Thread: BMA's Custom HUD

Default BMA's Custom HUD

I was recently experimenting with what can be changed regarding the ui files and thought I would make a couple different HUDs for the campaign screen. These are small mods, and in this case, there are only two color changes, though an infinite number of possibilities exist.

Like any other mod, unpack these and place any single mod in your data folder. Add the appropriate line to your user.script or use ModManager, your choice. Only one mod can be active at a time.

If there is interest, I can make some others (as requested) and/or make some for the battle HUD and some of the other panels so there can be pretty much a complete set.

Attached are the following hud_mini-mods:

BMA_bk_hud_mod.pack
    BMA_brit_flag_hud_mod.pack
    BMA_fr_flag_hud_mod.pack
    BMA_mah_hud_mod.pack
    BMA_parch_hud_mod.pack
    BMA_wmarble_hud_mod.pack

Spoiler for Black HUD

Spoiler for Mahogany HUD

Spoiler for British Flag Hud

Spoiler for French Flag Hud

Spoiler for White Marble HUD

Spoiler for Parchment HUD

As a note, use these as you wish, just remember where they originated and give a bit of credit if you can.
    Last edited by BlackMailedAgain; September 21, 2010 at 03:04 AM.
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Santayana

Laetus

Default Re: BMA's Custom HUD

Is it possible to change the buttons and tabs, also? If you could make it all similar colours to Empire's UI I would love you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chattox View Post
    Is it possible to change the buttons and tabs, also? If you could make it all similar colours to Empire's UI I would love you forever.
    Pretty much (most) anything is possible, but mostly it is an issue of quantity...there being lots and lots of buttons, bars, icons, tabs and so on. Also, many of the panes, bars, borders and so on, are composed of multiple parts, each one of which needs to be changed to alter the whole picture. There are over 1000 files in just the campaign UI folder alone. For each of the multi-part images, I have to locate every part.

Changing object locations is another matter.

That was the long answer. The short one is, yes it can be done (color scheme).
    Last edited by BlackMailedAgain; September 20, 2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Numbers
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore

keminsky's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Chattox View Post

i dont wanna be bad about this, but if you liked empire total war a lot,check this thread about tuned INterfaces for ETW..

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...marble&page=17

vanilla interface for etw had more transparence for example, and that made the end-turn function take longer,, and it wasnt that pretty, ...anyway, what do you think about the black marble version?
    would be cool to make somthing similar to the main panel for ntw one, huh?

to the creator of this thread, please dont misinterpret me, i was just trying to show somthing about ETW ui to this friend of ours
    ladrão que rouba a ladrão..é ladrão

Quote Originally Posted by keminsky View Post
    i dont wanna be bad about this, but if you liked empire total war a lot,check this thread about tuned INterfaces for ETW..

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...marble&page=17

vanilla interface for etw had more transparence for example, and that made the end-turn function take longer,, and it wasnt that pretty, ...anyway, what do you think about the black marble version?
    would be cool to make somthing similar to the main panel for ntw one, huh?

to the creator of this thread, please dont misinterpret me, i was just trying to show somthing about ETW ui to this friend of ours
    As far as ETW, good game though I prefer NTW....mostly. If I get around to it, I will add the black and white marble varieties as soon as I find where I put them on my hd. I think there is a great opportunity for static graphic enhancement (once the 1000s of pix are waded through) if folks have the time. Most people are seeking improvements in game playability and quality.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

It is possible to have all the campaign menus changed like this?
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

i'll down..... this tomorrow

Where do I download this from?

Dead links. How do I download this?