Thread: [RS 2.0] More units for romans

Kaad's Avatar Laetus

Default [RS 2.0] More units for romans

I'm downloading the game but I'm gona add some units to be more complete!

Default Re: [RS 2.0] More units for romans

Do you want to elaborate? What kinds of units are you thinking of adding? I think the game allows for tons of AOR troops and mercenaries as it is.

I think you should dowload and tried the mod before making this statements.I don't know if it can be possible, maybe the 500 unit limit has been reached, i'm not sure about this but i'm sure that the dmb model limits has been reached.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

The unit limit has indeed been reached. If you want to add units, you'll have to delete some from other factions.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Kaad's Avatar Laetus

Thankx for answering.

Bad luck

What do they need more for? :|

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Zuka View Post
    What do they need more for? :|
    Flaming pigs, ninjas, and gladiators.

Do you still want to add more units knowing that you'll have to remove some allready in the mod? To be clearer, will you do this sub-mod or not?

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

...Why is this thread still open? Srsly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Well you can't add any more Roman units but shouldn't need to as there are lots of units to choose from including allied ones.

The 500 unit limit on the descr_model_battle text file hasn't been exceeded to enable you to play with this number of models using Alexander.exe (not BI). However the export_descr_unit file limit is full because it has a lower limit of around 340 I think? CA didn't answer the team's requests to overcome this hard code limit I'm afraid. Pathetic if you ask me given that people are dashing out to buy RTW just to be able to play the mod, but that's the current mindset of CA.

However I see you can still add officers for some of the Roman units as the 3 officer slot hasn't been entirely filled, as long as you are playing the Alexander exe, as I think the BI exe will not allow extra entries in the descr_model_battle file.

At the moment I'm having fun adding some extra officers and customizing some of the units for the Barbarian units to create a bit more diversity in the battle line up. It would be nice to see an officer sub mod created by someone.
    Last edited by caratacus; September 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM.

Kaad's Avatar Laetus

Ok I will add officers for roman, carthage & macedon (I have almost 10 officers to put)

It's only possible for the Alex.exe

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Yes.. I thought it might only be possible for playing using Alexander.exe

Remember Kaad to make sure that when you add Officers and Standard bearers for any unit, the factions that use that unit also have an entry in the descr_model_battle file for that officer.

In addition to officer animations it also works for some unit models that utilise Spearman and swordsman animation but not when they include javelin.

Hi me again
    This thread might be dead, but im asking for the same thing. I want the Arcani unit back from the vanilla RTW. Is it true that you have already reached the 500 unit limit? If so, can you replace any missile cavalry unit from Rome and add Arcani unit.
    I know i could do this myself, but i really don't have the time. I have a school project witch is one week late and the teacher isn't very happy about it
    And because you are so experienced modders this won't take much time. (i think) Il be very, very grateful.

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

Yeah they did, I found that out the hard way trying to add my own units.
    As for the Arcani, I might try and make them but I'm not making any promises.
    Last edited by NightEye; October 16, 2010 at 03:09 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenaccount View Post
    Hi me again
    This thread might be dead, but im asking for the same thing. I want the Arcani unit back from the vanilla RTW. Is it true that you have already reached the 500 unit limit? If so, can you replace any missile cavalry unit from Rome and add Arcani unit.
    I know i could do this myself, but i really don't have the time. I have a school project witch is one week late and the teacher isn't very happy about it
    And because you are so experienced modders this won't take much time. (i think) Il be very, very grateful.
    you must be pulling our legs!

Libertus

add the hastati! please the hastati!!!!