Thread: Average player looking to turn Pro!

Icon5 Average player looking to turn Pro!

Hello all!

1st things ive been using this forum for the past week since I got the all amazing third age mod for Mtw2! *been playing as scotland in kingdoms for far too long!.. come on the tartan army!! hehe*

So my first post will have to be a good view questions ive been meaning to ask!

1)Is there any in depth guides on playing the free people? *apart from how to regain Arnor*
    2)When it comes to generals and getting there chivarly up.. is this a much harder/time consuming approach then to say.. going full out fear generals?
    3)If I have use mainly fear generals.. with this make them tend to be more disloyal to my all mighty king who tends to lean on chivarly?

That should be it for now! I know ill end up asking more sooner or later! Thanks in advance for all the epic replys am sure this helpful community will put together

Thanks again

Rane!

P.s - if any modders need an experianced texture maker give me a shout! hehe*artist here always willing to give a helping hand*

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Average player looking to turn Pro!

your sig is awesome!! + rep
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

1- don't think so, there are some general tips here
    2- I always go for full out chivalry generals so I can't make a comparison. The only thing you can do to boost your general's chivalry is releasing prisoners in every battle. There are other ways to get chivalry but they are a bit more random. For your king's chivalry don't use assassins.
    3- Don't think there is a correlation.

I'm a texture maker myself an I could use some help with two of my projects
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376540
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=387783

This project by alreadyded is quite exciting too and could really use some help in the texture department
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355651

Ah thanks for the quick replies! I just finished work and came right back to the world of third age! (apart from keeping the missus's happy with a phone call )

but yeh.. thanks for the signature rep.. feels nice to get a compliment/rep on my first post!

as for the reply on chivarly... If i used assasin's for sabotage missions.. would that still effect my king?

Also! ... i would be happy to help any/your project... ive taken a look and the creature addition sounds like a massive buzz for me!.. So any help you would need I would gladly give! If you have msn send me it in a private message and I can work with you from there with any odd job you may wish to give me to help out on such an epic idea!

much thanks again..

Rane

Quote Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    Hello all!

1st things ive been using this forum for the past week since I got the all amazing third age mod for Mtw2! *been playing as scotland in kingdoms for far too long!.. come on the tartan army!! hehe*

So my first post will have to be a good view questions ive been meaning to ask!
    Welcome! I hope you are enjoyng the mod!

1)Is there any in depth guides on playing the free people? *apart from how to regain Arnor*
    Not that I know.

2)When it comes to generals and getting there chivarly up.. is this a much harder/time consuming approach then to say.. going full out fear generals?
    I think yes. Chilvary is a hard thing to get. That is why you should use generals that already have chilvary in the game start or when they grow up to become governors. and others to become generals or extra calvary.

3)If I have use mainly fear generals.. with this make them tend to be more disloyal to my all mighty king who tends to lean on chivarly?
    No, dreadful people are interested in kill, no matter for whom. But chilvarous people don't like a dreadful king.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavio View Post
    No, dreadful people are interested in kill, no matter for whom. But chilvarous people don't like a dreadful king.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Right thats grand.. so basically ill make Aragorn nice and pretty so his chilvarous traits will hopefully come out and shine... and that will allow me to be an alot fearsome battle master with a few other generals... *mainly against them pesky orcs and goblins!*

thanks again!

Rane!

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Ah thanks for the quick replies! I just finished work and came right back to the world of third age! (apart from keeping the missus's happy with a phone call )

but yeh.. thanks for the signature rep.. feels nice to get a compliment/rep on my first post!

as for the reply on chivarly... If i used assasin's for sabotage missions.. would that still effect my king?

Also! ... i would be happy to help any/your project... ive taken a look and the creature addition sounds like a massive buzz for me!.. So any help you would need I would gladly give! If you have msn send me it in a private message and I can work with you from there with any odd job you may wish to give me to help out on such an epic idea!

much thanks again..

Rane
    I think sabotage doesn't have any effect on your king.

Go to the creatures thread an say you want to help with skinning, alreadyded, the mod leader, will send you an invite for the social group where he will be posting updated models soon.

Do you know how to UV map? Do you have some knowledge of total war modding?

i know some uv mapping, but ive never done such a low polgon count game such as mtw2 but i love a challenege