

No, into the main data folder, meaning the vanilla game, M2 itself, not the mod...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast